+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem changing icons via SSH

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey, hopefully this is in the right forum... I'm on a jailbroken 2G with 3.0 firmware...I've been slowly but surely manually replacing stock icons with ones from the Orbz set
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem changing icons via SSH
    Hey, hopefully this is in the right forum...

I'm on a jailbroken 2G with 3.0 firmware...I've been slowly but surely manually replacing stock icons with ones from the Orbz set through SSH...however, I've noticed that for apps I've already replaced, I lose the small icon in Settings and icons in Categories.... any clue how I would go about repairing this? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,608 Times in 1,909 Posts

Are you replacing the icons through a theme folder or are you replacing the icons completely? You should replace the icons through a theme folder so you can decide later if you want to omit the look by unchecking the theme in WinterBoard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've uninstalled Winterboard, because I'm replacing (and backing up) everything manually...

Thanks

Look under the /Applications folder. For the apps the lost their icons for settings, go into each app's folder and look to see if they have the Default.png, icon.png AND Icon-Small.png. Icon-Small.png is the file that the settings folder uses.

I'm guessing that if you change all 3 files, everything should work.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Azn_Sapper; 10-03-2009 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks
    I just upgraded to 3.1.2 and did a jailbreak on my 3G.

I previously had the Small-E theme (smaller icons only), which I reinstalled via Cydia after the upgrade/break.

Some of my stock icons (Facebook, My Wireless AT&T, ebay, voice recorder, daisy RSS feed, flycast, mobile banking, pandora, photoshop, weather channel, shutterfly and zippo) did not resize as I thought I remembered then doing. So I ssh'd in to stash/applications. I don't see these apps installed, so I can't resize their icons.

I've checked around in a couple of other ssh folders but still don't see them.

ANyone know where these might be located? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default winscp to iphone 3g,need help
    I too upgraded to 3.1.2 on my jailbroken iphone 3g...I have winscp and winrar...how do i get the files from this website to ssh onto my iphone???? everything icons,badges,sms,themes,carrier logs, how can i get all that stuff on my iphone thru winscp?? Need help Thanks