Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
File Modsforums, a part of the
Hey guys, just curious if anyone that is using iPhoneBrowser to transfer files to and from their iPhone, is it working for you all? I downloaded iTunes 9 (but did...
09-09-2009, 11:31 PM #1iPhoneBrowser not working after iTunes 9?
Hey guys, just curious if anyone that is using iPhoneBrowser to transfer files to and from their iPhone, is it working for you all? I downloaded iTunes 9 (but did NOT download 3.1) and it keeps saying the program stopped working every time i plug my phone up. Any other freeware programs I can navigate around on my phone and add themes?
edit: also downloaded iPhone Explorer and it's doing the same thing for that as well.....
Last edited by Captain McFunk; 09-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.
09-09-2009, 11:40 PM #2
same here. at first i thought it was because i installed some new Windows updates that might conflict with sth. The problem is still there even i uninstalled all of those updates. Might be something wrong with it. i tried every program they worked b4, now they dont!
When i open iTunnel, there's a line MobileDevice said could not convert the message into XML, i think the problem might be there.
09-10-2009, 01:26 AM #3
Yup, definitely due to updating to iTunes 9. I'm still jailbroken on 3.01.
I seem to recall this kind of thing happening with previous iTunes upgrades, and having something to do with the "iTunesMobileDevice.dll" file getting updated.
I'm guessing that iPhone Browser(and like programs) will have to be updated to accommodate this change.
09-10-2009, 02:11 AM #4
NOOOOOOO awww fudge. Well good heads up on this and i'm going to just sit here till something is figured out. Its ok though iTunes and 3.1 doesn't seem like a big deal to me anyway.
09-10-2009, 02:45 AM #5
Try "FunBox" it had worked for me in the past when iPhonebrowser has not.
09-10-2009, 02:58 AM #6
Nope. Funbox relies on the same dll as well and does not work until updated. Same issue as when iTunes 8.2 was released.
We'll just have to wait until they find a workaround. Or use WinSCP, which uses a wifi connection to SSH, instead of USB.
09-10-2009, 06:08 AM #7
iPhone Tunnel Suite doesnt work for me anymore. FunBox doesnt work either.
Only DiskAid works for me.
09-10-2009, 06:14 AM #8
09-10-2009, 10:45 AM #9
WinSCP - make sure u'r PC or AV Firewall is not blocking it.
WinSCP is just perfect for fiddling around in the phoneDo hope that helps
**uoʇʇnq „sʞuɐɥʇ„ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**_________________________________________________
09-10-2009, 12:33 PM #10
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM #11
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM #12
09-10-2009, 04:28 PM #13
Oh no, not with iTunes 9. lol sowi to confuse you. :/
DiskAid works with iTunes 9 for me.
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM #14
I had the same problem with iphonebrowser also when I updated to itunes 9.0. I had to install winscp and it worked fine. To connect to winscp you have to enter your IP address for host name, root for user name then alpine for password. If you have wifi just push on the arrow next to your wifi connection and the IP address should be there. Hope this helps !!!
09-10-2009, 08:23 PM #15
wow thats bad but open ssh is my main the i use
09-10-2009, 11:29 PM #16
...and the hits just keep coming. lol
::Now waits patiently for an iPhone Browser Update::
09-11-2009, 11:19 AM #17iPhone Explore now works with iTunes 9
Just wanted to let you know I got iPhone Explorer back up and running with iTunes 9.
09-11-2009, 11:57 AM #18
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I can confirm that DiskAid does work... but it's not free either.
09-11-2009, 12:08 PM #19
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM #20
I don't know if Chris is affiliated with iPhone Explorer, but I can confirm what he says.
There is a new iTunes 9 compatible version out(0.96) that fixes the issue. iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC
Installed it and it works. This was my first time using it and I think I like it better than iPhone Browser, so cool. When I first launched it, the option to select the real root directory was greyed out, so I selected the default one. Then I went to File>Select Root Directory, and was able to then select the real root.