Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Themes won't Load and sbsettings wont work and apps are copied in 2 places

Angry Themes won't Load and sbsettings wont work and apps are copied in 2 places
    Ok so I am new to posting on these forums so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Usually I just search and I find exactly what I need. So my phone did something really weird yesterday, i respringed after installing mac osx theme by KRS, great theme by the way. And my phone decided to reboot, then blank screen then reboot again. This went on for about an hour and a half and I finally said screw it and opened up redsnow put the phone in DFU mode and re-unlocked it and jailbroke it. Now everything works fine.....except all my apps are there as well as my themes, however, when I go to winterboard and select a theme it will respring and then nothing will change. SB settings will not drop down no matter how many times I try and I now have every app out of categories as well as in the folders I created previously. And yes both copies of the apps will run. When i load cydia I can download everything fine but when I select packages there's nothing in there but repos and programming stuff, no apps or themes. So I'm lost and would appreciate any help. Worst case scenario I will restore and go from there.
    Oh and I'm running a 2G 8GB on 3.0

You should always update as new before you jailbreak. This could be your problem. Do not sync from a backup. Make sure you leave iTunes as it stands and don't update to 3.1. Restore the phone as new, then jailbreak. I would make sure your photos are backed up because you will loose everything that does not sync with iTunes.