Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Photos Not Appearing in Camera Roll.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation New Photos Not Appearing in Camera Roll.
    Hello,
    i have an iphone 3g on 3.0 (jailbroken) and a 3gs on 3.0.1.(not jailbroken)
    every time i take a photo or screen shot on my iphone 3g its does not appear in the camera roll i have the video-toggle for SBSettings to edit video, i have the 3.0 firmware jialbroken, i have tried fixing permissions and do not wish to restore my iphone. This is not happening on my 3gs, anyone got any idea whats happening and how to fix it ?? Many thanks.

Oliver.

Photos Disappearing due to a Bug in iPhone OS 3.0? - iPhone Hacks

It's a bug in the new OS. Read more on the link above.

P.S Dont forget to hit "thanks"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdys_1991 For This Useful Post:

OLIVERJONES (09-05-2009)

Thanks

Default Photo Disappearing FIX
    The bug occurs when the photo names generated by the iPhone reach IMG_10000.xxx or higher, where the xxx represents either a JPG for photos, PNG for screen snapshots, or MOV for videos. Once you've reached this 10,000 mark milestone in your iPhone photography career, the Mobile Photos app no longer displays additional media files. Luckily, however, the photos are still there--they simply don't display on the phone.
    The Phoneview utility from Ecamm on Macs--the free demo version works long enough to uncover the missing photos. PC users can find their shots via iFunBox (free).

Hopefully, Apple will fix this error in the 3.1. In the meantime, a simple work-around, is the best alternative:
    Sync your iPhone in iTunes making, sure that the backup completes and that you sync all your photos when prompted and--this is important--manually using one of the utilities above.
    Using the same utility, delete all folders on your iPhone inside the DCIM folder that are named xxxAPPLE, where the XXX is the number 100-999.
    Take an test photo with the iPhone and check to see if it shows up in the camera roll.
    Repeat the delete step above.
    Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding Home plus Sleep/Wake until the Apple Logo appears then release both buttons.
    This resolves the problem by resetting the number of pictures to its initial state--far below the 10,000 milestone that caused the problem in the first place.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

OLIVERJONES (09-05-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Thanks Guys.
    Thanks for the quick replies and the fix save my life can't believe apple would not think people would take so many photos I have not tired it yet but am in the process of doing so. The replies were so quick post an post have dinner and answer is waiting thank so much guys

Just tested it all working 110% thanks so much sursture for the fix all photos are backed up and are going be added to iphoto and synced with my iphone in an album so they are still there but camera roll is empty. Couldn't live without this place if it ok with you sursture there are other forums on other sites with this problem is there is it ok it i quote your fix?? Very proud of the 3G 10,000 Mark cant wait for the 3GS 10,000 mark to
    Last edited by OLIVERJONES; 09-05-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OLIVERJONES View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies and the fix ........Couldn't live without this place if it ok with you sursture there are other forums on other sites with this problem is there is it ok it i quote your fix?? Very proud of the 3G 10,000 Mark cant wait for the 3GS 10,000 mark to
    Be my guest - I'd be happy also for you taking full credit