Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons

Thanks

First page.
    Follow the instructions.

I'm on the right thread right?
    I told someone that on the wrong thread last time.. lol.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

lol yup you are on the correct thread. :P

I deleted all the "Safe Daemons" and about 50% of the "Conditional Daemons". +I did the manual rewrite of iTunesstored.plist and my result was 0MB better? (Running a 3GS with OS3.0)

no speed difference? try language packs

Can anyone tell me how to set the permissions to the launchdaemon folder like you said to do?

As detailed as possible please. (sorry for two posts I just need detailed help as I'm fairly new at all of this) thank you :]
    Last edited by L33tWeazel; 09-14-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Ro-K View Post
    Well, there's so many who've had problems after that.. Having to reboot the whole phone's just not worth it.. And also, I'm not 100% sure which folder is "Swedish". :P

Quote Originally Posted by L33tWeazel View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to set the permissions to the launchdaemon folder like you said to do?

As detailed as possible please. (sorry for two posts I just need detailed help as I'm fairly new at all of this) thank you :]
    Permissions don't need to be changed.I didn't change them and my iPod works fine.May be different if you're on another device,but I did it fine with my iPod Touch 2G.

Ok thank you! Htk I'd send u a thumbs up but I'm on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Ro-K View Post
    Yes I did say I did the language packs as well. There is no improvement for me whatsoever.

I have performed this and the language files removal on 3.1 and confirm it works 100%

How much did your iDevice benefit from it?
    Have you noticed a boost increase?

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know if the launchdaemon folder is the same for all iphone generations? It looks like it contains the same amount of files. I just did it to my 1G iphone and am getting ready to do it on my 3G. I saved my edited folder and just wanted to drop it into my 3G. Quick and fast.

Default Lang packs
    Where can i find the language packs on my phone? what directory?

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

fastrek:

This link might help you.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...rformance.html

a bit of a problem.... i removed all the safe daemons and some of the conditional daemons.

Everything works fine but when i put my iphone 3g on a dock i get no audio from the device instead audio still comes out from the phone.

I was sure to leave the following daemon:

com.apple.accessoryd.plist - If removed, disables accessories like FM radio transmitters, iPhone docks, and AV cables. Accessories will be able to charge your device, but that is all they will be able to do. Remove this if you don't use any of these accessories.

what went wrong or what daemon should i put back in to allow audio to come out of the iphone av dock??

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moonandstar View Post
    a bit of a problem.... i removed all the safe daemons and some of the conditional daemons.

Everything works fine but when i put my iphone 3g on a dock i get no audio from the device instead audio still comes out from the phone.

I was sure to leave the following daemon:

com.apple.accessoryd.plist - If removed, disables accessories like FM radio transmitters, iPhone docks, and AV cables. Accessories will be able to charge your device, but that is all they will be able to do. Remove this if you don't use any of these accessories.

what went wrong or what daemon should i put back in to allow audio to come out of the iphone av dock??

Thanks in advance.
    moonandstar try putting this one back in com.apple.aggregated.plist. If that doesnt work than maybe try putting all of the conditional ones back in to see if that fixes your problem. Good luck!!!

Could someone help me provide /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.accessoryd.plist
    (iPhone 3G 3.0.1 but mayby other versions works fine to). Lost my backup and it safes me time from restoring

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

on a 3gs running 3.0 downgraded from 3.1 .. that was a mistake and a timely fix lol..
    anywayss...
    only thing i changed on mine were the safe daemons. topped off at 164 MB while running glasklart theme on winterboard

I've got Ipod Touch 2G OS.3.0 I accidentely delete com.apple.apsd.plist can someone give a link for it?Please!

here is the original launch daemons folder.

enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast