Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sounds good thanx

Thanks

What daemon removes the multitasking app switcher bar? You know, the bar that pops up when you double push the home button?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imanono View Post
    What daemon removes the multitasking app switcher bar? You know, the bar that pops up when you double push the home button?
    Not sure but I don't think that's Daemon-dependant...

...and the old way of disabling Multitasking doesn't work anymore

So let me get this right.first I make a back up and save it in my desktop, I then rename the original file IN my ssh to launchdaemons.old . After that. I make a copy of my backup and edit that file. Then I import that file with the official name(don't overwrite) and change permissions to 775... Then if I want to change it bak to normal I just switch the names of the files and revert permissions??

which of these daemon for voice control i could remove but i still want my iPhone/iOS to be able talk to me for such banner notification talking.....thanks

*com.apple.scrod.plist - This daemon deals with Voice Control. If you
    don't use Voice Control, you can delete this daemon.
    *com.apple.voiced.plist - Yet another Voice Control daemon.
    *com.apple.VoiceOverTouch.plist - Another Voice Control daemon.
    *com.apple.vsassetd.plist - Starts the actual VoiceServices for Voice
    Control. Delete if you don't use Voice Control.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    which of these daemon for voice control i could remove but i still want my iPhone/iOS to be able talk to me for such banner notification talking.....thanks

*com.apple.scrod.plist - This daemon deals with Voice Control. If you
    don't use Voice Control, you can delete this daemon.
    *com.apple.voiced.plist - Yet another Voice Control daemon.
    *com.apple.VoiceOverTouch.plist - Another Voice Control daemon.
    *com.apple.vsassetd.plist - Starts the actual VoiceServices for Voice
    Control. Delete if you don't use Voice Control.
    Make a copy of all them to a different folder, delete all of them from the daemon file and then replace/try out each one separately.

I highly doubt the VoiceOverTouch is needed though...

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Hi guys

Interesting reading. A couple of questions though I have a iPhone 4s running 5.1.1 so is there any point in me doing this ? A little speed never hurts or no point ?

I would be using ifun box to drag the folder out an edit. But it says be sure that you set permission to 755 ! I don't know what this means and I have never set any permissions when replacing folders before so how do I do this on Window 7 or will I be prompted when dragging the folder back into my phone ?

I would like the Answers to the above and also can I not just do this with ifile and just make a copy of the folder on my phone "so I would have two folders one of which would be called copy" then edit the original ? That way I would have the copy if needed ?

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Hi guys

Interesting reading. A couple of questions though I have a iPhone 4s running 5.1.1 so is there any point in me doing this ? A little speed never hurts or no point ?

I would be using ifun box to drag the folder out an edit. But it says be sure that you set permission to 755 ! I don't know what this means and I have never set any permissions when replacing folders before so how do I do this on Window 7 or will I be prompted when dragging the folder back into my phone ?

I would like the Answers to the above and also can I not just do this with ifile and just make a copy of the folder on my phone "so I would have two folders one of which would be called copy" then edit the original ? That way I would have the copy if needed ?

Thanks
    Using iFile will work just the same way....u don't have to SSH to do this BUT, please consider just using 'Daemon Tool;' It's safer than doing it the way listed in this thread...it's very easy to brick ur device doing it this way!

Google 'Daemon Tool' and you'll find a repo to get it from. Also consider 'sysclean' or 'syscleanpro' to remove other unnecessary files.

On an ip4S, it helps a little bit for RAM but not really anything you could noticeably detect. These are better on the ip4 and 3GS for noticing speed increases

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Using iFile will work just the same way....u don't have to SSH to do this BUT, please consider just using 'Daemon Tool;' It's safer than doing it the way listed in this thread...it's very easy to brick ur device doing it this way!

Google 'Daemon Tool' and you'll find a repo to get it from. Also consider 'sysclean' or 'syscleanpro' to remove other unnecessary files.

On an ip4S, it helps a little bit for RAM but not really anything you could noticeably detect. These are better on the ip4 and 3GS for noticing speed increases
    Hi

Thanks for this. I have run Daemon Tool (when I say run I mean installed it) and it re booted my phone but there is no icon and nothing in settings. Is it as simple as installing and un installing to make it work ?

How do you know it's working ?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Hi

Thanks for this. I have run Daemon Tool (when I say run I mean installed it) and it re booted my phone but there is no icon and nothing in settings. Is it as simple as installing and un installing to make it work ?

How do you know it's working ?
    There are no settings. You can verify its removed the daemons because it creates a folder in root that'll show what was extracted and then you can compare it too the default list. If you uninstall the tweak, it'll place the removed daemons back into place.

[Find the LaunchDaemons folder and download the entire thing to your desktop.
    Rename the original to something like "LaunchDaemons.old" or "LaunchDaemons.original" so that you have an easily retrievable backup if something should go wrong. (It is HIGHLY recommended that you make this backup.)
    Make any changes you want to the copy on your desktop,
    and then simply reupload to your device when you're done. Be sure that the copy doesn't overwrite the original ]

my questions are:
    a) "LaunchDaemons.old" or "LaunchDaemons.original", is these referring to the the file inside the system or in the desktop?
    - in my understanding, renaming will be done in the file inside the system
    b) after uploading the EDITED "LaunchDaemons", there will be 2 "LaunchDaemons" file in the system right? the one that is edited and the other one is the backup (the file that is renamed)?
    c) how about the "language packs", i want to disable also those that i dont need.

i have iphone 4 running on ios 5.1.1, i want to try this but this is really confusing, can i use the method with my current firmware?

what is daemon tool? in my understanding, it works just the same, the difference only is, the program do the work, in other words, its automatic, while the original one (the main topic of this thread) is manual, and there risk involve. am i right? i just want to understand it well before i go into battle..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeneleven View Post
    [Find the LaunchDaemons folder and download the entire thing to your desktop.
    Rename the original to something like "LaunchDaemons.old" or "LaunchDaemons.original" so that you have an easily retrievable backup if something should go wrong. (It is HIGHLY recommended that you make this backup.)
    Make any changes you want to the copy on your desktop,
    and then simply reupload to your device when you're done. Be sure that the copy doesn't overwrite the original ]

my questions are:
    a) "LaunchDaemons.old" or "LaunchDaemons.original", is these referring to the the file inside the system or in the desktop?
    - in my understanding, renaming will be done in the file inside the system
    b) after uploading the EDITED "LaunchDaemons", there will be 2 "LaunchDaemons" file in the system right? the one that is edited and the other one is the backup (the file that is renamed)?
    c) how about the "language packs", i want to disable also those that i dont need.

i have iphone 4 running on ios 5.1.1, i want to try this but this is really confusing, can i use the method with my current firmware?

what is daemon tool? in my understanding, it works just the same, the difference only is, the program do the work, in other words, its automatic, while the original one (the main topic of this thread) is manual, and there risk involve. am i right? i just want to understand it well before i go into battle..
    Everything u said is correct! Daemon Tool is ur safest solution and 'sysclean' or 'sysclean pro' will remove ur language packs & extra files automatically.

'sysclean' removes every language but English & Japanese (for Emojis), otherwise, you can use 'sysclean pro' to choose what languages u want to keep and remove. Both of these require MobileTerminal to use them...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

zeneleven (08-29-2012)

Everything u said is correct! Daemon Tool is ur safest solution and 'sysclean' or 'sysclean pro' will remove ur language packs & extra files automatically.

'sysclean' removes every language but English & Japanese (for Emojis), otherwise, you can use 'sysclean pro' to choose what languages u want to keep and remove. Both of these require MobileTerminal to use them...
    -where can i get those, Daemon Tool, Sysclean and the MobileTerminal?
    -everything in Cydia? are those for FREE?
    -where repository can get those?
    -what would be the "how-to"?
    -all of them, i just need to get from cydia, and then install, and then, run the application? or its more complicated than what im thinking.
    Can you help me, please. Thanks in advance

Thanks

I cannot tell you the name of the repo(s) on MMI but if you Google the tweak name, you'll find a repo. MobileTerminal is already in Cydia

Daemon Tool is automatic so all you have to do is install it and reboot your phone

Sysclean will use MobileTerminal

Open MobileTerminal
    Your username is: su
    Password is: alpine (assuming you haven't changed it)

Then, type: sysclean
    It might ask some questions so answer those and you'll be good to go!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

zeneleven (08-29-2012)

I cannot tell you the name of the repo(s) on MMI but if you Google the tweak name, you'll find a repo. MobileTerminal is already in Cydia

Daemon Tool is automatic so all you have to do is install it and reboot your phone

Sysclean will use MobileTerminal

Open MobileTerminal
    Your username is: su
    Password is: alpine (assuming you haven't changed it)

Then, type: sysclean
    It might ask some questions so answer those and you'll be good to go!
    sounds easy.. so Daemon tool first.. then install sysclean.. then install mobileterminal.. i will type "sysclean" while in "mobileterminal"? but sysclean must be installed first, right?

if i will not be using the default username and password, will it get complicated? will there will be a problem if i will use the default one?

i think i know the repository that i need.. i think i seen it in your earlier post, the hint.. and i have it installed already thanks mate..

EDIT: i did it mate.. but it seems nothing change in RAM anyways, thanks for the replys
    Last edited by zeneleven; 08-29-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: ADDED

Thanks

sounds easy.. so Daemon tool first.. then install sysclean.. then install mobileterminal.. i will type "sysclean" while in "mobileterminal"? but sysclean must be installed first, right?

if i will not be using the default username and password, will it get complicated? will there will be a problem if i will use the default one?

i think i know the repository that i need.. i think i seen it in your earlier post, the hint.. and i have it installed already thanks mate..

EDIT: i did it mate.. but it seems nothing change in RAM anyways, thanks for the replys
    Glad u got it working! You are correct, though...this won't increase your RAM significantly. On older devices it used to be great but the processors handle things better nowadays.

Glad u got it working! You are correct, though...this won't increase your RAM significantly. On older devices it used to be great but the processors handle things better nowadays.
    But the good things is, when rebooting, even i have truxe theme, opening is now faster, not like before, rebooting is hard... i also use Clean Up Crap (CUC)... im wondering about the difference of CUC to iCLEANER?

Btw, does sysclean is one time only? what about daemon tool? CUC? because they have akready deleted files, right? theres no need for them, right?

Thanks

But the good things is, when rebooting, even i have truxe theme, opening is now faster, not like before, rebooting is hard... i also use Clean Up Crap (CUC)... im wondering about the difference of CUC to iCLEANER?

Btw, does sysclean is one time only? what about daemon tool? CUC? because they have akready deleted files, right? theres no need for them, right?

Daemon tool is a one time thing.
    Sysclean and CUC will need to be rerun occasionally when a major Cydia update comes out (eg. Winterboard) since those types of updates reinstall files to accommodate many different languages, etc.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

zeneleven (08-29-2012)

Daemon tool is a one time thing.
    Sysclean and CUC will need to be rerun occasionally when a major Cydia update comes out (eg. Winterboard) since those types of updates reinstall files to accommodate many different languages, etc.
    ok. understood. thank you so much mate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry for ask a dumb question, but is this method to increase RAM still work on iOS 5.1 or later? And can I just simply erase the unnecessary Launch Daemon from iFile on my iPhone? Will it work??

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast