Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons

Location is turned off.
    No bootloops after removing com.apple.apsd.plist.

BTW have anyone tried Firewall IP? Can it block internet activity of embedded apple programs and services in iOS?

I really need help. I followed directions in the post and made a backup. I proceeded to delete the daemons listed in the first list. I go to safari, it freezes for about 30 sec, and crashes. I then remove the newly edited daemon folder and replace it with the backup. I reboot, and springboard crashes. I respring, try safari again, and it's still not working.
    oh, I'm running 4.3.3 on a 4th gen. appreciate any help!

May be something wrong with access rights (CHMOD) on the files & folders?

Try safari in safe mode.

hallelujah! I can confirm this optimization works on the iPad 1 - MobileMe galleries like this one are able to load for me now:

MobileMe Gallery

thanks!

Wait, what?? your post was ind of a gravedig...
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

Green Apple
    Thanks

150+ mb free does that seem right i have a iphone 4 on 5.0.1 and that what it seems like i got
    iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 JB

Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Hall View Post
    150+ mb free does that seem right i have a iphone 4 on 5.0.1 and that what it seems like i got
    I haven't tried on iOS 5.0.1 yet. When I was in 4.x, though, I was getting 350MB on average. Highest I ever had was 425MB then the phone would become unstable. 150MB is waaaay too low!!!

On my old 3GS I was getting 145-155MB on average so there's definitely something else hogging up your RAM

Thanks

I am on a 4 running 4.1 and have 340 MB. Goes down to 250 when i got a lot of junk in the trunk, but a double tap on the home button, and a swipe for SSB and i am back at 350 to 365. Highest I have ever had was 372.
    Last edited by unklbyl; 01-19-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    unklbyl

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    I am on a 4 running 4.1 and have 340 MB. Goes down to 250 when i got a lot of junk in the trunk, but a double tap on the home button, and a swipe for SSB and i am back at 350 to 365. Highest I have ever had was 372.
    I had an iPod 4G at 200MB once. And I would jailbreak my 4S if my mom didn't get AppleCare.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhsjaagshs View Post
    I had an iPod 4G at 200MB once. And I would jailbreak my 4S if my mom didn't get AppleCare.
    Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure You can restore your phone before sending it into apple care.. I would t see why the 4s would be different...

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    This along with removing the unneeded language packs makes for a super quick phone
    Sorry about a 3 year late reply but how can I do this automatically without doing it manually? I have WinSCP, FileZilla and Putty currently installed on my computer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post
    Sorry about a 3 year late reply but how can I do this automatically without doing it manually? I have WinSCP, FileZilla and Putty currently installed on my computer.
    There's this insane repo that you need to find that has a tweak called 'sysclean.'. This will do it automatically. You'll also need to get 'MobileTerminal 520-1' to run sysclean.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

elementalgodz11 (01-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    There's this insane repo that you need to find that has a tweak called 'sysclean.'. This will do it automatically. You'll also need to get 'MobileTerminal 520-1' to run sysclean.
    Could I remove those tweaks after installing and still have the files deleted?

EDIT: Never mind got it working. Thanks thazsar
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 01-27-2012 at 10:58 AM.

i maybe increased my boot-up time by only 3 secs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    i maybe increased my boot-up time by only 3 secs
    This really isn't meant to increase boot-time & w/ the ip4 & ip4S...you're not going to really notice an increase in speed...only RAM 'number' increase. You might also try getting a tweak called 'daemon tool iOS 5' to increase RAM!

Interesting to read some of the RAM numbers you guys are having on a steady basis. I have very minimal tweaks installed and almost no theming at all. I can get about 350 when I run a process killer RAM freeing app, but my phone is steadily around 150-200 mb if I let it go for some time. I have removed language packs and disabled the safe launch daemons. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this or what could be done?

iPhone 4 on 5.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
    Interesting to read some of the RAM numbers you guys are having on a steady basis. I have very minimal tweaks installed and almost no theming at all. I can get about 350 when I run a process killer RAM freeing app, but my phone is steadily around 150-200 mb if I let it go for some time. I have removed language packs and disabled the safe launch daemons. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this or what could be done?

iPhone 4 on 5.0.1
    I'll tell you that iOS 5.0.1 has decreased the RAM tremendously!!! Your numbers look right compared to my ip4S. I get about the same as you, now

I figured as much. I don't notice any real lag on the phone so it's no big deal I suppose.

can you name the repo?

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast