+ Reply
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My iPhone 3GS I am using now has been optimized for speed. I only have 50 LaunchDameons on my phone as of right now. I replaced N88AP.plist with M86AP.plist to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

My iPhone 3GS I am using now has been optimized for speed. I only have 50 LaunchDameons on my phone as of right now. I replaced N88AP.plist with M86AP.plist to get rid of all the unnecessary features I don't use. I modified celestial.framework's AVCapture properties to get me a good 30 to 15 fps in Camera.app. With all these improvements, my iPhone has never felt smoother.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy159 View Post
    My iPhone 3GS I am using now has been optimized for speed. I only have 50 LaunchDameons on my phone as of right now. I replaced N88AP.plist with M86AP.plist to get rid of all the unnecessary features I don't use. I modified celestial.framework's AVCapture properties to get me a good 30 to 15 fps in Camera.app. With all these improvements, my iPhone has never felt smoother.
    what does the N88AP.plist do anyways? would it work for a 3g?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    what does the N88AP.plist do anyways? would it work for a 3g?
    It defines a list of hardware capabilities for the phone. N88AP.plist is for the 3GS and can not be used on the 3G
    Last edited by Mes; 12-27-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    I defines a list of hardware capabilities for the phone. N88AP.plist is for the 3GS and can not be used on the 3G
    Well a few features from N88AP can be injected into the N86AP. Wouldn't really recommend enabling the features, thou, as they are not fully supported. (and let's face it, they are disabled for a reason -- performance would really suck)
    Last edited by thatoneguy159; 12-27-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    It defines a list of hardware capabilities for the phone. N88AP.plist is for the 3GS and can not be used on the 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy159 View Post
    Well a few features from N88AP can be injected into the N86AP. Wouldn't really recommend enabling the features, thou, as they are not fully supported. (and let's face it, they are disabled for a reason -- performance would really suck)
    There's got to be something we change in the 3g to make it snappier. The loading sucks!!!! on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So will this make any difference to the iPhone 4? I'm currently getting around 340-370mb free according to my sbsettings dropdown. Is that good as it is?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any thing will make a difference... it may not be evident now.. but you'll be glad when you removed that daemon to provide more free ram.

Thanks

Removed the safe daemons (not seeing a difference in speed so far) but now want to move on to deleting language packs. How do I go about finding them in ifile?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Removed the safe daemons (not seeing a difference in speed so far) but now want to move on to deleting language packs. How do I go about finding them in ifile?
    All-in-tool is ur safest bet. Doing it manually takes FOREVER and can brick ur phone. Google 'language pack deleter' and you'll find the tool

Thanks

BTW, u prolly won't see a big difference by deleting these on an ip4....I personally haven't.

Thanks

I have a 3g ios 4.1 and currently i'm at:
    191 mb / 4912 mb on /var
    avail mem: ave 54

I want the programs to load faster. I'm not a programmer yet but it seems that is trying to read/look for something before it loads it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    All-in-tool is ur safest bet. Doing it manually takes FOREVER and can brick ur phone. Google 'language pack deleter' and you'll find the tool
    Yeah, wish I was told that beforehand! haha. Turns out it's easy to get carried away deleting stuff in ifile! Didn't quite brick my phone did somehow screw up my inter-net connectivity. Had to full restore so alls good now though.

Thanks

Yeah, wish I was told that beforehand! haha. Turns out it's easy to get carried away deleting stuff in ifile! Didn't quite brick my phone did somehow screw up my inter-net connectivity. Had to full restore so alls good now though.
    That sux but I feel ur pain! I bricked mine the first time!!!

Thanks

That sux but I feel ur pain! I bricked mine the first time!!!
    I think what went wrong for me was deleting useless (or so i thought) carrier bundles. You know, like all the American, Canadian and European bundles I'd never use that could free up a good bit of RAM. Kept the UK ones though so don't know how I botched it.

So, these language packs, mate, how do I find them in ifile? I'd do the auto delete programme you suggested but I don't feel confident enough to do a full SSH or whatever it is. I'm not the most computer literate person in the world. Cheers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdys_1991 View Post
    com.apple.ReportCrash.(Different Things).plist - There are 5 of these daemons, and they collect data about what caused a crash, what programs were running at the time, etc.
    When I looked at the SSH of my phone there were I believe either 6 or 6 of these files.

I'm on 3G running 4.1
    Right now it is capping at 49 MB which is already quite a bit more (before it would usually cap at 36 or so)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinymech View Post
    When I looked at the SSH of my phone there were I believe either 6 or 6 of these files.

I'm on 3G running 4.1
    Right now it is capping at 49 MB which is already quite a bit more (before it would usually cap at 36 or so)
    On my wifes 3G (pre 4.x) I was capping at 61-63MB w/ WB, Proswitcher, Quickreply, CategoriesSB, and more.

I still think 4.x is stealing RAM somehow even if someone were using a stripped-down, jailbroken 3G.

Thanks

Nice one. Will do, man. Cheers.
    Did u email me? If so, I never got it...

Thanks

On my wifes 3G (pre 4.x) I was capping at 61-63MB w/ WB, Proswitcher, Quickreply, CategoriesSB, and more.

I still think 4.x is stealing RAM somehow even if someone were using a stripped-down, jailbroken 3G.

I agree with you thazsar!!!
    something in the ios 4.x (.1 and higher) is stealing or trying to look for something that the iphone 4 has that the 3g/3gs doesn't.

somebody needs to strip ios 4.x and see what in there the 3g/3gs doesn't need.