+ Reply
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Considering the address you provided doesnt show up... There is a reason why he said to PM, not that its a big secret. Youre kind of mean...he is just trying
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Considering the address you provided doesnt show up... There is a reason why he said to PM, not that its a big secret. Youre kind of mean...he is just trying to be helpful.

Anyway...the repo to get it from is insanelyiph0ne.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Considering the address you provided doesnt show up... There is a reason why he said to PM, not that its a big secret. Youre kind of mean...he is just trying to be helpful.

Anyway...the repo to get it from is insanelyiph0ne.

Well I did not mean to come off like that and if I did aim sorry! but I hate when(SOME) people trying keeping stuff secret like they have someone over someone thatís all!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lols this DISABLEDAEMON CANNOT be used on IOS4 ipodtouch2gen

i've tried it

unable to reboot

can anyone please create a guide or smthing for DELETING DAEMONS FOR ios4

thanks =D

Thanks
    Thanked 2,191 Times in 980 Posts

I wasn't trying to keep it a secret, I've gotten in trouble for posting repo sources before so I was just trying to play it safe. Just wanted to help ( although it sounds like it doesn't work for iOS 4) and not get into trouble from ModMyi. Sorry invoke94 

To redeem myself, I do know this works on iOS4!!! The short time I had iOS4, i used iFile to edit this file to stop Cydia advertisements from showing up when I wanted to look at an app...hence, speeding up the process for looking at apps!

-Go to Applications/Cydia.app/package.js
    -Use your finder (magnifying glass) and type var depict
    -You will see a line that says var depiction = package.depiction (or something like that)
    -Highlight package.depiction and then Touch EDIT (upper left corner)
    -Replace package.depiction with the word null
    -Press SAVE (upper right corner)
    -Respring and try out Cydia by looking at an app (load time is almost obsolete!)

FYI - Doing this might remove the PURCHASE option for an App so that might be a downside for some of you. I prefer the speed so it doesn't bother me!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-28-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

invoke94 (06-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I wasn't trying to keep it a secret, I've gotten in trouble for posting repo sources before so I was just trying to play it safe. Just wanted to help ( although it sounds like it doesn't work for iOS 4) and not get into trouble from ModMyi. Sorry invoke94 

To redeem myself, I do know this works on iOS4!!! The short time I had iOS4, i used iFile to edit this file to stop Cydia advertisements from showing up when I wanted to look at an app...hence, speeding up the process for looking at apps!

-Go to Applications/Cydia.app/package.js
    -Use your finder (magnifying glass) and type var depict
    -You will see a line that says var depiction = package.depiction (or something like that)
    -Highlight package.depiction and then Touch EDIT (upper left corner)
    -Replace package.depiction with the word null
    -Press SAVE (upper right corner)
    -Respring and try out Cydia by looking at an app (load time is almost obsolete!)

heya thanks! well i have found from xsellize a complete guide for ios4 hey it really works! hmm heres the link

http://*************/topic/52908-spe...aunch-daemons/

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm in trouble!

I deleted files in the iPhone that I shouldn't really have, like language packs and din't back any of it up because I assumed that once I do a iPhone firmware restore all of it would be back,

but it's not.

what can i do?!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to djmalice For This Useful Post:

blooh (07-26-2010)

Thanks

Try to Restore again. Restoring wipes ur phone clean and puts it back to new. I assume ur using an original FW for the restore and not an edited, custom FW. Let us know after u restore again.

You might need to download another copy of the FW and try using that to Restore (Shift/Option + Restore). What OS were u running and what OS r u Restoring to?

Also, did u delete the files yourself or did u use the all-in-one tool? If you don't know what tool I'm talking about, then PM me so I can send u the link. I tried deleting them myself one time and crashed my phone! The all-in-one tool takes about 5 min and is a simple interface. I've gotten in trouble before for posting the link and name on ModMyi that's why I suggest you PM me.

*You can email me instead of sending me a PM. [email protected]
    ModMyi is blocking the links, even in a PM!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-30-2010 at 08:05 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

blooh (07-26-2010), djmalice (07-01-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks thazsar, have messaged you

Thanks

djmalice,
    BTW, did you get Restored yet?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

djmalice (07-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just today I am finding that every time I press the home button, my iPhone resprings.
    The only thing that I installed then deleted today was bosspaper.
    Could it be a daemon from bosspaper that is still running? If so which one would I delete?

Thanks.

Thanks

@belle67
    Sounds stupid but do u have Activator installed? If so, check the ANYWHERE tab, then HOME BUTTON-Single Press and look to see if RESPRING is chosen. Deselect if it is chosen. It's a long shot but worth a look! Other than that, I have no idea... Sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the help but when I went in there was nothing checked. I did a reset to default settings anyway and no luck I'm afraid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Internet problems
    I tried doing this and first off I didn't touch com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist but after I rebooted my ipod went straight into safe mode so I restarted the springboard and got out of it. But it turns out I couldn't connect to the internet but I was connected to my router and my laptop can still get internet through it. So it turns out I cant SSH into it and I cant use iFunBox(which is kinda weird seeing as it uses the usb cable). but luckily i have iFile and I stored the backup of LaunchDaemons on my device so I restored it from iFile. I rebooted and behold! me problem wasn't fixed......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do u make sure the permissions are set to 755? mental block

Thanks

Using iFile, press the Blue Button/Arrow to the right of the file name. Scroll down to Access Permissions.
    Change:
    USER: read, write, execute
    GROUP: read, execute
    WORLD: execute

that's it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

there needs to be a new thread about this but for iOS 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

so is this better to do this or install supercharged whats the difference

Thanks

I, personally, have never heard of Supercharged but I googled it and it claims to be a lot faster than just removing daemons and Lang packs. I'm gonna try it on my wifes 3G to see what the increase will be....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I, personally, have never heard of Supercharged but I googled it and it claims to be a lot faster than just removing daemons and Lang packs. I'm gonna try it on my wifes 3G to see what the increase will be....
    i saw it on macciti

Thanks

-------------------------------------------
    Okay, I installed Supercharged and it does increase RAM by a whole lot!!!

Before I installed, I ended all my processes and had 55MB of RAM.
    *NOTE: I have daemons disabled and Lang packs removed.
    My wifes phone consistently runs between 40-50MB at all times. The highest I have seen on her phone is 71MB.

With Supercharged, after I resprung, ended all processes and freed memory in SBSettings, it jumped to 81MB!!!

As of now, I have App Store and FireDrop multitasking and I'm still getting 78-79MB.

Here's the catch, though, it seems that you have to Free Up Memory in SBSettings to get these speed rates. If I only respring/reboot, I'm back to the 45ish MB speed I usually get. If I run an app, it obviously decreases a bit.

It would be nice if Supercharged would increase RAM without manually having to free it up.

I'm going to do an Official reboot and let the phone sit to see if RAM eventually increases on it's own. I'll let you all know my findings.

Anyways, that's my quick review. If anyone else has some pointers or info about this, let us know.

**UPDATE 1**
    As suspected, Supercharged needs to be manually activated.

I left the phone charging all night after a reboot. This morning, I checked the RAM and it was 42MB. Without killing any processes, I freed up memory.....the phone froze!

I rebooted....didn't kill processes, freed up memory, and got 84MB!!!! That's my findings...

**UPDATE 2**
    My wife has used the phone all day as normal. I have sporadically checked it and the RAM has decreased significantly. First time I checked (around noonish) it was at 55MB. Next time I checked (around 7pm) it was at 42MB. I know my wife doesn't use Proswitcher too often so nothing is multitasking. I'm going to assume Supercharged is not as great as I hoped for.

If there is anybody else with personal experience, let us know what u get.
    Last edited by thazsar; 07-26-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost