+ Reply
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Yeah, I'd keep any daemons I use loaded. Myself, I leave syslog and aslmanager running. I'm watching syslog right now because of all the BTServer issues (it often gets stuck
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, I'd keep any daemons I use loaded. Myself, I leave syslog and aslmanager running. I'm watching syslog right now because of all the BTServer issues (it often gets stuck in a reload loop). Not really sure what aslmanager does, but it /looks/ important.

How do you use Crash Reporter on your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Gr8 topic
    results in a faster operating system, but realy concider some things you wont probably not be able to revert it sce you probaly wont have your pc with you when you need your deleted push daemon for example

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDriftKing View Post
    Gr8 topic
    results in a faster operating system, but realy concider some things you wont probably not be able to revert it sce you probaly wont have your pc with you when you need your deleted push daemon for example
    Yes, this is why you DON'T DELETE THE PLISTS, just disable them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dissabling is safer :-) and easyer for a lot of people, but arent there some services that activate them automaticly again when they need it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well once in while I check and find some logs there which help the dev's to solve the problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDriftKing View Post
    Dissabling is safer :-) and easyer for a lot of people, but arent there some services that activate them automaticly again when they need it?
    I doubt it. I haven't found any, anyway.

Thanks

So deleting language packs also speeds things up?
    Last edited by uneakue; 05-28-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: mistake

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

deleting language packs you don't use is a must

Thanks

There is so much confusion here. I easily deleted my unneeded launch demons, now I want to take off all the unused language packs. I put the commands into winscp, but it gives me a syntax error and token error every time. Can someone post some clear instructions?

Thanks

When do you guys think we will see an updated version of this for 4.0? Because I noticed there are a TON of new Plists. And 4.0 does run a bit slower than 3.x... But that's probably because Terminal doesn't work so I can't delete language packs :P
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

Thanks
    Ok I have a question and it might seem like a dumb one but here goes I did delete all of the langue packs besides English and jap.

But was going to delete all of the Safe Daemons that are on this list and still might but I did find there is something inside of cydia called (Disable Daemons 1.0)

Is this is good as deleting them off the phone completely all together? Will I gain anything from where I am now?

Just to note so far I have download and using that program from cydia and the most I have ever seen was 180 but usually it is at 167-175.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons-015.png  

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXrkidXx View Post
    When do you guys think we will see an updated version of this for 4.0? Because I noticed there are a TON of new Plists. And 4.0 does run a bit slower than 3.x... But that's probably because Terminal doesn't work so I can't delete language packs :P
    Terminal app from cydia doesn't run on it yet but you can still SSH to root with Terminal on Mac or you can use WinSCP and use their terminal option to run commands on it. There are a ton more lprojs and a ton of daemons, was hopin someone felt like being a guinea pig already but i guess not lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone thought about making an APP for this? something simple like "check box to remove all language packs EXCEPT.."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this compatible with iOS 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone redwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Longi94 View Post
    yes. i removed all of the Safe-List daemons.. plus some others... working fine
    iOS4 on iPhone 3G
    ModMy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Longi94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redwolf View Post
    yes. i removed all of the Safe-List daemons.. plus some others... working fine
    iOS4 on iPhone 3G
    Yeah me too, removed all safe ones a few optional ones and all fine here on iOS4 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickp25 View Post
    Yeah me too, removed all safe ones a few optional ones and all fine here on iOS4 3G.
    i'm deleting the safe launch daemons and afew optional for my ipodtouch2gen on OS4.0

however i am unable to boot up upon restart

can u please list the safe daemons for os4.0 as i notice that they are slightly different from those posted in this foroum which was maining for os 3.0

thanks

haha i was a "guinie pig" tried 5 times restore 5 times jailbreak 5 times...

lols
    Last edited by invoke94; 06-26-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 932 Posts

There is an app for removing Daemons via a repo. Google 'Disable Daemons' and it should be the third link on the list. The repo starts with an 'X'. You can PM me if you want the official repo address.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    There is an app for removing Daemons via a repo. Google 'Disable Daemons' and it should be the third link on the list. The repo starts with an 'X'. You can PM me if you want the official repo address.
    does it work for os4?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post

Your too funny man why would you act like it’s a big secret!?? you can get it right off of cydia repo to add is at the bottom of this page and look for(Disable Daemons)i all ready add this repo in another post all ready!

Cydia. xsellize .com/
    Last edited by Shalom96; 06-27-2010 at 06:59 AM.