Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable MMS on iPhone 2g EVEN WITH iSpazio DOWN!!!

AJMCTAGGART
    Default Enable MMS on iPhone 2g EVEN WITH iSpazio DOWN!!!
    Hey everyone,

I don't post much, but you guys are my resource for hacking many, many iPhones now.

I just wanted to pass along how to enable mms on 2g natively without iSpazio.

I don't mess with repos that allow warez or that don't come as approved in Cydia by Jay...Therefore to me, using sinful or alpden is just retarded...Jay goes through a process to allow a repo, and then we are going to cry when Cydia or our iPhone is broken.

That said, if you need mms on your 2g iPhone, iSpazio is down and has been down for a week or more.

You can do it the "old school," way- the way before solutions such as Debian's apt on the iPhone (which is wonderful).

You must have a 2g iPhone on 3.0 or 3.0.1 NOT INTENDED FOR 3G OR 3GS OR EARLIER OS VERSIONS

Download mms2g.deb from 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download mms2g.deb

Make sure you have SSH installed via Cydia on your iPhone.

From another machine, SSH or SFTP into your phone and place ONLY mms2g.deb into /var/root

now from your PC that's SSH'd into your iPhone or from Mobile Terminal (via Cydia)run
    Code:
    dpkg -i mms2g.deb
    Reset Network Settings on the iPhone from Settings-->General-->Reset-->Reset Network Settings

After reboot, make sure mms settings are in Settings-->General-->Network-->Cellular Data-->MMS

Some Examples:

T-MOBILE:

1. APN:wap.voicestream.com
    2. Username and Password should default or blank
    3. MMSC:http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    4. MMSProxy:216.155.165.50:8080
    5. MMSMaxMessageSize: blank or default
    6. MMSUAProfURL: blank or default

AT&T:

1. APN: wap.cingular
    2. User: [email protected]
    3. Pw: CINGULAR1
    4. MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    5. Proxy: 66.209.11.32

Good Luck!
    Last edited by AJMCTAGGART; 08-25-2009 at 12:22 PM.

i got it last week by adding edit; link is not allowed to resources in cydia, and downloading enable mms for 2g
    restart and use the info you wrote for the settings
    Last edited by blkcadi; 08-26-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 6,043 Posts

iSpazio is back up with a new repo link. There was an update today in Cydia

AJMCTAGGART
    iSpazio is back up! Awesome!

I for one will keep the mms2g.deb files on my local machine, because that's a must have for me and everyone I have to hack for...

Like I said above though, warez and repos that aren't approved or supported by Cydia ARE LAME! We sit here and wait for everyone to release a hack for the latest and greatest release from Apple, then we allow our phones to be compromised with god knows what!

While I was searching for a repo or a fix, I actually saw someone on a different forum say "After installing the Activate mms for 2g, it also installed another package, but I just deleted that one." WHAT THE HELL!

I'm glad iSpaz is rockin again!

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE 3.1.2 FW!

I got it to install the deb file, but then the phone wouldn't boot - stuck at logo screen and had to restore to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJMCTAGGART View Post

now from your PC that's SSH'd into your iPhone or from Mobile Terminal (via Cydia)run
    Code:
    dpkg -i mms2g.deb
    how do you do that part?? I don't understand where you put that code?