+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone restarts every 5 seconds

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i got connected to my iphone through ssh and changed its root password from default 'alpine' to something else (i am on 1.1.4 version and i found out afterwards that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone restarts every 5 seconds
    i got connected to my iphone through ssh and changed its root password from default 'alpine' to something else (i am on 1.1.4 version and i found out afterwards that i shud't have done that). Now my iphone keeps on restarting every 5 seconds. It is practically unusable. I can still connect it through ssh, i changed password back to 'alpine' but it did't help. Let me know how do i recover it back.

Thanks

Have u done a full restore?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

mthakare (08-10-2009)

Thanks

Do a full restore in iTunes.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

mthakare (08-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

itunes is not detecting iphone. is there a separate set of steps i need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    Do a full restore in iTunes.
    Finally i was able to do full restore. Now please point me to appropriate steps to jail break iphone. What will be my firmware version?
    Last edited by mthakare; 08-09-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

If you just clicked the restore button then you should be on 3.0.1. If so then you can just use redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak the device. The only issue would be that when redsn0w asks you to browse for a firmware version select the 3.0 firmware file NOT 3.0.1.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

mthakare (08-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    If you just clicked the restore button then you should be on 3.0.1. If so then you can just use redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak the device. The only issue would be that when redsn0w asks you to browse for a firmware version select the 3.0 firmware file NOT 3.0.1.
    i downloaded redsn0w 8.0, when i ran it, it asks me ipsw file of current firmware, where can i find these files?

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

They should be in "C:\Documents and Settings\Your-User-Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates" for XP and " C:\Users\Your-User-Name\AppData\Local\Apple\Apple Software Update" in Vista but don't use that since you need to select the 3.0 firmware, not 3.0.1, so just download this onto your desktop and select this.

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 2g 3.0
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

mthakare (08-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    They should be in "C:Documents and SettingsYour-User-NameApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates" for XP and " C:UsersYour-User-NameAppDataLocalAppleApple Software Update" in Vista but don't use that since you need to select the 3.0 firmware, not 3.0.1, so just download this onto your desktop and select this.

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - iPhone 2g 3.0
    Well downloaded 3.0 ipsw and i tried redsn0w 7.2 and 8.0, but it fails to recognize 3.0 ipsw file. Any solution to this issue?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

is ur phone first restored to 3.0.1? you need to first restore it to 3.0.1 (go into dfu mode if u cant restore [hold home+power button till screen goes black then let go of power but continue holding home]) then run redsn0w 0.8 and select the 3.0 firmware (iPhoneX,X_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw [NOTE: X,X refers to the phone model since I dont know what ur phone model is: 1,1 or 1,2 or 2,1])
    then after selecting it just follow redsnow from there!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mkblade For This Useful Post:

mthakare (08-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, little progress. I got new .ipsw file (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw) and it was recognized by redsn0w 8.0. But at one step where iphone is supposed to restart, it never does. redsn0w waits infinitely for it? Any thing I missed here?

Quote Originally Posted by mthakare View Post
    Ok, little progress. I got new .ipsw file (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw) and it was recognized by redsn0w 8.0. But at one step where iphone is supposed to restart, it never does. redsn0w waits infinitely for it? Any thing I missed here?
    I guess i gave wrong file to redsn0w...
    Mine is old 2g phone i think iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw is a right file. Any confirmations?
    Last edited by mthakare; 08-10-2009 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea you need tht IPSW =)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadline For This Useful Post:

mthakare (08-10-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    yea you need tht IPSW =)
    Ok great, that means there is still hope...

Will keep you guys updated on this. Lots of thanks for everyone woh contributed on this. Will send individual thanks (by clicking thanks button) when i am done with this.

Big thank you to all of you!!! I got my iphone back to life. redsn0w team rocks. After giving right ipsw file it worked like "hot knife piercing butter"

I now have to restore my contact list which i never "backedup". Here is the thread i have strted for that. It will be great to see you guys there

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...ml#post4905384

Again big thank you to all!
    Last edited by mthakare; 08-10-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost