Page 1 of 68 123 11 51 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

Angry [Canceled] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G
    Hey guys,
    I and other people are trying to get voice control to work on the iPhone 3G.
    This thread is just for the serious developers who know what they do.

This thread will only contains Voice-Control Development no other stuff.

All the Files you'll need.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (Files updates as of : 18-8-09)
    PLACE THEM IN THE FOLDER THEY RELATE TO !!!!!! DONT COPY THE SPRINGBOARD.APP FOLDER!!!(CoreServices) JUST THE M68AP.PLIST + LANGUAGE FOLDERS!!

Thanks and Goodluck = )
    Josh
    Last edited by Coentje44; 09-14-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Edit some important things

Default Who ?
    Hey, Can you say me, who i Change the "ARM9" to "ARM6" ??? THX

and, who can i edit the vot.file ??? on Windows ??? Or Can you Upload your Customized VOT File ???

Are You From Germany ??? i hope this i come from there. :-)
    Last edited by karesake; 07-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karesake View Post
    Hey, Can you say me, who i Change the "ARM9" to "ARM6" ??? THX

and, who can i edit the vot.file ??? on Windows ??? Or Can you Upload your Customized VOT File ???

Are You From Germany ??? i hope this i come from there. :-)
    Hey,
    First i need to figure it out myself
    I will update this thread once i found some interesting stuff..
    And nope im not from Germany

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

dont forget to add the boolean key to enable voice control! you need to add
    <key>voice-control</key>
    <true/>
    to your m86ap.plist.

Okay now we need this File

com.apple.voiceover.enabled.launchd

Thats the last Voice Control File ...

AND, i cant find any ARM9 or ARM6 Text in the VOT File :-(
    Last edited by karesake; 07-22-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks

i got the file! http://filebin.ca/zvwspz/com.apple.v...er.enabled.rar
    good luck people!

Lol thanks !
    Now the only thing that we hvae to do is change the CPU type to 6 instead of 9 (i guess)
    Last edited by Coentje44; 07-22-2009 at 01:18 PM.

@ Coentje44

I have Search for the ARM9 in the VOT.file but i cant find it.
    When You can find it and Customize the VOT.file Please Upload it and give us the Link :-) THX

so hows ti going with it, any prgress

come on guysD

Thanks

have patience guys! this wont happen overnight! (well it could but you know what i mean :P)

Might I make a suggestion maybe you could wright a program that tricks the phone into thinking it's using arm 9 using the same kind of thing they used when they made voip over 3g then all u would need to do is bundle it put it up on a repo then bundle the required files to make it work from the 3gs firmware and ad them to a cydia repo aswell or I supose you could bundle it all together I hope I have provided some food for thought I think It could be a little more simple then trying to find the "arm" number inside the program itself if it's even in the program or it releies on another part if the firmware to tell it the arm arch
    cheers
    SETKEH

yeah that could work, but we need to get this working, where almost threre

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by setkeh View Post
    Might I make a suggestion maybe you could wright a program that tricks the phone into thinking it's using arm 9 using the same kind of thing they used when they made voip over 3g then all u would need to do is bundle it put it up on a repo then bundle the required files to make it work from the 3gs firmware and ad them to a cydia repo aswell or I supose you could bundle it all together I hope I have provided some food for thought I think It could be a little more simple then trying to find the "arm" number inside the program itself if it's even in the program or it releies on another part if the firmware to tell it the arm arch
    cheers
    SETKEH
    That has a major flaw with all of the other native apps the iphone already has. they are programmed to run at arm6, and if you fake it out, they will crash due to an invalid cpu type.

Could someone upload required files? And could someojne explain me, we're still can't use VoiceControl on 3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Here you go 3GS File system
    Zip 1
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/2zxzmd
    Zip2
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/5qaoch
    Unzip and go have fun (Don't forget to hit Thanks)

Good luck!

This entire iPhone 3G S File System is courtesy "weissy" from xSellize forums. Everything you are looking for is within these files. Good luck!
    Last edited by Burner911; 07-29-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Unworking links

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burner911 For This Useful Post:

cf125 (08-18-2009), deathbybunnies6 (09-18-2009), Denis_crossbow (07-30-2009), jdriessen (10-07-2009)

I don't think that faking out arm 9 will affect the native iPhone apps because the 3gs uses the exact native apps the only reason I can think of apple putting and arm type restriction on the voice controll app is to try and stop all us awesome people from just copying and pasting the files and try and make porting at minimum a difficult process but if it boils down to the thin edge of the wedge I'm sure there's some smart cookie that will patch the files needed for VOT

I was able to get the Nike + app working perfectly on my 3G (non-s) and have most of the preference bundles loaded up (no content to them yet, but that's easy). I got around the "bad cpu type" error by snagging the binary from the iPod Touch second gen firmware. (arm6) so no need to mess with the VOT file.

As I do not own a Touch, I don't even know if Voice Control is resident but just inactive as with the Nike + app. If it is, then just snag that binary, replace it into the .app package, check permissions and yatzee.

If not, then I've been working on the 'long' way around. If someone could tell me if the Touch 3.0 filesystem contains the binary, I'll go ahead and decrypt the .dmg and yank it out. Just don't want to re-invent the wheel.

will keep evry1 posted on progress.

Cheers,

cdrone

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

which binary did u take from the Touch in terms with the Nike+ app...?

I took the entire Nike.app package which includes the binary

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...31956&act=down
    Last edited by consultadrone; 07-30-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to consultadrone For This Useful Post:

mkblade (08-04-2009)

Page 1 of 68 123 11 51 ... LastLast