Closed Thread
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Project] Enable Voice Control on iPhone 3G

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I Want also test it -.-
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I Want also test it -.-

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I remeber saying earlier in another thread, that both accessibility & voice control correlate with each other, meaning it would be best to enable both these features...

if would like I can give the locations of "accessibility"-based files/folders...?

List
    =====
    System/Library/AccessibilityBundles
    System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AccessibilitySettings.bundle
    System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AXRuntime.framework
    System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/UIAccessibility.framework
    usr/lib/libAccessibility.dylib
    *Adding boolean value of "accessibility" in M68AP.plist and setting to true

Quote Originally Posted by consultadrone View Post
    I've been concentrating on the cpu type issue. Solving that problem will allow any 3Gs app to run on a 3G phone.

And, wouldn't you know it, I have finally solved it. I have been able to get the VoiceOverTouch binary to run natively on the 3G hardware.

Of course. there are a few dyld library calls to sort out, but the big hurdle has been cleared!!

No "Bad CPU type" error!!!!

I guess it's not so impossible after all.....
    Could you actually just post the binary which you edited so we can all have a look at it..!?

Quote Originally Posted by consultadrone View Post
    WOPR:/System/Library/CoreServices/VoiceOverTouch.app root# ./vot
    2009-08-02 06:15:54.150 vot[3918:903] VoiceOverTouch exiting because accessibility is not enabled. To enable do this: 'defaults write com.apple.Accessibility AccessibilityEnabled true'

</snip>

And when I do, the iPhone OS says 'command defaults not found'

Anyone?????

that's the last step then a functioning (definitely going to have bugs to work out), but functioning Voice Control.
    Maybe you need to open terminal and type in:
    defaults write com.apple.Accessibility AccessibilityEnabled -bool TRUE
    Last edited by mkblade; 08-02-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The thought occours that accessabilty is slightly diferent between the two phone and the bad news with that is that means we could possibly have to port thoes over aswell but might not be such a huge deal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any update on this mate?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Alpha or beta? Is it stable?How much RAM (memory) does it use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have apple even upgraded the ram in the 3gs because I never read about them actually doing it and if they haven't then I should not matter how much memory it uses because my mate owns a 3gs and his jailbreak runs very smooth

iPhone? More like MyPhone VirtueDesign's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Please release the files, Keen to test!!!!
    Hey man,

Can you post the files up and show us how to set it up and can you get it to say 'Voice Control' instead of Jibbler.

I honestly do not care much about Video Recording yet, if you can get Voice Control working first thats AWESOME!!

email is:
    [email protected]

Thanks Heaps!

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks

I'm with Chris, we want to try

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Burner911 For This Useful Post:

VirtueDesign (08-09-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not to point out the obviouse but his post states that it's not ready for alpha relese yet your just gonna have to wai like the rest of us

Thanks

Cool Ok, But please hurry.
    Hey Everyone,

Me again. Let me know when the Alpha is released.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 08-03-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Typo etc...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Patience is a virtue and one u need to do this work harrassing the poor bloke is only going to make the process longer if you really want these files just
    download the 3gs filesysyem for yourself and make mod

Green Apple
    Thanks

Impossible is nothing Adidas

Isn't it? =)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Denis_crossbow For This Useful Post:

tomblanchard08 (08-03-2009)

Thanks

Upload plrease yu edited Files :-) ... Let us no Longer wait

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, chill guise!
    Otherwise they'll share some borked code and next thing you'll be complaining that it doesn't work The longer we wait the more likely it'll work when it's on our iPhones.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau Giles For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree, don't harrass, wait it out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Chris, seriously, posting a sequence of messages illustrating this same idea is not going to get him to upload the files any faster. He's the one developing the solution to this absence of voice control on the 3G, and its HIS decision on when to upload it.
    ------------------------------------------------

"Me again. Look, I honestly do not give a damn if it is not up to Alpha stage, upload the files, let me throw it on my iPhone (I've been playing around with iPod Touch's and iPhone's Filesystems and visuals etc since the first iPod Touch came out, so am not that scared to try something risky like this), I got guts, I want these files even if their not fully ready!."

For starters, your impatience is unbelievable. Lets compare this post that I'm quoting, and your previous post that I'm not.

Yesterday, 9:58 PM
    Today, 1:53 AM

In fact, those two entries are actually 2 posts away from eachother in the thread.

"Waiting is something I can do"

Obviously not.

Secondly, "(I've been playing around with iPod Touch's and iPhone's Filesystems and visuals etc since the first iPod Touch came out, so am not that scared to try something risky like this), I got guts, I want these files even if their not fully ready!."

Many of us have been playing with the filesystems of the iPod and iPhone since methods of doing so were released, as have I. Don't think that you are special because of it.

Also, you dont "have guts", as you've stated in the above quotation, just because you're willing to put files in the iPhone that don't originally belong there. Plus, the iPhone is very easily fixed by a restore in DFU mode, get over yourself.

--------------------------------------------------

"when it is soo close to release, that's just unbearable."

That's absolutely terrible logic. Are you also flooding Apple with emails demanding that they give you an early copy of Snow Leopard without being a developer or anything?

Seriously, just wait for them to release it on their own terms. Just because you go on about how "special" and "qualified" you are to simply drag and drop files into your phone via ssh and change a few permissions doesn't make them view you as any sort of "go to guy" for some sort of pre-release.

In short, wait your turn you ignorant, arrogant, douchebag.

Cheers!
    -Eric

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ericapproves For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Pic
    Ive Found an Interessting Picture in the German Google

(Look at the Right 2 icons on top)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ericapproves
    point well made mate nice work. Keep up the good work mate exited to see alpha and work on bug fixes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericapproves View Post
    Chris, seriously, posting a sequence of messages illustrating this same idea is not going to get him to upload the files any faster. He's the one developing the solution to this absence of voice control on the 3G, and its HIS decision on when to upload it.
    ------------------------------------------------

"Me again. Look, I honestly do not give a damn if it is not up to Alpha stage, upload the files, let me throw it on my iPhone (I've been playing around with iPod Touch's and iPhone's Filesystems and visuals etc since the first iPod Touch came out, so am not that scared to try something risky like this), I got guts, I want these files even if their not fully ready!."

For starters, your impatience is unbelievable. Lets compare this post that I'm quoting, and your previous post that I'm not.

Yesterday, 9:58 PM
    Today, 1:53 AM

In fact, those two entries are actually 2 posts away from eachother in the thread.

"Waiting is something I can do"

Obviously not.

Secondly, "(I've been playing around with iPod Touch's and iPhone's Filesystems and visuals etc since the first iPod Touch came out, so am not that scared to try something risky like this), I got guts, I want these files even if their not fully ready!."

Many of us have been playing with the filesystems of the iPod and iPhone since methods of doing so were released, as have I. Don't think that you are special because of it.

Also, you dont "have guts", as you've stated in the above quotation, just because you're willing to put files in the iPhone that don't originally belong there. Plus, the iPhone is very easily fixed by a restore in DFU mode, get over yourself.

--------------------------------------------------

"when it is soo close to release, that's just unbearable."

That's absolutely terrible logic. Are you also flooding Apple with emails demanding that they give you an early copy of Snow Leopard without being a developer or anything?

Seriously, just wait for them to release it on their own terms. Just because you go on about how "special" and "qualified" you are to simply drag and drop files into your phone via ssh and change a few permissions doesn't make them view you as any sort of "go to guy" for some sort of pre-release.

Cheers!
    -Eric
    Hey Eric,

No worries then. Any idea when it is gonna be released?
    Just super excited about its release. I've been waiting ever since this Topic Started, hoping that something like this is released, as I currently have an iPhone 3G, my friend has a 3GS, but its like $1,300 here in NZ to purchase outright without a Contract for the 32GB 3GS.

Thats a bit un-called for, I just wanna have an indication as to when the files will be released, look how far it's gotten so far in time, Well Done mate! I cannot do this sort of work, I'm to be honest a 'User' when it comes to these kinds of Mods.

You don't know me from a Bar of Soap, why don't you just realize how freaking eager people are to get their hands on this stuff.
    Instead of calling one an "Ignorant, Arrogant, Douchebag", I could call you the same, but I don't know you, so I will not.

- Simple Logical Answer = NO.

- Answer: You said it for me, but I do have guts because I honestly am willing to take the risk of putting something on my iPhone that is prior to Alpha, and risk losing my iPhones Data. but who cares, I already have a backup of it, which I can restore which you stated
    Plus, the iPhone is very easily fixed by a restore in DFU mode

No further comments.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by VirtueDesign; 08-03-2009 at 11:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm getting pretty frustrated with this thread. I think its safe to say that most if not everyone really wants him to release his files so we can use Voice Control on non 3GS phones. That said, continually asking him to release it doesn't make him release it faster, it just puts a new post in the thread which makes people like me go to it to see if he posted and released it, only to find its someone asking for him to release it.

Pretty frustrating, it would be nice if the topic was locked until consultadrone released it

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slizekalfer For This Useful Post:

fomoco460 (08-03-2009), phr0 (08-04-2009), VirtueDesign (08-03-2009)