Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing color of Calandar Icon numbers

Default Changing color of Calandar Icon numbers
    I did search and found this thread..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...ate-color.html

But, the info.plist in the location of ../stash/Applications/MobileCal.app/info.plist

It doesn't seem to be the same info.plist they are referring to... if i open the on in that location (the one in the same file as the icon itself) it is just a list of applications?

trying to get it white not black

thanks.

Default Calendar Icon Text Mod
    In your Winterboad theme main folder add the following into your Info.plist file using any text editor (notepad or wordpad will work fine, just be sure to save as .plist)

Example I use in my theme:

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: arial; font-size: 8px; color: white; position:absolute; top:3px</string>

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: courier new; font-size: 34px; color: #500082; text-shadow: #cfcfcf 1px 1px 1px; position:absolute; top:1px</string>

The position attribute is used to adjust the height of where the text appears on the icon. Font style can be changed, but only to fonts installed on the iphone. Obviously size font size can be changed, and font color. In the Date Style section I've also added text-shadow using html color code (#cfcfcf) and the 1px 1px 1px refers to the distances away from the text the shadow will appear.

What might work to suit your needs is just something like this:

<string>color: white;</string>

Here's a screenie
    Last edited by ErnieChiara; 07-18-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ErnieChiara For This Useful Post:

SkyGuy5 (07-24-2009)

By Winterboard themes file you you mean

/private/var/stash/themes.E4Mqf7/mytheme

I don't see a plist in there?

First you have to have Winterboard installed. Then look in Library/Themes/YourTheme (where 'YourTheme' is the main folder of whatever your theme is named). Inside that main theme folder should be an Info.plist file into which you can insert the code above. Just be sure to back up the original just in case.

Thanks for staying with me...

There is no plist in the main theme file, here is whats in there.

.../MyTheme/

Badges (folder)
    Bundles (folder)
    Dock.png
    Folders (folder)
    Icons (folder)
    LockBackground.png
    StatusBar.png
    UIImages (folder)
    UISounds (folder)
    Wallpaper.png

thats it?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,200 Times in 6,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieChiara View Post
    Here's a screenie
    Name or link to this theme please, My best friend would just love it.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-20-2009 at 09:11 PM.

I was digging around for a while for a means to do this.. Thanks LOADS!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is one of the coolest themes I've seen so far! Please, what's the name?

Default Calendar Icon Text Change
    Sugarpill, the theme your'e working on my not have a .plist file in the main theme folder if there were no plist mods done to the theme. In this case, the only theme mods may have been made in the form of image files.

An easy fix would be to go into wordpad or notepad and copy and paste this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>

</dict>
    </plist>

Then save it as Info.plist and drag it into the main folder of the theme.

To everyone else, thanks for the compliments. This is a theme I designed myself since there was nothing out there that I really liked. I haven't submitted it to modmyi yet since I'm still tinkering with it, but here's a link to download it if anyone wants to install it manually. It's called Slick Shelves.

Slick Shelves Winterboard Theme

Enjoy.
    Last edited by ErnieChiara; 07-22-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErnieChiara For This Useful Post:

maggieaco (07-22-2009), sugarpill (07-23-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieChiara View Post
    Sugarpill, the theme your'e working on my not have a .plist file in the main theme folder if there were no plist mods done to the theme. In this case, the only theme mods may have been made in the form of image files.

An easy fix would be to go into wordpad or notepad and copy and paste this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>

</dict>
    </plist>

Then save it as Info.plist and drag it into the main folder of the theme.

To everyone else, thanks for the compliments. This is a theme I designed myself since there was nothing out there that I really liked. I haven't submitted it to modmyi yet since I'm still tinkering with it, but here's a link to download it if anyone wants to install it manually. It's called Slick Shelves.

Slick Shelves Winterboard Theme

Enjoy.
    Hey, thanks for the theme download... But keep tinkering cause that theme really rocks!!! I know I'm not on the right thread. But do you know how to change the file names for the messages background? Cause I have this theme that I like a lot called Winter IV SMS.theme but it doesn't seem to work on my iphone 3GS. Now it reads com.apple.MobileSMS and SMSBackground, I'm pretty sure that change with 3.0 software. Because Text app is now called Messages. Do you know to what it changed?

thanks ErnieChiara, that worked like a charm.. and now i know how to fiddle with it as well.

No problem, sugarpill. Glad to be able to help.

Maggieaco, thanks for the vote of confidence, but unfortunately, I don't know anything about the file names for the messages background. Sorry :-(

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maggieaco View Post
    Hey, thanks for the theme download... But keep tinkering cause that theme really rocks!!! I know I'm not on the right thread. But do you know how to change the file names for the messages background? Cause I have this theme that I like a lot called Winter IV SMS.theme but it doesn't seem to work on my iphone 3GS. Now it reads com.apple.MobileSMS and SMSBackground, I'm pretty sure that change with 3.0 software. Because Text app is now called Messages. Do you know to what it changed?
    you cna't change the messages background in 3.0 but you can change the talk bubbles and the or known as Balloon_1.png and Ballon_2.png the baloon input field (BalloonInputField.png) and the send button SendButton.png SendButtonPressed.png all these would be placed in the yourtheme/Folders/ChatKit.framework

Hey guys, any chance anyone knows how to change the color of the calendar app text WITHOUT winterboard? I've themed my phone by porting directly using ssh transfer protocol. I'd like to avoid using third party apps if possible.