+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need a hand on this, im really lost

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys im trying to relock my iPhone, and from here on out im lost, can anyone help me? Extract the ramdisk as such: dd if=009-7698-4.dmg of=ramdisk.dmg bs=512 skip=4 conv=sync
    Thanks

Default I need a hand on this, im really lost
    Hey guys im trying to relock my iPhone, and from here on out im lost, can anyone help me?

Extract the ramdisk as such: dd if=009-7698-4.dmg of=ramdisk.dmg bs=512 skip=4 conv=sync
    Mount the extracted ramdisk.
    From the ramdisk, copy /usr/local/bin/bbupdater, /usr/local/standalone/firmware/ICE03.14.08_G.eep, and /usr/local/standalone/firmware/ICE03.14.08_G.fls to your iPhone. Place these into a folder on the OS partition (such as /bbupdate) and not into a folder on /var/root. The /var/root partition is set noexec and you cannot run programs from there.
    Disable com.apple.CommCenter.plist--either using UIctl or launchctl: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    On the iPhone, navigate to the folder where you stored bbupdater and the eep and fls files.
    Run bbupdater as such: ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
    Reload comm center: launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

relock? you meant bring your phone back to factory settings?
    if so, just hook up to iTunes..and click RESTORE...let it runs...done.

I see...i guess, you just gonna have to wait for the new updated firmware...not even sure then.

BTW, why would you want to relock your phone?

Thanks

Because the new update will brick unlocked phones, and restore will not work, the unlock is restore proof because it messes with the firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Because the new update will brick unlocked phones, and restore will not work, the unlock is restore proof because it messes with the firmware.

Why you want to upgrade the firmware ? is there a new one ?, what version you have in your phone and what´s the actual firmware ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex5213 View Post
    Why you want to upgrade the firmware ? is there a new one ?, what version you have in your phone and what´s the actual firmware ?
    He wants to re-lock his phone because the new update with wifi itunes that is coming out this week, or supposed to be, will brick unlocked iphones.