+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change boot screen w/ SSH

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does anyone know where I can find the file for the boot screen apple. I have tried a couple different boot changers, but I just want to change the file
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Exclamation Change boot screen w/ SSH
    Does anyone know where I can find the file for the boot screen apple. I have tried a couple different boot changers, but I just want to change the file using SSH. Also it anyone knows how to change the color of the text on the status bar. Thanks for the help.

I found
    \Root\System\Library\CoreServices\SpringBoard.app\ applelogo
    but am not sure if that is it
    Last edited by JJMA; 07-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes.... download some different coolors from this site.... and place them in a folder called( whatever color your using)".theme" and ssh it into winterboard...! this will change your text color.....! works for me when i place it in my theme folder in the same place as my wallpaper and lock background...! hope i helped you....!

Thanks

^^^ huh?
    The boot screen can only be changed by editing the firmware(hense special boot programs), you can't just ssh a file and change it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejohnny View Post
    yes.... download some different coolors from this site.... and place them in a folder called( whatever color your using)".theme" and ssh it into winterboard...! this will change your text color.....! works for me when i place it in my theme folder in the same place as my wallpaper and lock background...! hope i helped you....!
    So Downloaded (Blue Skin by KelvinAlf (123.1 KB)) Looked at it and it has three folders Movieplayerui.framwork---MobileSlideShow.app----MobileMusicPlayer.app
    Is that the way the file was for you? So if I just move in in to the main folder under the theme I have made it should work. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No mine was just a simple Red font download.... placed where i said in where the folders, lockbackground and wallpaper are and it changed my font to red... mind you its only the font on the springboard....!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you're on 3.0 you're going to have to wait until logome or another util like it works.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leijae For This Useful Post:

JJMA (07-14-2009)

Thanks

still no luck on this? cuz I don't see me JB'n to 3.1 any time soon lol

Thanks

Boot Screen = Apple logo when you first turn phone on. Not when you wake it (press the lock button and lockscreen shows up).

Hopefully LogoMe will be updated, as that was a rockin app to change the bootscreen. One used to be able to replace files in quickpwn, and it worked. But Redsn0w is an executable...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix