+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G running 3.0 fw: need to change IMEI

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
can this be done currently? I am jb and UL using pwnagetool and I use tmobile sidekick data plan. I have an at&t plan with my razr phone and want
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 2G running 3.0 fw: need to change IMEI
    can this be done currently? I am jb and UL using pwnagetool and I use tmobile sidekick data plan. I have an at&t plan with my razr phone and want to be able to use that sim in my iphone without them slapping a data plan on that account so I need to change the IMEI. I know you used to be able to do it with ziphone but can it be done in my particular situation? thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

downgrade to 114 and change imei w/ ziphone and unlock.

go (homeofmagic.blogspot.com) and restore using one of these ispw's that are already jailbroken w/o any basehand upgrades ;-)
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Thanks

that sounds good but unfortunately the pre-3.0 basebands are not compatible with 3.0. from what i know there is no way to change an imei... its all about the phone

Thanks

just fyi, you might not get a ton of answers (and i don't know the answer) even if they do, because changing the imei is a federal crime. retarded, yeah, but ppl who do know how might not want to say. i got this info from zibri's blog sometime last year. a commenter mentioned it. zibri was like, well, not in italy. so it may be wrong but considering that each cellphone made has a unique, lifelong imei...it's prob right. one idea: get ifile, go into your files, and see if you can locate the imei...

Thanks

ive used a pre 3.0 basehand on 3.0 w/ the imei changed w/ no issues.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay so let's assume that pre 3.0 basebands are compatible with 3.0, that means that you Could, in fact, download 1.1.4 and patch it then go back up to 3.0 right?

More importantly, does that only work for the 2g iPhone? is there any reason why I couldn't downgrade my 3g or 3gS and do the same thing?

Thanks

only works for 2g due to ziphone. There isnt a way that i know of to change the imei on a 3g or 3gs. I just purchased a new 16gb 2g yesterday and changed the imei to my gophone using the steps i posted. Ive had it changed for at least 1.5 yrs with no issues from att running the mediamax unlim bundle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hmm
    Can someone with more knowledge than myself on the situation clear a little bit of my confusion up?

My understanding is that in order to patch the IMEI you have to have the 02.28.00 or lower baseband and the 3g upgraded to the 02.29 and then to 02.30, now it's at 03 something for the 3Gs

you CAN downgrade the baseband as long as you have an old enough 3G which I do, cuz it has the bootloader 5.8 not 5.9, so in theory shouldn't I be able to downgrade the baseband on my older 3g and then patch the imei??

If that works can't I take the bootloader.. chip? (not sure how that works) from the old 3g and put it in my 3gs?

just curious here, I know I prolly am way off but that's why I'm asking =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    downgrade to 114 and change imei w/ ziphone and unlock.

go (homeofmagic.blogspot.com) and restore using one of these ispw's that are already jailbroken w/o any basehand upgrades ;-)
    Will this still work? I want to use my iphone 2g for voice/text and wifi without any data and not get charged by AT&T...
    Last edited by R.O.T.; 10-13-2009 at 10:10 PM.