Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Icon Locations

Default Custom Icon Locations
    I followed one of the tutorials under the Guides for replacing system icons with custom ones using iPhoneInterface, and putfile'ing all the icon.png's. Anyways, on the iPhone 3G 3.0, I can't get the iPod or Weather icons to change; as well, where are all the extra apps located? Only a FEW are under /Applications. Any help would be appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Use WinterBoard to change your icons. It's far easier. Here is my theme so far: Scoops WinterBoard.zip

In it is a folder called "Icons" that contain my custom PNG icons for my apps. Included are the iPod and Weather icons.

BTW, WInterbOard themes go in: / > Library > Themes. You can also try using iphonebrowser to access the iPhone system files through USB: http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/
    Last edited by Scoops98; 07-07-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Yes, I'm aware I can use winter board, but I can't figure out how. Do I jatdrop allthe pngs into te themes folder, or why?

Thanks

Look at the my zipped theme. I called mine Scoops Winterboard. That goes into the "Themes" folder. In the there is a folder called "Icons." Put your custom PNG icons in there. They have to match the name of the application file, which isn't always the application name. It takes trial and error sometimes. (/ > Library > Themes > Scoops WinterBoard > Icons > iPod.png.)

If you don't have WinterBoard installed, the Themes folder won't be there. Try downloading themes through Cydia of Icy to see how others do it. Feel free to download mine and use what you want.

That has worked, thank you!

Thanks

Awesome!