Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help getting mms working, maybe an odd problem

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Help getting mms working, maybe an odd problem
    I'm really hoping somebody can help with this since this since i have been dying for this feature since day one.

I found out about the Activatemms2g on cydia and got excited, downloaded it, and my excitement got crushed as nothing happened. After the install my phone was completely unchanged. No mms toggle, no way to change apn settings, no camera icon in sms, nothing. Tried reboot many times, tried restoring, rejailbreaking, reinstalling, rebooting... still nothing. Am i doing something wrong? am i missing something? I just want mms!!! and i know i have to get att to activate the feature but shouldnt i see some changes before i do that? Does it need to be unlocked? Also i tried to install change apn from cydia and that doesnt change anything either, i cannot access cellular data settings no matter what

I have a 2g iphone (edge) at&t, running 3.0, jailbroken with redsn0w, att 4.0 carrier file, and i have a legit iphone plan, if you need any other specs let me know

please help

Hi Ryan same thing happened to me... Did you ever get it to work? I also have a 2g on tmobile.. No change in settings either

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don: do a quick search of the forums with "mms 2G 3.0" a few threads will come up that have been working on a solution. Many have gotten it to work so check out those threads. Sorry I couldn't direct link as I'm mobile rigt now -

Good Luck! And if you need any help just PM or email me [email protected]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    don_danapoint, yea i got it to work, i had to upload custom carrier settings, i dont remember exactly where i found the right one but it was a popular site. You should be able to find it with a quick search. Hope this helps

just check your carier setting for mms...check on others phone like nokia or sony. then copy the setting nad put in on the General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network.

For example :

Cellular Data

APN : diginet
    USERNAME : (blank)
    PASSWORD : (blank)

MMS

APN : digimms
    USERNAME : mms
    PASSWORD : mms
    MMSC : mms.digi.com.my/servlets/mms
    MMS PROXY : 203.92.128.160

That it. Just fill it with correct carrier mms setting and u're ready to go! this setting for DiGi Telco (Malaysia). and now i can mms on my iphone 3g. Hope this could help you abit.

btw..u dont need any other program to activate mms.
    Last edited by highrulez; 08-30-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    haha this is what every other post says, our problem (if he has the same as i did) is that you can't access those settings so changing them is impossible. i did a little more research and found the site i used. On your phone navigate to iPhone Zubehr Shop and click mms, then usa, then t-mobile for you. That should work, if not it may have been a random .ipcc i found somewhere on the web. I can try and find that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan0926 View Post
    I'm really hoping somebody can help with this since this since i have been dying for this feature since day one.

I found out about the Activatemms2g on cydia and got excited, downloaded it, and my excitement got crushed as nothing happened. After the install my phone was completely unchanged. No mms toggle, no way to change apn settings, no camera icon in sms, nothing. Tried reboot many times, tried restoring, rejailbreaking, reinstalling, rebooting... still nothing. Am i doing something wrong? am i missing something? I just want mms!!! and i know i have to get att to activate the feature but shouldnt i see some changes before i do that? Does it need to be unlocked? Also i tried to install change apn from cydia and that doesnt change anything either, i cannot access cellular data settings no matter what

I have a 2g iphone (edge) at&t, running 3.0, jailbroken with redsn0w, att 4.0 carrier file, and i have a legit iphone plan, if you need any other specs let me know

please help
    Try this :

Cellular Data

APN : wap.cingular

*I'm not sure what is APN and username are. try search at google.

MMS

APN : wap.cingular
    USERNAME : WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
    PASSWORD : CINGULAR1
    MMSC : http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    MMS PROXY : 066.209.011.032

Quote Originally Posted by ryan0926 View Post
    haha this is what every other post says, our problem (if he has the same as i did) is that you can't access those settings so changing them is impossible. i did a little more research and found the site i used. On your phone navigate to iPhone Zubehr Shop and click mms, then usa, then t-mobile for you. That should work, if not it may have been a random .ipcc i found somewhere on the web. I can try and find that one too.
    what do you mean you can't access those settings?
    Last edited by highrulez; 08-30-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I mean that when you go to network settings there's no way to edit apn settings

install supreme preferences 3.0 from Cydia and you can get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by highrulez View Post
    just check your carier setting for mms...check on others phone like nokia or sony. then copy the setting nad put in on the General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network.

For example :

Cellular Data

APN : diginet

MMS

APN : digimms
    USERNAME : mms
    PASSWORD : mms
    MMSC : mms.digi.com.my/servlets/mms
    MMS PROXY : 203.92.128.160

That it. Just fill it with correct carrier mms setting and u're ready to go! this setting for DiGi Telco (Malaysia). and now i can mms on my iphone 3g. Hope this could help you abit.

btw..u dont need any other program to activate mms.
    Highrulez, I got 2 questions for you about this:

1) I got SwirlyMMS installed on my iphone 1G with fw 2.2.1 (I don't like 3.0). Will these codes mean that I no longer will need SwirlyMMS? If so, how can I send an MMS?

2) What are the codes for tmobile?

Last edited by big black; 09-27-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by big black View Post
    Highrulez, I got 2 questions for you about this:

1) I got SwirlyMMS installed on my iphone 1G with fw 2.2.1 (I don't like 3.0). Will these codes mean that I no longer will need SwirlyMMS? If so, how can I send an MMS?

2) What are the codes for tmobile?

CHeck you network setting either you can access cellular Data network setting or not.
    If you have cellular data network. Then u dont need the mms apps (swirly).
    Just fill it with tmobile mms setting. Im not sure about the tmobile setting.
    But you can check online at tmobile websites.

P/s : how can u send mms without. Swirly? Send mms like you send sms. (you will have a small camera icon at the left in your sms.)
    Last edited by highrulez; 09-29-2009 at 02:34 AM.