Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Push Notification iPhone 2G!

Default Enable Push Notification iPhone 2G!
    im surprised this is on this site already. i guess the dev team has released a beta.

Push Solution Test Steps
    ------------------------

A. Get Legit Keychain Data:
    *You Must Perform These Steps On A Properly Activated Device with at least one working push app*

1.Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the binary 'nimble' using SSH into /private/var/Keychains and set permission to 0755

2. Make sure the file "keychain-2.db" is in /private/var/Keychains and run nimble. You will see 4 files being created:
    - youtube-cert.bin
    - youtube-key.bin
    - push-cert.bin
    - push-key.bin

3. Copy these 4 files into the corresponding folder on your hactivated device.

B. Testing Push:
    *You Must Perform These Steps On Your Hacktivated Device*

1.Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the following files using SSH into /private/var/Keychains and set permission to 0755:
    - inject
    - nimble

2. Store in somewhere else the current "keychain-2.db" and run inject. A new keychain-2.db will be created

3. Uninstall the push app (i.e. beejive or similar) you intend to test on from your hacktivated device and reboot

4. Test youtube, reinstall the above push app and test.

i dunno how to execute the inject file on my mac terminal. if someone can tell me what line to run in terminal i can test it out. files are attached below. someone might wanna reupload. the 4 files you need are already attached.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

thanks to the original poster.

i am eXtremely cant put up the Site whEre that i Like a Lot I found it cuZ it is a iphonE cracking site. sorry!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Iman07; 07-04-2009 at 07:42 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

18.4009 (07-05-2009), b3nny (07-05-2009), ddfilms (07-05-2009), westc0ast (07-06-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tested. It works.

do you know how to run the inject file from terminal on mac or pc?

Download MobileTerminal from Cydia. Then type cd /private/var/Keychain (I don't know if the word Keychain is plural or not. So try that if it doesn't work)
    -Then push enter

Then type ./inject

worked for me as well! sweetness!!
    Last edited by Iman07; 07-04-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

b3nny (07-05-2009)

WORKS SWEET...spread the news!!
    Last edited by young e; 07-04-2009 at 08:03 PM.

as it states, this is for 2G iphone only! not sure if it works on 3G.

copy all 6 files onto your iphone in the directory mentioned above. after that, install mobile terminal and run the command above. you do this AFTER you transfer the 6 files to the directory. after you run the command in mobile terminal on ur iphone, you then restart fully, not respring, but a full restart. then try ur push app like IM+ or something. if it doesnt work, uninstall and reinstall the app u want. it works fine with me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

b3nny (07-05-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    as it states, this is for 2G iphone only! not sure if it works on 3G.

copy all 6 files onto your iphone in the directory mentioned above. after that, install mobile terminal and run the command above. you do this AFTER you transfer the 6 files to the directory. after you run the command in mobile terminal on ur iphone, you then restart fully, not respring, but a full restart. then try ur push app like IM+ or something. if it doesnt work, uninstall and reinstall the app u want. it works fine with me.
    tested and workin on 3g

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Working 100% PUSH OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    do you know how to run the inject file from terminal on mac or pc?

Download MobileTerminal from Cydia. Then type cd /private/var/Keychain (I don't know if the word Keychain is plural or not. So try that if it doesn't work)
    -Then push enter

Then type ./inject

worked for me as well! sweetness!!
    When I type this command Terminal says: "No such file or directory"
    iMac 24', 2.9GHz, iPhone 2G Hackivated

can someone help with this ? i have tried and nothing.. cant get it to work.. AIM: gabesir ( THANK YOU )

so the files in the zip in this thread are from a properly activated phone cause i dont have access to one?

this totally worked for me and i'm SO HAPPY!! push RULES!!! getting every IM even on edge while the phone is asleep in my pocket!!!

i'm a 2g on tmobile running os X leopard using cyberduck

i downloaded the files and ssh'ed (with cyber duck) all 6 of them to /private/var/Keychains

these are the 6 files:
    youtube-key.bin
    push-cert.bin
    youtube-cert.bin
    push-key.bin
    nimble
    inject

here's the link to them:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dydkmhgozj4

then i fixed the permission on each one (still in cyberduck) by doing right click-get info and setting as shown in attached pic below (OP said set perms to 0755, this says 755, i assume thats the same thing.. worked for me)

then i backed up my keychain-2.db file by dragging it to the desktop (cuz you're about to replace it in the next step)

then i opened mobile terminal on my iphone and did as Iman07 instructed above (thank you so much):

type:
    cd /private/var/Keychains ((note the single space between cd and /private!))

push enter

then type:
    ./inject

push enter, let it do its thing..

then close mobile terminal and delete any push apps

do a full reboot on your phone (not a respring)

then i guess you're supposed to open you tube.app and make sure its connecting.. it worked for me..

plug back into itunes and sync back beejive or something that uses push and you should be all good!!!

thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread and on the not-to-be-mentioned site's thread and obviously to the dev team for letting us try this out before they do an official fix (i'm just assuming that they will)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png  
    Last edited by b3nny; 07-05-2009 at 12:56 PM.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b3nny For This Useful Post:

ch0w0w (07-07-2009), ddfilms (07-05-2009), geo411m (07-05-2009), justin520 (07-05-2009)

there's only 4 files in the zip file

Thank you so much for this...Works perfect now!

Worked like a charm!!!! W00t W00t! Thanks a million dev-team!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive written an easy short tutorial here :

Enable Push and Youtube on Hacktivated iPhones The Apple Daily

Worked perfectly for me. Youtube and Push both are working fine!

Thanks

Anyone test on a 3GS yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanmay View Post
    Ive written an easy short tutorial here :

Enable Push and Youtube on Hacktivated iPhones The Apple Daily

Worked perfectly for me. Youtube and Push both are working fine!
    everytime i try to run /inject it says no such file or directory?

nevermind you forgot the "." in ./inject

the font was just small so i couldnt see the "." anyway its working great!!! yesss push!!!!! the devteam rules....all I need now is a2dp and I wont even need a 3gs.
    Last edited by CrAkD; 07-05-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Works for me! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    Anyone test on a 3GS yet?
    why would you need this on 3gs? its not even unlocked yet so that basically means ur on ATT which means it should work out of the box. it did for my uncle; i personally tried it.

haha uh oh.....I think I spoke too soon...its working but I just got a push from beejive from a person not on my buddy list and when i signed in it wasnt there......am I getting push notifications from the phone the regular activated files came from?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast