Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on 2G - Fix for Battery Drain?

Default MMS on 2G - Fix for Battery Drain?
    Anybody else notice battery drain after installing the MMS patch for the 2G iPhone?
    Last edited by exalted719; 07-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.

WHOA! Wheres this patch for MMS on 2G?!

i havent had any drain since ive installed it.....if your on tmo and push notifications arent working make sure you turn them off cause thatll drain your battery quick.

There really shouldn't be any battery drain, from what I can tell everything runs in commcenter which means there shouldn't be any additional background processes.

I'd bet it's related to push.

If you mean battery drain just by upgrading to 3.0 at all, then yes. I can't even make it through a day without charging. On 2.2.1 I was getting remarkable battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    If you mean battery drain just by upgrading to 3.0 at all, then yes. I can't even make it through a day without charging. On 2.2.1 I was getting remarkable battery life.
    I've noticed quite a difference in battery life also since upgrading to 3.0. It's not consistent though, my wife's phone makes it through an entire day no problems (after the 3.0 upgrade). I figured it was just my phone going loco.

I've actually noticed my battery draining a lot faster after installing the MMS patch; the battery was fine using 3.0 after a while beforehand. I was hoping it was just in my head.

Edit: Nevermind, my battery seems to be back to normal. I just played a bunch of games and videos the past two days.
    Last edited by Aschi; 07-03-2009 at 02:24 AM.

yep.... definite battery drain issue.... after 3.0 but even worse after MMS... Push is off, hourly fetch.... no other processes running.....
    T-zones
    2g
    MMS hack off cydia
    postpaid.ipcc version 1.0.4
    substrate addons:
    BackwardCompatability
    CyDelete
    MailToAttachment
    StatusBridge
    WinterBoard

Lost 20% in an hour with a 3 minute call... and i can barely make it through the day.

Can anyone who is experiencing this problem devote a few hours to some semi-but-not-really-scientific research?

Charge the phone fully, set it down and walk away for about two hours, see how much the battery has drained.

Recharge, go to Settings -> Messages, turn off MMS, set it down and walk away for about two hours, see how much the battery has drained.

I have noticed a BIG difference in battery life since installing MMS.

I just charged the Phone this afternoon and I am already down to 55%!!!

I did text a lot today, and some MMS, but no phone calls whatsoever, I used to go two days without charging.

Tomorrow, I will definetly do the test that ironicirony suggested...
    I will keep ya'll posted.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 07-02-2009 at 09:24 PM.
    Housekeepin'?

I also had the battery drain issue after the MMS patch

I got it fixed by removing Status Notifier.

Quote Originally Posted by kdhoe View Post
    I also had the battery drain issue after the MMS patch

I got it fixed by removing Status Notifier.
    That sucks if I have to remove Status Notifier.

Somehow, installing a jailbroken app removed my Missed Call Notification from the lock screen, so now the only way to find out if I have a Missed Call, from the lockscreen, is Status Notifier.

Anybody else lost their "Missed Call Notification" (Lockscreen) after Jailbreaking/Unlocking 3.0 with Redsn0w?
    Housekeepin'?

Removed statusbridge 2hrs ago.... and battery drainage has stopped.... in fact I've only lost 2% with texting and updating apps with cydia but no calls.... so it definitely has something to do with the notifications

Quote Originally Posted by eosmontana View Post
    Removed statusbridge 2hrs ago.... and battery drainage has stopped.... in fact I've only lost 2% with texting and updating apps with cydia but no calls.... so it definitely has something to do with the notifications
    Sorry for the nub question but what is statusbridge and how would one go about removing it? Also what does that do to your ability to send and receive MMS, if anything?

Statusbridge is status bar notifications for missed calls/messages..... U wouldve had to have installed it through cydia... So u would open cydia, go to manage.....
    It's been a couple hours now it has helped but I still feel like drainage may still be a little more than I remember.... I think tomorrow I'll do a little testing with a full charge and no use....
    Last edited by eosmontana; 07-03-2009 at 05:24 PM.

hi there,

I also see a lot of battery drain after mms patch BUT i dont have status notifyer installed

same here.. I thought it was push after I installed IM 3.1, then I turned off push, drain got slow but still, I used to use it for 2.5 days, now it decreased to 1 frekin' day! I even uninstalled IM...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

after my initial upgrade to os3, i didn't notice any substantial increase in battery life. after installing mms patch and subsequent ipcc file to allow fro different apn's, i could sit and watch the battery count down. opening an app would use 1%, switching screens on springboard would use 1%, accessing the internet would cost 2-5%. leaving the phone alone in standby i was losing 15-20% every 2 hours or so.

i've restored and rejailbroken. i have only installed ireal, winterboard, sbsettings and swirlyMMS. i charged my iphone all night and so far this morning the battery seems to be back to normal. i'm going to use it like this today and then restore and install the same apps but use the activatemms2g patch instead of swirly and retest the battery. will update after trying this.

Default I think it is winterboard
    My battery was draining but after I uninstall winterboard the battery life is going back to normal. I think it is the bug in winterboard.

My battery drains 5% every 2 hours or so in standby mode. I am positive it's the MMS patch based on a process of elimination. I can't figure out what would be running. I'm gonna try out swirly and see if I have same drain issue. Maybe the 2g can't handle the it, that's why Apple won't offically enable it.
    Last edited by aje_bc; 07-10-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast