Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stereo Bluetooth on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stereo Bluetooth on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0
    Hi all,
    After being able to enable MMS on 2g iphones even after Apple stating hardware limitations, I guess stereo bluetooth's a thing to go for. Is there a possibility of bluetooth stereo to be enabled on 2g as it has been for 3g and 3gs or is there really a hardware constraint?
    Whe i tried using my bluetooth headset Jabra BT 3030, I managed to pair it up with my iphone 2g for calls and while on calls I could hear clearly on both the earphones which made me believe as it was a stereo sound that was being aired across to the bluetooth headset. Is it just a matter of providing a feature to enable bluetooth music transfer on the IPOD application or is it much more than that?

Cheers
    Sal
    Into breaking stuff, off late!!
    iPhone 4s (Black- 32gb)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stereo Bluetooth on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0
    I wonder if stereo bluetooth has any takers or not?
    People are going crazy over getting MMS to work on 2g but guess its not the case in here!!

Any pointers in this regards are welcome!!
    Sal
    Into breaking stuff, off late!!
    iPhone 4s (Black- 32gb)

I suppose it is a matter of time. As far as I am aware there is very little difference in hardware between the 3g and the original iPhone. So I suppose it is only a matter of generating enough interest to get people searching for a solution.

The question should be "will the hardware even support stereo bluetooth?"

If this has already been answered go ahead and smack me with the facts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post
    The question should be "will the hardware even support stereo bluetooth?"
    I agree. Unlike MMS, which can be fixed with software, Bluetooth has an actual hardware device it relies on.

I am unsure if it is even the same bluetooth hardware found in the 3G.

I read somewhere both bluetooth chips from the 2g and 3g are both capable of a2dp. So I bet this is possible just gotta get people working on it! we got mms! lets get this rolling! haha

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by ronzo View Post
    yeah they havent gotten anywhere yet. no updates for a long time as well. I did some reading and the 2g has a CSR Blue core 4 chip where as the 3g has a CSR Blue core 6 however both chips are capable of a2dp as far as i can tell.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it seems to me like things are happening in some sort of order. first it was mms, then the video editing(native video camera), now bluetooth. The funny thing is that no one has really gotten into the voice control. VLingo does a decent job on the 2G, but I'm sure there's a way to port the 3gs version.

As someone mentioned the chips are a little different. Yes they both support the a2dp profile. The only thing is the chips firmware has to be programmed with that profile. This is the biggest stumbling block. Obviously we have the core 6's firmware before a2dp and after a2dp but patching those changes into the core4's firmware and not messing the chip up in the process is going to be quite difficult. Also if the firmware is signed that will make it almost impossible not unless we can write registers in the firmware on the fly. I have looked at the init strings for both chips and it looks like your are able to write hex to the chip at runtime. If that is the case we would just need to reverse engineer the current firmware and add in the a2dp and avrcp profiles like the core6 chip and write those areas on init. Once the chip supports the profile we would then have to enable the software to enable it. Since all the same software is on the 2G as the 3G it should just be a matter of finding the right files and settings and turning them on.

I think the biggest hurdle right now is finding someone who can reverse engineer that firmware and patch it properly. We might get lucky and find firmware for that exact chip in another product and it might work but then you take the chance of messing your chip up with a bad flash.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutman View Post
    I agree. Unlike MMS, which can be fixed with software, Bluetooth has an actual hardware device it relies on.

I am unsure if it is even the same bluetooth hardware found in the 3G.
    Well what about IBluetooth on via cydia that changed and bypassed everything Apple said that would never work with the iphone so as far a i think so i think it could be done but with enough effort has been put into it
    Last edited by cocoabean772; 07-03-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks

Apple also said MMS wouldn't happen on 2g cause the hardware didn't support it... guess we showed them.

Well, they said MMS and Video recording weren't able on the 2G/3G due to hardware problems, and well, my phone can currently do both. I can also listen to music on my wireless bluetooth headphones, if that's anything related to stereo bluetooth.

yahoowizard how did you get it working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Well, they said MMS and Video recording weren't able on the 2G/3G due to hardware problems, and well, my phone can currently do both. I can also listen to music on my wireless bluetooth headphones, if that's anything related to stereo bluetooth.
    its-a-niiiiiiiiiiiiice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone bluetooth fix
    This works to get audio to play through the bluetooth for those of you without the 3g or 3gs

1. Click on the phone icon on the iPhone

2. Go to the keypad and type in the following command precisely as written: *#307#

3. Once the incoming call screen comes up, click the "answer call" button on the bluetooth, then the answer button on the iPhone

4. Now, hit the home button and get back to the home screen

5. Click on the phone icon again, get back to the keypad and type in 0

6. Answer the phone by clicking on the iPhone's answer button and this time, make sure to click on the "sources" button and click on your bluetooth

7. Now head back to the home screen and start listening to whatever you want - either iPod tunes or any other apps

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micahman33 For This Useful Post:

smassie (07-15-2009), Vic Nyce (09-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's not stereo though.

Thanks

Depart from this hallowed ground fowl demon. For thow hast desicrated the temple of the stereo bluetooth with words of magical numbers and answer buttons!

any updates on the stereo bluetooth setback?
    *the only replacement for displacement is boost!*

*if its not boosted its not worth having*

Default Minutes?
    Does this hack use plan minutes? I love having music on my iPhone (especially considering my headphone jack is busted) but I want to make sure that I don't get a huge bill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast