Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stereo Bluetooth on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aslanscountry View Post
    Does this hack use plan minutes? I love having music on my iPhone (especially considering my headphone jack is busted) but I want to make sure that I don't get a huge bill.
    Yes. And if you have a stereo headphone, it will use double minutes for each channel, left + right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^ Lol. I think you confused the guy with your sarcasm. :P

@micahman33
    How does one reject the call from "1"
    I'm unable to do so.

HAHAHAHA this is pretty sweet. I have a single earpiece that doesnt support A2DP so this is exactly what I was looking for.

Can you explain what those numbers dial though?

*#307#

Is this some type of field test mode????

Either way it's working and I'm very happy about that!

Edit: I realize that double charges is sarcastic but does this in fact use plan minutes??

This method (the *#307# dialing described above) works, but of course it's mono and the quality is pretty horrendous.

The BlueCore 4 chip in the iPhone 2G is perfectly capable of A2DP (and is implemented as such in other phones, like a Mio Windows Mobile phone from 2007), but the firmware needs to be modified.

That said, I've been using an Infinxx AP23 BT adapter (a little clip-on at the bottom of the phone) and have been very happy with it. I think it's around $40 retail, I picked it up on eBay for less. It's even survived a pocket-height fall down some stairs while attached to the phone () (phone fell bottom-first, landed on BT adapter, which got ejected from phone and its two-piece plastic casing opened, but then I just snapped it back together and plugged it back into the phone, which was also unharmed, thankfully ).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pretty cool! now for stereo!

OK so stereo through bluetooth should work on 2g since voice memos can be played back via bluetooth headset..maybe someone can take a look into how that works and make it work for music, any takers?
    Last edited by NizmoVII; 09-11-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Sig

Now why isn't there a way to incorporate this so that we don't have to use the phone method but rather just download a Cydia fix and have it permanently work that way. And if this is stereo bluetooth, why can't we get peer-to-peer to work. I'll be damn happy once this gets working, lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Yahoowizard, you did say in your previous mail that you have it working on your iphone besides video recording and MMS.
    What did that mean?

May be not many people do fancy 2g bluetooth stereo as they do for the native video recording and the voice control to be activated on their 2g's and 3g's. Come on people!! What makes me wonder is that no one's even trying this one!!
    Last edited by sllmhjn; 10-12-2009 at 02:53 AM.
    Sal
    Into breaking stuff, off late!!
    iPhone 4s (Black- 32gb)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I too am curious about this. I have a first gen iPhone still myself and can't afford to upgrade and would really love to have a2dp. Everything else has a hack to fix such as mms and video recording. I know it takes time for people to develop these hacks but I would really appreciate it and would be willing to donate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just posted a little application which enables A2DP on 2nd gen iPhones with OS 3.x. Application is in the beta stage, so be careful and have openssh ready

Details and download at Dmytro personal pages

Feedback is really appreciated.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmp For This Useful Post:

noelleon (10-18-2009), yahoowizard (10-18-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The A2DP Enabler is working fine on my iPhone 2G with 3.0. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Just posted a little application which enables A2DP on 2nd gen iPhones with OS 3.x. Application is in the beta stage, so be careful and have openssh ready

Does this allow for peer-to-peer connectivity? But nevertheless, I'm really happy that someone put some time into this since Apple's too dumb to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Instead of a separate app, put it in the settings menu along with the other jailbroken apps' settings menus.

Also, I don't have any A2DP headsets on me but shouldn't the bluetooth icon in the iPod app be there regardless (after installing and enabling the hack/patch of course)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Awesome work
    I just cannot stop thanking Dmp!! Awesome work indeed just at the time when chances for something like this coming up looked so grim.
    I tested this with my Jabra BT3030 and have found some issues (want to be critical here so that we all can get a flawless BT experience even better than what we have in Apple 3g and 3gs, hopefully:P ).
    1. The previous and the next buttons don't work.
    2. It sometimes skips a beat when the iphone is in the pocket and I am walking.
    3. Volume up and down buttons seem to be working but with some sluggishness. Volume can be controlled only b/w certain limits. Didn't allow me to increase or decrease the volume by a considerable margin but only withing a certaing range.
    4. Like mentioned above, I would love to have this implemented within the iphone settings instead of having a separate icon.
    5. This does come with an expiry

Can't really say how relieved I am to be able to use my stereo headphones in the gym without having those wires sticking out of my phone. Thanks a lot man!!
    Last edited by sllmhjn; 10-19-2009 at 02:44 AM.
    Sal
    Into breaking stuff, off late!!
    iPhone 4s (Black- 32gb)

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Does this allow for peer-to-peer connectivity? But nevertheless, I'm really happy that someone put some time into this since Apple's too dumb to figure it out.
    not fully you can create and search host (instead of picture that says bluetooth not supported :S) but you cant find/connect to "servers",it need some other mod..

great! it works with my logitech freepulse bluetooth headphone!!

thanks

i think this is just awsome, i just spent 40 on the adpater for my iphone but am taking it back, if we are being harsh here i have a few qualms also. Let me know where to donate i will happily donate some to this preject as its a lovely native app. This works on my 11 dollar hong kong blue tooth setup.

-fwd back dont work as we know
    -i havnt explored every eq setting but i get some squelch in my headphones

other than that great job!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works fine with the Samsung SBH170.
    Why is there a time limit though?

I'm unable to listen to songs,
    Is this mod only for calls via bluetooth?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast