+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: change booting logo - apple

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
does anybody know hw t change apple logo on booting screen of iphone thnks
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default change booting logo - apple
    does anybody know hw t change apple logo on booting screen of iphone thnks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea if you have the installer app then u can easy do it with the app called cuztomize its an app that lets you do everything but u have to create your own image as of now

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

What size does the image have to be, though?

Banned
    Thanks

Default I Dont Think So
    Quote Originally Posted by starsplayer7 View Post
    yea if you have the installer app then u can easy do it with the app called cuztomize its an app that lets you do everything but u have to create your own image as of now
    WHICH OPTION IS IT IN CUSTOMIZE?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forsyt View Post
    WHICH OPTION IS IT IN CUSTOMIZE?
    loading image...cheers

Thanks

It doesn't really work.

So far, it is not possible to change the apple logo on a power on boot.

Changing it causes the new logo to show for a second just before SpringBoard starts up and shows the unlock screen. We are replacing the SpringBoard startup logo, and not the earlier boot process logo, which appears to be embedded in some program.

Also, loading image is what SpringBoard displays zooming out from the center when it starts a new application. It is only used if the application being started doesn't have its own loading image to replace the default. Most have a static loading image and you do not see the default loading image at all.
    Last edited by NetMage; 11-09-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

actually, I just read that the option on customize to change the loading icon actually only appears when launching a url from springboard(information based on the dev of customize)..like the above post, there is no known way on how to change the apple logo when booting as of yet.

Thanks

This would be cool. I've had a custom bootscreen that I have been known to put in place on my motorolas B)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't you replace the Apple Logo Manually in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/applelogo.png ?

I would think you could just replace this file with the exact same name and it would HAVE to work because that is the image that the phone reads. Just don't worry about a 3rd party app to do it.. just manually replace that file...

I would assume that it should be that same size: 71x84

I want to know where I could find the loading image... the one with individual lines forming a circle that shows up when the phone is thinking.. like after it loads and before reseting the springboard.

I want to replace this file with the apple color thinking wheel thing...

anyone know where it is at?

maz
    Thanks

It dosen´t work to make it as u said "djames04". Just for ur info I try´d but not sucsess. U have any other suggests??

//***

Green Apple
    Thanks

mmmh.... This is wierd. I tried it manually last night, but it does the original apple logo until it is zooming out to bring in the springboard, then it switches...

I wonder why.. no other ideas here.

I still want to find that loading circle though..

maz
    Thanks

Not a clue! But if u found some solution give me a hint plz! I try´d to do it ur way above but as I said it doesn´t work!
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the boot Logo is part of the firmware Arrrrg so cant be changed for now ......

I have seen a while back someone managed to change the loading cirle thingi to vista look alike it was posted here on the site somewhere.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want to learn how to change the loading graphic so bad.. I'll look around for that post.. thanks..

Thanks

the apple logo can be changed but its in the firmware files. . I was told not to mess with it on a few Diffrent times that i asked .. yeah that would be a nice mod .. but I think It might have to do with anything diffrent then what the phone expects could Cause a problem on boot ..

the spinning circles that it does can be changed they are in the one of the .artwork files at the moment its late and I dont remember which one .. but I changed them to the vista myself hah funny to see that someone else has done the samething heh ... also works good with the old school AOL spinning ball haha ..

now the one thing that i have been trying to find is the file that controls the white progress bar .... like when sending a text message. . I have been able to mod pretty much all the files but still am having a hard time finding that one.