+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Symbolic link Cycorder Videos to Cameras picture folder doesnt work?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey... quick Question. The camera dir is "/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE", and Cycorder recordings are in "/private/var/mobile/Media/Videos". I just wanted to make a simple symbolic link to the Videos dir inside of the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Symbolic link Cycorder Videos to Cameras picture folder doesnt work?
    Hey... quick Question.

The camera dir is "/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE", and Cycorder recordings are in "/private/var/mobile/Media/Videos".

I just wanted to make a simple symbolic link to the Videos dir inside of the 100APPLE dir (which i did), but when Windows browses the pictures (when connected via USB and recognizes it as a browsable device with images) it does not find the symbolic link for the Videos folder.

However, if i make a real folder in that dir, windows picks it up just fine.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Symlink Cycorder Videos Folder
    Go to:
    /private/var/mobile/Media
    Delete "Videos" folder

Right click: New Link

Link (Name):
    Videos

Point link (Path):
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

This way videos recorded with Cycorder are going to be saved in DCIM/100APPLE folder with all your pictures.

Connect your iPhone to your computer (usb cable) and you can do whatever you want.

Note if you want to view and open your Cycorder videos in your camera roll, you have to rename the files manually:

Example:
    Original name:1260204728.mov
    New name:IMG_0011.MOV

BTW I use WinSCP.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thank You santiagoeche
    Thanks so much for this very simple solution... I checked out other sides that directly dealt with mobile terminal and it was very confusing!

Also is it possible to have multiple links?

I used your instructions on how to create a Symbolic link between Cycorder Videos and Cameras picture folder and modified it to link my Cycorder to my Air Share app and works great!

I was wondering, is it possible to have more than one symbolic link? If I could I'd have one link send my Cycorder videos to my Air Share so I can view my files over a network and Also have those videos linked to my camera roll like you explained earlier so I can download them like I do with my pictures.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default DCIM Airshare Symlink
    Hi dcompart,

Yes, you can do a symlink to donwload your photos and videos in your DCIM folder using AirSharing.

1. Open WinSCP
    2. Go to:
    /private/var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXX/Documents/Air Sharing
    3. Right Click: New - Link
    Link (Name): DCIM
    Point link (Path): /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

Note: I am using AirSharing 1.1.4. I think the new AirSharing version 2.1.3 does not accept symlinks.

bye!