+ Reply
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I don't think it will be the same, there are some SB[something] parameters for the first two options which are not included in the MMS fields. For example: Code: <dict>
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think it will be the same, there are some SB[something] parameters for the first two options which are not included in the MMS fields.

For example:

Code:
    <dict>
    			<key>cell</key>
    			<string>PSSwitchCell</string>
    			<key>default</key>
    			<true/>
    			<key>defaults</key>
    			<string>com.apple.springboard</string>
    			<key>key</key>
    			<string>SBExtraSMSAlerts</string>
    			<key>label</key>
    			<string>REPEAT_ALERT</string>

EDIT: You were right, the files are identical. Any other ideas how to enable the toggles???
    Last edited by pperiklis; 06-27-2009 at 07:11 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's seeming that enabling MMS is turning out to be a big hassle. I mean honestly, I'm right there with you about wanting to enable it just to be able to use it if need be but I mean I've had a cell phone for over ten years now and I think in that whole time I've sent maybe 1 or 2 MMS messages. Is it really worth this much trouble?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arctictheory View Post
    It's seeming that enabling MMS is turning out to be a big hassle. I mean honestly, I'm right there with you about wanting to enable it just to be able to use it if need be but I mean I've had a cell phone for over ten years now and I think in that whole time I've sent maybe 1 or 2 MMS messages. Is it really worth this much trouble?
    Yes, only to prove that Apple lied to us about MMS on the 2G being a hardware restriction. ;-)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kdhoe For This Useful Post:

alex0182 (06-27-2009), SharkySharky (06-27-2009), shortie7992 (06-28-2009), Yotam.B (06-27-2009)

Thanks

What a beautiful thing to wake up to this morning....good going, good find. I notice it also enables pasting photos as well. Anybody notice tmobile has their wireless configurator and now it has Apple iphone 2g and 3g...but no offer of MMS settings....wierd.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread and I would like to share with you my findings.

I'm in the same situation as you guys. I can see the camera and can attach pics but can't send it.
    I also cannot see the two buttons of the MMS in the preferences>Messages

I have an iPhone 2g bought in the US and my sister have an iPhone 3G bought in switzerland. We are from Portugal and live here. Both of the iPhones are unlocked and on firmware 3.0 and
    we have the same carriers (Optimus portugal) with the same plan and she can send and receive mms.
    I have the same carrier.ipcc and can confirm that the MMS settings within it are the same. In mine I enabled the AllowEDGEEditing and AllowMMSEditing booleans so I could edit it in the
    preferences>network>cellular data network

I think this is important because it rules out the mms settings being the problem.
    I think the problem lies in enabling the two button of MMS in the preferences>Messages

I tried to find more info in that russian? forum using babelfish and on page 4 and 5, there's someone that encountered the same problem we did. Unfortunately I didn't find any reply with the solution.

Thank you, Josť.

Thanks

apple.SpringBoard[30]: told to send sms 89
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: adding piece: type:[image/jpeg] partID:[0] previewPart:[-1] duration:[0]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: data:[0] [/var/mobile/Library/SMS/Parts/21/09/89-0.jpg] contentLocation:[IMG_6807.jpg]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: adding piece: type:[text/plain] partID:[1] previewPart:[-1] duration:[0]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: data:[4] [N/A] contentLocation:[text_0002.txt]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth CommCenter[34]: notifying clients of failed send

I think thats the problem. It almost seems like it's still trying to send it as a text rather than a picture.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    apple.SpringBoard[30]: told to send sms 89
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: adding piece: type:[image/jpeg] partID:[0] previewPart:[-1] duration:[0]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: data:[0] [/var/mobile/Library/SMS/Parts/21/09/89-0.jpg] contentLocation:[IMG_6807.jpg]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: adding piece: type:[text/plain] partID:[1] previewPart:[-1] duration:[0]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth com.apple.SpringBoard[30]: data:[4] [N/A] contentLocation:[text_0002.txt]
    Jun 27 12:06:28 iPhone-van-Kenneth CommCenter[34]: notifying clients of failed send

I think thats the problem. It almost seems like it's still trying to send it as a text rather than a picture.
    Can someone post the syslog of a 3G when sending an MMS?
    Last edited by kdhoe; 06-27-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks

I think the hacked AppSupport file is not fully hacked... I have this hunch that SMS.app is trying to communicate with the non-existing 3G driver, and our 2G device responds with an error...

Can anyone with a 3G iPhone disable 3G via SBSettings, and then try to send an MMS? Unless the same modem driver (on the 3G iPhone) handles EDGE/GPRS and 3G, so it will never work...

I really can't understand why Apple doesn't support MMS in our old device, since for years in Europe we've been sending MMS via GPRS, even if it's just a smaller JPEG image...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Почти все владельцы iPhone 2G, после официального выхода прошивки 3.0, почувствовали себя ущемленными в правах: ведь у них, в отличии от владельцев iPhone 3G, не работает режим “внешнего модема”, A2DP (stereo-bluetooth) и…MMS. Вот о последнем мы сейчас и поговорим.

Пользователь нашего сайта, geniusan, разместил интересное видео, где продемонстрировал работу стандартного приложения для обмена MMS. Пока патч для включения этой функции находится на стадии тестирования и не доступен широкому кругу пользователей.

Напомню, что geniusan первый решил проблему с кодировкой (иероглифы) в IM-клиентах, путем внесения изменений в стандартные шрифты.

Ну что же, надеемся, верим, ждем! Может быть мы скоро увидим и остальные “закрытые функции”?

That's what the russian site says here's the translation:

Almost all owners of iPhone 2G, after the official release firmware 3.0, have felt disadvantaged in the human: it is they, unlike the owners of iPhone 3G, not the regime "external modem", A2DP (stereo-bluetooth), and ... MMS. This is the last we are now and we'll talk.

The user of our site, geniusan, has posted an interesting video, which showed the work of a standard application for the exchange of MMS. Until a patch to enable this feature is in beta and not available to a wide range of users.

Let me remind you that geniusan first solved the problem with code (characters) in IM-client, through changes in the standard fonts.

Well, that same hope, trust, wait! Maybe we will soon see the rest of "private function?

Oh yeah... someone wrote this "PS itself is likely to put an application kryaknutye) " on comments on the hack... That might men the guy might make his own application.
    Last edited by slagathor001; 06-27-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Clever me is trying to do this while abroad and my network doesn't support MMS while roaming... I'll have to wait til I get home to give it a go, and hopefully by then a full solution will be available

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've read a few Russian forum pages and it looks like this geniusan user who posted the video looks for some kind of reward, although he is not sure what exactly he is planning to do. But hte other guys in the thread are also digging, so the chances are we will see the patch in public domain very soon.

New development there is that you don't have to replace AppSupport file, but there's other way:

1) Add the following code to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/M68AP.plist

<key>mms</key>
    <true/>

2) Then everything goes to the function -[CTMessageCenter isMmsConfigured] which is located in CoreTelefony framework and always returns false. Temporary patch (author suggests that this needs to be sorted out properly): download link

After this you will get MMS switch in setting, which will properly enable and disable Camera icon in SMS app. But during sending you will get following in the log:
    80.504 mms: unable to send message: MMS not configured

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What does this bad translation mean, and where to put that CoreTelephony file?

Text:

2) Further, all depends on the function of: - [CTMessageCenter isMmsConfigured]
    it is in CoreTelefony framework and returns a negative result - that is, MMS is not configured.
    You can patch it (temporarily, because it is necessary to understand that it is in denial):
    ?????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
    What does this bad translation mean, and where to put that CoreTelephony file?

Text:

2) Further, all depends on the function of: - [CTMessageCenter isMmsConfigured]
    it is in CoreTelefony framework and returns a negative result - that is, MMS is not configured.
    You can patch it (temporarily, because it is necessary to understand that it is in denial):
    ?????
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't have that folder. So I need to make it and put the file there?

Edit:

Found it now.
    Last edited by BrumBrum74; 06-27-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
    I don't have that folder. So I need to make it and put the file there?

Edit:

Found it now.
    You should have that folder... You're phone wouldn't function without it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default post file here please
    could you possibly post that zip file here?
    thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
    After this you will get MMS switch in setting, which will properly enable and disable Camera icon in SMS app. But during sending you will get following in the log:
    80.504 mms: unable to send message: MMS not configured
    so even with this file, we still cannot send mms?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aznrmx1112 View Post
    could you possibly post that zip file here?
    thanks.
    Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here's the CoreTelephony patch from the iphoneapps.ru thread

Place it in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework (after backing up!)

EDIT: Damn, was beaten too it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks

ohh and another thing, just for everyone else could you upload the backup for the coretelephony?
    Last edited by aznrmx1112; 06-27-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost