+ Reply
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
^ is it worth doing?
    Thanks
    ^
    is it worth doing?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btowne View Post
    ^
    is it worth doing?
    Presuming you're speaking to me ... I think it is because:
    * I can receive pictures via MMS, and
    * I think this gets me very close to the correct configuration.

Thanks
    ok i'll try it out then. thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

BTW, it took about 1/2 hour from the time my bro-in-law sent me a picture message until it came thru on my phone. We were sitting across from each other at lunch today when I had him send me a picture message. My attempt to send to him failed, though.

It's Working!!!!

Here are the final settings after following the YouTube Video I referenced (that someone else also referenced):

Cellular Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

Make sure you do NOT have "http://" in any of the fields with IP addresses or URLs.
    Last edited by LogicAl2008; 08-10-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone alohawaii's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LogicAl2008 View Post
    OK, this thread is long, overrun with different solutions and just plain hell to find the needle in the haystack.

I have a 2G phone with OS3.0.1 jailbroken with RedSn0w and ActivateMMS2G installed.

I also have the T-Mobile data plan ($19.99), so I have a Cellular Data APN of internet2.voicestream.com.

And, yet, as it's been posted time and again, setting the MMS APN to wap.voicestream.com does not stick.

So, what is the real solution for those of us who have the data plan, need internet2.voicestream.com for the Cellular Data APN, but need the supposed wap.voicestream.com MMS APN?

And, why can I receive pics via MMS but not get the send to ever complete?

Sorry to re-post a posted question, but 64 pages later I cannot find the real fix for this.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4892295-post948.html

Same phone, os, data plan, everything. Follow what I did and it should work.

EDIT: I have 3.0 don't plan on switching over just yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    Same phone, os, data plan, everything. Follow what I did and it should work.

EDIT: I have 3.0 don't plan on switching over just yet.
    Thanks, but just before you placed your post I submitted that I got it working in this post and to be clear 3.0 is not the same as 3.0.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alohawaii's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LogicAl2008 View Post
    Thanks, but just before you placed your post I submitted that I got it working in this post and to be clear 3.0 is not the same as 3.0.1.
    I guess I read everything wrong. Haha. Anyways, I'm glad you got it working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question Which do I have?
    I dont have a data plan, using the 2G...

Do I have wap, internet2, or internet3?

Thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you don't have a data plan, you use WAP.voicestream.com for both fields.

The issue is that when you do have a data plan and you have internet2.voicestream.com for the data network, trying to get a different value for MMS does not stick. That is where that YouTube-referenced solution comes into play.

Just use WAP and set up everything else as specified for the other fields. NOTE: don't use "http://" if it's specified. That prefix is hard-coded, I was told by the T-Mobile support engineer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LogicAl2008 For This Useful Post:

sv806 (08-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok this is great and all, but im sure theres on big question most are wondering......how does this work for ATT users?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DSM_23 View Post
    ok this is great and all, but im sure theres on big question most are wondering......how does this work for ATT users?
    It may not until AT&T opens that channel for you all in the near future.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So after reading almost every pages, I still lack to see a good instruction, lol.

Is there any step by step for Mac users? I am on Tmobile, iphone 2G, 3.0, no data plan

EDit: there are too many instructions in this thread. i am very confused which to follow.
    Last edited by astoriakidd; 08-27-2009 at 10:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have iphone 2g on 3.0 and i installed activatemms2g but under my settings cellular date network or enable mms is not there. what do i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default mms on iphone 2g 3.0
    Go on Cydia and enter this source repo.***************** and install enable mms on iphone and the mms and tethering correct settings u will have the mms icon in the message and you will be able to recieve them but i cant send them sometimes it says "searching.." on the carrier while sending but if not other ways it says "message sent faliure" PLEASE HELP ME!!! I HAVE AN IPHONE 2 RUNNING ON 3.0 AND I HAVE T-MOBILE WITH THE FAMILY TEXT PLAN AND THE DATA PLAN BUT I CANT SEND MMS

apn:internet2.voicestream.com

and yes i have tried wap.voicestream.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what I did, I have a 2g, 3.0 att 4.0 carrier. I installed the activate 2g mms from sinfuliphone's repo, reboot, reset network settings, reboot, insert my iphone sim into an lg shine and used it until it was recognized in the att website. I called and told them my iPhone was being repaired and I was using the shine for the meanwhile. They took me off the iphone plan and put me on a regular data plan for the lg shine. after about 30 min, i replaced my sim into my iphone and I've had mms for 4 days now....no problem. drains battery quick tho....those are my $.02 I hope it helps someone!

saved me $10 a month too!!
    Thank me if I helped you out!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2G MMS? 3.12? Anyone?
    Hey friends! I just upgraded my 2g iphone from 2.1 to 3.12. Awesome!

Now... trying to get MMS to work. Have seen some posts but am looking for a straightforward solution.

Any ideas?

Used to use Swirly - would love to get the native MMS going.

Thanks for your wisdom!

- EQ1

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is a way but its tricky

activatemms2g

Look at last page will send you to hackintosh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after extensive tinkering and researching i was finally able to install the tmobile ipcc which allowed me to separate my cellular data APN and my MMS APN. However, while I can send and receive picture messages from myself, I cannot receive them from others. When others try to send me pictures I get the error "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction."

When I had both the cellular APN and MMS APN as epc.tmobile.com I could both send and receive mms. However, I then discovered that I could only use internet (I have the free trial of the $9.99 plan for the samsung gravity) using the internet2.voicestream.com APN. epc.tmobile.com didnt work at all, and wap.voicestream.com loaded the web2go please pay us first page.

I've been reading around and others have suggested increasing the mms max message size to 24000000 and I have done that and it still does not get rid of the error message. The default setting for this is 614400 through the .ipcc file I downloaded from this thread (pg 40 from tekwiz).

So basically my "reset settings" gives me: (i'm assuming from the .ipcc)
    Cell APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    username: [[blank]]
    password: [[blank]]

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:80
    MMS max message size: 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL: [[blank]]

Is there a way to get an .ipcc with a internet2/epc combo? or to get an (internet2/wap) .ipcc that has a higher max message size defaulted?

EDIT:
    Solved my own problem. basically went through Cydia and removed everything I had related to MMS and reinstalled. I have the tmobile postpaid flex legacy, the tmobile carrier settings, enable mms for 2G & 3.1, and mms & tethering settings. It took me a few tries to get enable mms for 2g & 3.1 to completely load, but when it did my MMS APN was set back to epc.tmobile.com, which allows me to receive messages. For good measure I changed the max message size to 24000000 as has been suggested by others, and now my MMS settings look like this:

MMS APN: epc.tmobile.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS max message size: 24000000
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://wap.sonyericson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

my cellular data APN is still internet2.voicestream.com. not sure if this is from the .ipcc or from the profile from help.benm.at.

I'm not sure why my picture messages only work with the epc.tmobile.com APN, but if it helps others figure out what settings are best for them I've been with tmobile since like 2002 and I have a hawaii number. I know for a fact that sometimes tmobile issues are region specific, as there was a time last year where tmobile numbers with an 808 area code could not receive texts from any verizon customer, and another time a few years ago where hawaii tmobile numbers couldn't receive texts at all.
    Last edited by spamizuno; 01-04-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: resolved issue!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile MMS iPhone 2g 3.1.3
    I have MMS currently installed and working on iPhone 2g 3.1.3. To install MMS go to cydia. Install this repo [smart-mobile.com/cydia]. Once the source is added go into the source and click on Activate MMS (2g) 3.1.3. Install. Confirm. Reboot. Upon reboot go to >settings>general>network>cellular data network and add the following:

Cellular Data
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    Username:
    Passwork:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms.wapenc
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

After settings are input. Reboot phone once more. When device turns on Camera button should be on in Native SMS app. If this doesnt work change apn to accomadate your carrier package. epc.t-mobile.com or internet2.voicestream.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

***************** has a tweak its mms tethering for 2g 3.1.2, follow the instructions and it will work my wifes got it and it works great and fast