+ Reply
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by craig_16 For people who require different APNs for their mobile data and their MMS, there may be a fix for you. I am on a Polish network
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craig_16 View Post
    For people who require different APNs for their mobile data and their MMS, there may be a fix for you. I am on a Polish network which requires different APNs and I am able to send MMS and browse the internet. This is what I did:

1. Install the Cydia package "ActivateMMS2G" and reboot
    2. Go to help.BenM.at on your iPhone
    3. Go to the second Mobileconfigs link, the one that allows you to create a custom Mobileconfig
    4. Enter your MMS APN (i.e. mms.plusgsm.pl) for both of the APN fields (Mobile Internet and Visual Voicemail) and enable tether. My network requires no username or password, if yours does, you may need to enter those as well.
    5. Press generate, install it, press OK, then reboot RIGHT AWAY. Do not check the settings!!!
    6. Go to settings > General and scroll down to profile. If it says 2 (or more) profiles, delete/uninstall the one(s) that are not called "help.benm.at" (i.e. delete all but the one you just installed). If it only says help.benm.at, skip to step 8.
    7. After deleting the other profiles, go back to help.BenM.at and repeat steps 3-5. The first time you try to install it, it may fail or hang while installing (it did for me anyway) if this happens, press the home button, then try again, it should work.
    8. Once your iPhone has rebooted, go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network. Your MMS APN should be present in every APN field.
    9. Fill in your MMSC and MMS Proxy. Once again, my network has no username or password, so I am not sure if you should add this here or during step 4... Experiment!!
    10. Reboot your iPhone.
    11. Open Messages and try to send an MMS. If it fails, check your settings are correct.
    12. If it is successful, go back to Cellular Data Network and change your Cellular Data APN to the one appropriate for your network.
    13. Test your data connection.
    14. Re-Test your MMS.

This fixed it for me. It seems the MMS APN must be the one in the Mobileconfig file, or else it won't stick, whereas the Cellular Data APN can be anything. Let me know how it goes.
    For all Orange UK users use this method. I looked around for a while and this did the trick. The data you need to input in help.BenM.at is

APN - orangemms
    username - Orange
    Password - Multimedia

Enter this in both sets of fields. Follow the instructions in the quote above and it will work if you are on Orange UK. My MMS is working and i just went back into cellular data network tab afterwards and changed the orangemms to orangeinternet for the cellular data only then came out and now my mobile internet works as well.

Great post and finally solved my problem. Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vasco9 For This Useful Post:

tekwiz (06-30-2009)

Thanks

Ok, I can confirm that after totally uninstalling iBlacklist. Rebooting Phone, Reinstalling it. It is now working, saving the blacklist and MMS is still working as well. The odd thing is it's called "Views" on the phone and has what looks like "spaces" icon from Mac.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
    @poprocks: I'm in the exact same situation.

I called ATT last night about 11pm (ET) and asked them to turn on MMS and they gave me the "you have an iPhone" song and dance. I told them I was a dev and I was testing a new application and she said she turned it on, and sent me a test MMS successfully, but I still haven't gotten it. I also tried moving my SIM to my wife's razor but I couldn't send from that phone either. I'm thinking I might have to try the IMEI hack ... but that is an awful lot of work.
    it is but what made it easier for me was having 2 lappys.....one with itunes 7.5 to downgrade to 114 and the other with itunes 8 to upgrade to 3.0
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First of all thanks to everybody for their hard work. It's much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    I've patched iTunes and made sure the file doesn't have a hidden .zip extension. What actually worked was to unzip your file, compress the "Payload" folder and then rename THAT zip file as "TMobile_US.ipcc" (no hidden .zip extension).
    I'm another person who wanted internet2 for data and wap for MMS. I was having an error shift+updating in iTunes until I did this. The problem is the APNs still weren't sticking *which is fine. I live in NY and I'm able to use wap.voicestream.com for data UNLESS I go into Manhattan. As someone else pointed out earlier, internet2 seems to be just a little faster.

Now my carrier logo is scrolling how can I revert this? I tried resetting my network settings but that did nothing...

[Edit] I didn't use any custom logos or anything - it was just text that said T-Mobile

[Edit #2] I SSHed into my Library folder and just renamed "Carrier Bundles" to "Carrier Bundles_Old" and it's back to normal, or so it seems. Someone please let me know if that folder actually needs to be there; I never used any IPCC files before so I don't know what was there in the first place (stupid me for not double checking).
    Last edited by s_toenails; 06-30-2009 at 10:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    ****if you dont want to change your imei then it NOT going to work consistently.
    I'm on AT&T and did not change my IMEI and it works consistently, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanielNTX View Post
    I'm on AT&T and did not change my IMEI and it works consistently, so I don't know what you are talking about.
    how long has it been working? are you on an iphone plan or medianet?

nm, I found the old blu thread w/ the settings u used. Ill try it now....if it works ill be more than happy to give props
    Last edited by hondakorn; 06-30-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

please tell us what your steps were to get it working and especially what type of plan you are on with ATT.

much appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can send and receive mms but at the setting- network-... i don have the mms option. iphone 2 g install the activatemms2g from cydia. it crashes to springboard the 1st time and after reboot, no more crashes

Thanks

DanielNTX: your awesome.....i changed the settings and no i dont get the failed error and it doesnt take as long. PROPS!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still can't get this working on At&t. Im gonna try the imei change and see if that works.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this needs to get split up. to much confusion about at&t users and all the questions n tricks you guys have to do.

someone should create a tmobile specific thread for mms on 2g iphones. im going thru page after page of at&t questions that dont' apply to half of us.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This applies to ATT customers with legit iPhone plans...I have a 2G, no IMEI hack, just jailbroken, not unlocked, standard iPhone + 200 text plan.

Got a little further with this. I just followed these steps over at CNET to try and enable tethering and after the reboot, all of the MMS messages I tried to send last night and today showed up on my phone:

How to activate tethering on any iPhone without jailbreaking | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

I used that carrier settings file referenced in that article:

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/iphonetetheringfile.dmg

I am now able to send and receive MMS messages. For reference, I used leijae's walkthrough, called ATT and asked them to enable MMS on my plan, and then updated the ipcc using from above. Can someone who has a regular iphone plan but hasn't talked to a rep to enable MMS yet find out if this works without contacting ATT?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poprocks View Post
    please tell us what your steps were to get it working and especially what type of plan you are on with ATT.

much appreciated!
    For the APN settings. I copied the Carrier.plist from the Unknown Carrier Bundle folder to the AT&T folder. (The instructions is in the AT&T Blue thread.) Then I used the ActivateMMS2G. Rebooted. Then modified the MMS settings with what I listed in a prior post. Rebooted. Works. One thing I did notice is that if you make a change in the MMS settings, you have to reboot the phone for it to take affect.

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    DanielNTX: your awesome.....i changed the settings and no i dont get the failed error and it doesnt take as long. PROPS!!
    It took me forever to find those APN/MMSC/MMS Proxies. It depends on when your plan was setup but any of those 4 settings may work on AT&T blue. You have to try each.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    this needs to get split up. to much confusion about at&t users and all the questions n tricks you guys have to do.

someone should create a tmobile specific thread for mms on 2g iphones. im going thru page after page of at&t questions that dont' apply to half of us.
    LOL, I felt like that a few pages back when it was all T-mobile questions. But that's what scrolling is for. And I want to learn about both so one thread is better for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post

I agree. Most of the users pinging in now are asking questions about issues that have already been resolved in previous pages. We should probably be focusing out efforts over to getting the MMS UA profile working for non AT&T carriers. It's an issue on the carrier's end so we need to try to duplicate the success Swirly had.

Thanks

It took me forever to find those APN/MMSC/MMS Proxies. It depends on when your plan was setup but any of those 4 settings may work on AT&T blue. You have to try each.
    my plan was started 2yrs ago.....all i did was update the cellular data settings w/ the old blue settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So there has been no progress on the Tmobile quality issue. I just got off the phone w/ them and she had zero idea what I was talking about. I asked to speak w/ their iPhone support and once again she had zero idea what I was talking about.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smassie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    So there has been no progress on the Tmobile quality issue. I just got off the phone w/ them and she had zero idea what I was talking about. I asked to speak w/ their iPhone support and once again she had zero idea what I was talking about.
    Next time ask to speak with the Technical Support for unsupported devices. Most of the reps that I've talked to have transferred me right away when I tell them I need support for an iPhone. Every once in awhile though you'll run across one thats either new or just wants to be a pain.

The iPhone support is there, I've spoken to them several times and even asked them advice on my plan.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah ive spoken to them many times too, Its the Unsupported Device Team

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of curiousity, what data plan do people have with TMobile? I have the $9.99 plan so I'm generally anxious to call into TMob and ask them support questions since I'm afraid they'll force me to pay $25/mo or discontinue my $9.99 service.

Thoughts?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

5.99 with Tzones i call all the time no issues, they cant force you to do anything, They can suggest it