Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

my imei was changed to a gophone prior to 3.0 upgrade and mms hack and im using the mediamax bundle and have been for almost 2 y rs. Once i installed the cydia hack sending works evrytime but it lags.........im using the same ms setting that you use for swirlymms.
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Just manually edit the plist..add MMS True...it's in the thread here. So are the files to do it manually via SSH

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    my imei was changed to a gophone prior to 3.0 upgrade and mms hack and im using the mediamax bundle and have been for almost 2 y rs. Once i installed the cydia hack sending works evrytime but it lags.........im using the same ms setting that you use for swirlymms.
    So you are on ATT and have it working. It tends to lag for lots of us depending on where you are when you send. I assume it also has to do with how much traffic is on the cell tower you are connected to.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 06-29-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I'm also having problems with getting my APNs to stick.
    I've tried so many times using help.benm.at and generating my profile. The problem is, when I would type in: internet2.voicestream.com under Mobile Internet, then I'd type in wap.voicestream.com under Visual Voicemail, I enable Tethering, then I click Generate.

The problem is that after rebooting after installing the new profile as the instructions said, I would go in and check them out and see that "internet2.voicestream.com" will be in all my APNs. Anyone know how you can make them both different?

For T-Mobile: "wap.voicestream.com" is real slow. "Internet2.voicestream.com" is faster, tho they're both slow, I'd prefer using the faster one out of the two.
    If MMS settings aren't sticking, do the following:-
    1) Reset Network settings from the General menu in Settings
    2)iPhone will have rebooted now so go into Cellular Data Network, Reset settings. Turn your iPhone off and on.
    3) Insert you MMS settings manually, push Home and turn your iPhone off and On again.
    4)Your settings should now stick, well they did for me after a whole day of trying different methods of getting settings to stick, including restoring which didn't work either.
    5)DON'T BOTHER GOING TO HELP.BENM.AT unless you want tethering and MMS for iPhone 3G. Doesn't work for many people.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Heard issues of Ispazio's not working...there is the patch directly from the russian. Repo is http://cydia.alpden.com
    tried installing via this repo and im still getting the same error

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoey35 View Post
    tried installing via this repo and im still getting the same error
    Lol dude, I told you what your problem was on the last page, it's the PERCENTAGE BATTERY HACK!!!!
    Just use iSpazio's MMS. Uninstall the battery hack first!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    So you are on ATT and have it working. It tends to lag for lots of us depending on where you are when you send. I assume it also has to do with how much traffic is on the cell tower you are connected to.
    yeah it works for me.....the lag is bearable but swirly didnt lag this much....i wonder if it really is network traffic??
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just installed the ispazio pkg this morning. It works great

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Lol dude, I told you what your problem was on the last page, it's the PERCENTAGE BATTERY HACK!!!!
    Just use iSpazio's MMS. Uninstall the battery hack first!!

You are right sir thanks don't know how I could've missed it sorry.

You need to install iPhone OS 3.0 of course, doh !
    - Jailbreak it : link
    - Open Cydia
    - Install the application ActivateMMS2G
    - Reboot your iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

If MMS settings aren't sticking, do the following:-
    1) Reset Network settings from the General menu in Settings
    2)iPhone will have rebooted now so go into Cellular Data Network, Reset settings. Turn your iPhone off and on.
    3) Insert you MMS settings manually, push Home and turn your iPhone off and On again.
    4)Your settings should now stick, well they did for me after a whole day of trying different methods of getting settings to stick, including restoring which didn't work either.
    5)DON'T BOTHER GOING TO HELP.BENM.AT unless you want tethering and MMS for iPhone 3G. Doesn't work for many people.
    Glad it worked for you, but it's not working for me.
    This sucks. "wap.voicestream.com" for Cellular Data is ridiculously slow. Wish I could use "internet2.voicestream.com" for Cell Data and use "wap.voicestream.com" for MMS.

Did you try editing .plist as others have mentioned? I haven't tried that because I'm NEW to SSH'ing my iPhone and I don't wanna screw things up and end up restoring AGAIN.

all right installed and entered appropriate settings and looks like everything worked. there is a little lag to sending and receiving though but other than that everythings ok

edit: these are the settings im using can someone tell me if im missing something. Is the lag something that is just to be expected depending on file size

Cellular Data
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    UN:
    Pass:

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    UN:
    Pass:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL:
    Last edited by mrjoey35; 06-29-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks

@MrJoey

Is your Internet slow?
    When I use "wap.voicestream.com" for Cell Data.. it's real slow for me. Have you used "internet2.voicestream" before?

@MrJoey

Is your Internet slow?
    When I use "wap.voicestream.com" for Cell Data.. it's real slow for me. Have you used "internet2.voicestream" before?

It's edge so its not the fastest thing in the world but I'd say its not horrible. should I switch out wap.voicestream.com on both cellular and MMS or just MMS

Thanks

It's edge so its not the fastest thing in the world but I'd say its not horrible. should I switch out wap.voicestream.com on both cellular and MMS or just MMS
    Well, with me.. "internet2.voicestream.com" is a little faster than "wap.voicestream.com". A tech from T-Mobile also told me that if I want to be able to surf a little faster to use "internet2".

I wouldn't switch anything out, since you need your APNs to match in order to get them to stick. What I was trying to do is find a way to get my Cell Data to stay at "internet2" and have my MMS use "wap.voicestream.com".

How is your picture quality, when you receive MMS does it look clear or all blurry?

Well, with me.. "internet2.voicestream.com" is a little faster than "wap.voicestream.com". A tech from T-Mobile also told me that if I want to be able to surf a little faster to use "internet2".

I wouldn't switch anything out, since you need your APNs to match in order to get them to stick. What I was trying to do is find a way to get my Cell Data to stay at "internet2" and have my MMS use "wap.voicestream.com".

How is your picture quality, when you receive MMS does it look clear or all blurry?
    If internet2 is faster why not just use it for both? And pic seems ok from other people but they are sending me pictures of pictures so the quality is ****** as is. However when I send myself a test the pics are VERY blurry and gross.

Thanks

Glad it worked for you, but it's not working for me.
    This sucks. "wap.voicestream.com" for Cellular Data is ridiculously slow. Wish I could use "internet2.voicestream.com" for Cell Data and use "wap.voicestream.com" for MMS.

Did you try editing .plist as others have mentioned? I haven't tried that because I'm NEW to SSH'ing my iPhone and I don't wanna screw things up and end up restoring AGAIN.
    I did this on an iPhone that has had no files changed by SSH.
    Are you sure you Reset Network Settings, you went into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, you could try Reset All Settings if that didn't work
    After the iPhone rebooted itself you went into Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>Reset Settings.
    Rebooted iPhone manually and then added your MMS settings in and then pushed the Home button and rebooted iPhone.
    You have to make sure that your APN Settings for Cellular Data and MMS are all the same, you could also change the Visual Voicemail APN to be the same.
    I didn't try editing plist files no point. If that doesn't work, restore your iPhone and set up as new iPhone, back up stuff like phone numbers and sms by SSH then

iPhone 4 August 28th

Ok scratch that. I tried internet2 for both settings and I can get online just fine but that seemed to break MMS I just get the ! when trying to send. Switched back but stuck with blurry pics grrrrr
    Last edited by mrjoey35; 06-29-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks

I did this on an iPhone that has had no files changed by SSH.
    Are you sure you Reset Network Settings, you went into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, you could try Reset All Settings if that didn't work
    After the iPhone rebooted itself you went into Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>Reset Settings.
    Rebooted iPhone manually and then added your MMS settings in and then pushed the Home button and rebooted iPhone.
    You have to make sure that your APN Settings for Cellular Data and MMS are all the same, you could also change the Visual Voicemail APN to be the same.
    I didn't try editing plist files no point. If that doesn't work, restore your iPhone and set up as new iPhone, back up stuff like phone numbers and sms by SSH then
    Oh, I think you misunderstood me. What I was trying to do is get the APNs to stick, but both being different. My APNs do stay, thats no problem, the thing is that I wanted my Cell Data to be "internet2.voicestream.com" and my MMS APN to be "wap.voicestream.com". But other than that, my APNs do stick if both are the same. Thanks anyway

Ok scratch that. I tried internet2 for both settings and I can get online just fine but that seemed to break MMS I just get the ! when trying to send. Switched back but stuck with blurry pics grrrrr
    Yea, that's the thing. Internet2 is faster, atleast over here it's noticeably faster. So yours work, that's good. Mine work too sometimes, I test by sending myself, sometimes I get them other times I don't. The quality sucks horribly though.

I wonder how Swirly manages.. I have purchased Swirly and it works fine, I just rather have one native app that handles both SMS and MMS.

Edit: Why must Apple be such assholes?
    Last edited by DayumQuitPlayin; 06-29-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks

Ok, I just got off the phone with AT&T. Apparently there is a Samsung SG-437 tied to my account. OK, now When we started going through everything he told me that:
    APN wap.cingular
    Usrnam and pword leave blank
    MMSC mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com

but this i haven't heard of

Proxy Port is 80.

Never the less, I'm still unable to send and receive MMS

Perhaps I've skipped a step or somthing.

Yea, that's the thing. Internet2 is faster, atleast over here it's noticeably faster. So yours work, that's good. Mine work too sometimes, I test by sending myself, sometimes I get them other times I don't. The quality sucks horribly though.

I wonder how Swirly manages.. I have purchased Swirly and it works fine, I just rather have one native app that handles both SMS and MMS.
    Same here I a friend try to send me pics and sometimes they come in sometime they dont.

More often they don't though
    Last edited by mrjoey35; 06-29-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 ... LastLast