+ Reply
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iPhone 2g with OS 3.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by ShotWithAnSLR I have this working using epc.tmobile.com as the APN and I and the size you listed above. I tried sending an MMS from the iPhone to
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShotWithAnSLR View Post
    I have this working using epc.tmobile.com as the APN and I and the size you listed above. I tried sending an MMS from the iPhone to my email and the resolution is fine, however anything coming into the iPhone looks like crap, I wonder if maybe there is another setting that needs to be adjusted on the phone itself.

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile,com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/K700iR201.xml
    You are correct.

I also sent one to my email and it arrived instantly on my iPhone (via Yahoo! push email). On my PC, I checked my Yahoo! account and the image was 260kb (size on disk) and it was indeed resized to 768x1024 (iPhone takes pictures at 1200x1600).

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

maybe its a different setting other than the Profile URL?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    i left the prof url blank, i noticed if you send to anyone but a iphone the resolution is perfectly clear, as soon as it hits a iphone it resizes it when it comes in
    I can also confirm this.I'm thinking the phone is just compressing anything coming in on MMS. How about 3G users, are their pics crap too?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    i left the prof url blank, i noticed if you send to anyone but a iphone the resolution is perfectly clear, as soon as it hits a iphone it resizes it when it comes in
    That's exactly what the profile is for.

It tells the network that your phone can handle whatever type of media is coming in (usually size dependent).

Without the profile, or without the network knowing what your phone is, the image will be resized (or rejected) to what the carrier feels is appropriate for a phone with basic picture messaging functionality/properties (this includes, but is not limited to, screen size, memory, processor, etc.).

It just so happens that maybe the profiles some of us are using aren't sticking/working.

EDIT: I'd be interested in knowing how the Swirly team incorporated their profiles.
    Last edited by Lecram25; 06-28-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So the cydia hack is the same as the russian manual hack i take it?

Both have the scaled down ****** resolution?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, I used redsn0w for my JB. I've tried everyones tutorials and none of it has worked for me. Has anyone else with redsn0w tried this and had success?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I still can't put 2 different apns no matter what I try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I change the imei on my iphone. I know I have to downgrade to 1.1.4 and use Ziphone, but when I upgrade back to 3.0 won't my imei have changed back? I really hope I can get mms working!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just installed the hack via cydia, then did the reboot.

When i go Settings>General>Network all i see is:

data roaming

VPN

WiFi

On my 3G when i did the ipcc update it did show "cellular data network," maybe i need to patch this 2g with that file also?

EDIT:

I had to do the manual ipcc/carrier update to get the hack to work....
    Last edited by Nerologic; 06-28-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimit View Post
    I still can't put 2 different apns no matter what I try.
    And you tried the steps listed here one or two pages back? U have to use the mobileconfig custom generator at help.benm.at and manually put the settings into the config generator.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried the mobile configurator and it still leaves my mms apn blank, it puts the apn in the cellular data part, but then when I try to switch them it blanks out my mms apn.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im going to try with my other 2g iphone. anyone have a concise guide anywhere?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by commandoscorch View Post
    How do I change the imei on my iphone. I know I have to downgrade to 1.1.4 and use Ziphone, but when I upgrade back to 3.0 won't my imei have changed back? I really hope I can get mms working!
    it wont be changed if you use one of these custom firmwares ;-)
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    Ok, I used redsn0w for my JB. I've tried everyones tutorials and none of it has worked for me. Has anyone else with redsn0w tried this and had success?

3 phones i did with redsnow are working fine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have tried leaving the mms US prof URL line empty, as well as the k750i and w800i profiles, all with no luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dimit View Post
    I have tried the mobile configurator and it still leaves my mms apn blank, it puts the apn in the cellular data part, but then when I try to switch them it blanks out my mms apn.
    You used the one where you manually type the info in first, then download it...then you do reset settings..go back in and put MMS info in and I reboot just to be safe

trying this now:

http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

It's referenced in commcenter
    Last edited by tekwiz; 06-28-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

worked like a charm

original iphone 8g
    3.0 OS
    T-mobile USA

u guys rock my world!
    <put something witty here?>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    You used the one where you manually type the info in first, then download it...then you do reset settings..go back in and put MMS info in and I reboot just to be safe

trying this now:

http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

It's referenced in commcenter
    And interestingly enough, 2 messages sent using that setting and 0 received.

Ok I took it out, rebooted, put it back, rebooted and now get msgs again, resolution still sucks though. That profile allows for 1024x1024 pics so it would seem the profile is ignored?
    Last edited by tekwiz; 06-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

maybe thats the one that it uses for incomnig?? just a thought

EDIT: nevermind

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craig_16 View Post
    For people who require different APNs for their mobile data and their MMS, there may be a fix for you. I am on a Polish network which requires different APNs and I am able to send MMS and browse the internet. This is what I did:

1. Install the Cydia package "ActivateMMS2G" and reboot
    2. Go to help.BenM.at on your iPhone
    3. Go to the second Mobileconfigs link, the one that allows you to create a custom Mobileconfig
    4. Enter your MMS APN (i.e. mms.plusgsm.pl) for both of the APN fields (Mobile Internet and Visual Voicemail). My network requires no username or password, if yours does, you may need to enter those as well.
    5. Press generate, install it, press OK, then reboot RIGHT AWAY. Do not check the settings!!!
    6. Go to settings > General and scroll down to profile. If it says 2 (or more) profiles, delete/uninstall the one(s) that are not called "help.benm.at" (i.e. delete all but the one you just installed). If it only says help.benm.at, skip to step 8.
    7. After deleting the other profiles, go back to help.BenM.at and repeat steps 3-5. The first time you try to install it, it may fail or hang while installing (it did for me anyway) if this happens, press the home button, then try again, it should work.
    8. Once your iPhone has rebooted, go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network. Your MMS APN should be present in every APN field.
    9. Fill in your MMSC and MMS Proxy. Once again, my network has no username or password, so I am not sure if you should add this here or during step 4... Experiment!!
    10. Reboot your iPhone.
    11. Open Messages and try to send an MMS. If it fails, check your settings are correct.
    12. If it is successful, go back to Cellular Data Network and change your Cellular Data APN to the one appropriate for your network.
    13. Test your data connection.
    14. Re-Test your MMS.

This fixed it for me. It seems the MMS APN must be the one in the Mobileconfig file, or else it won't stick, whereas the Cellular Data APN can be anything. Let me know how it goes.
    Ok guys, I've tried this 3 times. All from scratch with no APN settings at all. and whenever I get to step 8 only my internet apn is filled out. I've yet to have the mms apn filled out.

I've tried this over a dozen times. with no success. So is everyone jailbroken with pwnage? what were your settings? and if that's not the case, I'd like to trouble shoot this so I can figure it out.