Page 1 of 76 123 11 51 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

Default Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?
    • SSH into your iphone
    • Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/
    • Download the file M68AP.plist
    • Open the file using a text editor or a plist editor
    • Add a Boolean value under the capabilities dictionary
    • Boolean Key = video-camera / Boolean Value = true
    • Save and upload the file to the same directory that it was originally in
    • Go onto the iPhone and respring Done!

Sadly you can't do normal photos or take videos however anyone got an idea how we could make it possible?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTaylor For This Useful Post:

jack3x (10-10-2009)

I just tried this and it brings up the switch for video/photos in the camera app. Anyone know how we can get it to work?

I've attached a screenshot...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001.png  
    Last edited by joe8306; 06-20-2009 at 11:40 AM.

they have been trying this since the beta......with no prevail
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

ok so if you go to the camera roll from the camera app then click "done" it goes back to the camera app - and the photo/video switch is active (i can switch from photo to video) although - the lens remains in the closed position.

arg!

also - i just discovered under /system/library is a folder with the name videoencoders this must mean that the 3G has video recording capabilities on it - just not activated. What else would the videoencoders file be for??
    Last edited by joe8306; 06-20-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i can confirm joe8306's statement above... when checking camera roll the switch becomes active... the shutter doesnt open though...

gonna check out the videoencoders file now...

Code:
    <dict>
    			<key>displayIdentifier</key>
    			<string>com.apple.CoreVideo</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    		<key>displayIdentifier</key>
    		<string>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Video-Camera</string>
    </dict>
    i think we are missing a <key>displayIdentifier</key> down low and thats the only thing stopping us... i dont know much about coding but everything above has one....

i made the two above.... the first one i found in some strings that were in the videoencoders folder... the second one is just a guess as to what it would be called.... both are not working.. but i put em up for you guys to get what im talkin about.. hopefully someone who is better than i am at this can help out..
    Last edited by prism2unit; 06-20-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any news on the status of decrypting the iphone 3gs firmware?

its not even jailbroken yet, give this some time.

Sadly, without deep core SDK usage... we cannot make it work. what you have done here is telling the springboard that the Framework for video recording is present, which is not.

And even if we get the right files from a 3Gs OS and the right Framework, it will not work, since it needs a hardware capable device.

Apple have done their home work, but maybe someone will spend the time to figure out how to recompile the whole thing for the native iphone Camera app to take videos on 3G.

Hope however lies in voice control.

You have heard the voice of the Pharaohs.
    Last edited by shehabelkadi; 06-21-2009 at 06:30 PM.

I can concur that all the above steps work on a jailbroken 3G, and I was able to edit a .MOV I uploaded to the DCMI/999apple folder, but it will not send to email, mms, mobileme, or youtube because it fails on compressing the video.

anyone have any input?

Has anyone checked the binaries to see what calls are made?

there must be a way!!!
    "the only constant is change."

I too can confirm that the above method works, and I was able to edit. Perhaps there is a way to convert the codecs from applications such as Cycoder to work with this camera for compression purposes?

And has anyone gotton the shutter to open at all? Even if I replace the original plist file, the shutter remains shut..any ideas?

i have faith that this will happpen soon
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

yep it wont take to long for some one to figure this out

i cant wait for this to work!

I am hearing unsubstantiated rumors that someone was able to get the shutter to open for Camera, but I cannot confirm this. Anyone else?

when i added "video-camera" to the capabilities, and then opened the camera application while having the console in the iphone configuration utility opened, i found this at the end:

Code:
    Tue Jun 23 04:24:15 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: AppleSerialMultiplexer: !! mux-ad(eng)::bsdIoctl: unrecognized ioctl on minor 12 (0x402c7413), data (0xee30bedc, @int=0x00000000),fflag (0x00000007), ret 0xe3ff8001
    then i removed the "video-camera" capability and i didn't get that error.

i hope anyone would know what that means..

is it possible to link this to cycorder? like when tapping the video icon it opens up cycorder to record video...

^^For that just use cycorder...

I think the most probable hack would be to get the photos app recognize cycorder recorded videos, so we can email them and upload to youtube!

It doesn't matter if it recognizes Cycorder movies since we don't have a way for it to compress those videos.

What we need is to find a way to open the shutter on Camera, and then find the codecs for Video.

Page 1 of 76 123 11 51 ... LastLast