Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't show up in my photo's app. I have an iPhone 3G 3.1 Firmware (Not Jailbroken)

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" if the information was helpful!

All this has done is enabled us to edit videos we sync from our pictures folder on pc and save videos emailed to us and edit them. We can't send them to YouTube, MobileMe or mms. Or even take videos.

We can make cycorder save videos to the dcim folder I know how to do that. I used that when I had my phone jailbroken all I first wanted is camera.app to launch cycorder when I slide the toggle.
    Last edited by ct3mecom; 09-13-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that is a good idea, but what we need is
    get the -shutter open with vidoe editing
    -get cycorder to open when we switch the little camera icon thing in the cmara .app
    -get cycorder to save vids in dcim foldeer
    - and even better, change the cycorder UI so it looks like the cmera app.

OR just spend a bit more time and enable the REAL thing

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.*************/showthread....d=1#post257188

This thread is on the same topic. No one is having luck by SSHing videos into the DCIM folder to edit. Can someone help us because of right now this find isn't beneficial.

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" if the information was helpful!

geomazo and his team are going to start working on native vidoe ofter voice control was a complete failure, thanks/

I don't know why it doesn't work. I am on 3.1 non jailbroken and i havr send a .mov file (7MB) to the directory where are all my photos...
    I see the video in de photo app and i can view and edit it!!!
    I can use the photo app. But i cant send them over mail, youtube, mms...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

we wont be able to send them anywhere, but will be able to edit videos, this was actually posted on the new about 3.1 before it officially came out...stating their would be video editing APIs that would allow other apps to utilize the video editing feature (but not completely like a 3GS where we would be able to send it)
    This is not really a mod or sumthing, just sumthin from apple that we were waiting to see/hear about...

*EDIT*: As you prob heard Oliverjones...we are working on trying to get this video recorder to work (make the shutter open with the switch) and honestly from what i've tried so far...i think all the "magic" is embedded somewhere in the 3 plists of the 3GS as compared to ours (2G/3G)...as comparing other files and it already has video capabilities enlisted within each binary thnx to 3.0...so the question is how to manipulate these 3 plists on our phones...?!

**EDIT(2)**: So I played around with our 2 plists of M68&N82...I modified the N82 to resemble to N88 and added in the include key for N82 in the M68 so that both would correlate with each other....the only thing it has done is enabling the switch without actually putting it in the M68AP plist..(kind of like how the 3GS uses the N88 seperately without adding any features in the M68)...but still the shutter doesnt open..
    Next, I decided to delete certain files from the PhotoLibrary.framework in PrivateFrameworks and the result was this (see attached images)
    So the question is..which line of code still tells it to stay shut..or possibly what is causing it stay shut?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png   -img_0002.png  
    Last edited by mkblade; 09-14-2009 at 10:57 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkblade For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (09-14-2009), Thatskanyon (09-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like you guys are progressing. I really hope everything works out! Woooooo!

Okay, is there a way to get cycorder to save the videos to the proper directory so that they are displayed in the camera roll? I see vague references to this, but I cannot find the answer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow just got back from work and saw that you have progress to a black screen i think that may be something else stopping that not the shutter, for instance what file tell the video camera to record at 30 fps if we could change it to 15 that may do it but those 3 plists are the way forward i tried linking D88 with both D82 and M68 but it broke my springboard, have you tried putting the 3gs video encoders and decoders also in with what you have done ??

Any how mkblade if you could go on aim that would be great =-)

Many Thanks

Oliver.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OLIVERJONES For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (09-14-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    we wont be able to send them anywhere, but will be able to edit videos, this was actually posted on the new about 3.1 before it officially came out...stating their would be video editing APIs that would allow other apps to utilize the video editing feature (but not completely like a 3GS where we would be able to send it)
    This is not really a mod or sumthing, just sumthin from apple that we were waiting to see/hear about...

*EDIT*: As you prob heard Oliverjones...we are working on trying to get this video recorder to work (make the shutter open with the switch) and honestly from what i've tried so far...i think all the "magic" is embedded somewhere in the 3 plists of the 3GS as compared to ours (2G/3G)...as comparing other files and it already has video capabilities enlisted within each binary thnx to 3.0...so the question is how to manipulate these 3 plists on our phones...?!

**EDIT(2)**: So I played around with our 2 plists of M68&N82...I modified the N82 to resemble to N88 and added in the include key for N82 in the M68 so that both would correlate with each other....the only thing it has done is enabling the switch without actually putting it in the M68AP plist..(kind of like how the 3GS uses the N88 seperately without adding any features in the M68)...but still the shutter doesnt open..
    Next, I decided to delete certain files from the PhotoLibrary.framework in PrivateFrameworks and the result was this (see attached images)
    So the question is..which line of code still tells it to stay shut..or possibly what is causing it stay shut?
    wait so u opened the shutter. but the cam still wont work... very interesting ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to macfan406 For This Useful Post:

surfingboy111793 (09-14-2009)

I think I have found a way to save to the proper directory using iPhoneVideoRecorder but I cant figure out how to name it properly.
    If you like this, don`t forget hit THANKS button!

Wow, now thats awesome. That has motivated me to begin working on this again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

omg omg omg omg omg! I got a feelin', that tonights gonna be a good night lol!

iPhone? More like MyPhone OLIVERJONES's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i do hope so thatskanyon your right we are working or the plists in springboard.app and how the 3GS uses the N88 one individually and if you link it the springboard breaks and you have to restore.

Oliver.

Thanks

^the reason it breaks is cause their are certain features in there which the other phones clearly dont support...deleting them and rearranging the strings/keys seems to work

*EDIT*: Hmmmmm...strange because now when I tried to redo the process my phone just gets stuck at the apple logo with the wheel spinning...b4 it actually worked with the edited plists...now it seems to reject it or sumthin...i will still be happy to post the edited plists if sum1 wants to try..but like i said and will warn: it did work the first time but now it just gets stuck at the boot...
    Last edited by mkblade; 09-14-2009 at 04:41 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wait so you were able to shoot video with the modified plists?

Default stuck on the apple logo
    After installing video toggle i rebooted and now it's stuck on the apple logo and there's no way for me to ssh into it to delet it.

Running 3.0.1 and Vista..

How do I get out of this???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macfan406 View Post
    Wait so you were able to shoot video with the modified plists?
    Wasnt able to shoot video..but their was no shutter this time..only a black screen
    But now when I try placing those edited plists again my phone doesnt seem to like it...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So now all we need to do is find out why it's crashing and why it's showing a black screen. I have a feeling that we will have a solution this week

Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 52 ... LastLast