Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Video Recording on 2G/3G?

The 2g hardware can't handlw video like the 3gs. The dev for cycorder has stated that his app basically takes pics as fast as it can to do "video". Don't think this one's going to work.

Thanks

I agree with tecwiz, if we were able then it would of happened along time ago.

Oops, tekwiz.
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 06-23-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

tekwiz, that's not the whole point. Part of this challenge is to find out of 3Gs apps work on a 3G...so thanks for your input, but NEVER say never.

heres a nice video of the video editing on a edge iphone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_VlbCzm_y0]YouTube - Scoperta una nuova funzione sul iPhone EDGE nel Firmware 3.0[/ame]
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    I agree with tecwiz, if we were able then it would of happened along time ago.

Oops, tekwiz.
    x2
    "the only constant is change."

Quote Originally Posted by therealduckie View Post
    I can concur that all the above steps work on a jailbroken 3G, and I was able to edit a .MOV I uploaded to the DCMI/999apple folder, but it will not send to email, mms, mobileme, or youtube because it fails on compressing the video.

anyone have any input?

Has anyone checked the binaries to see what calls are made?
    Which 999APPLE i only have 100APPLE in my dcim??

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    heres a nice video of the video editing on a edge iphone

YouTube - Scoperta una nuova funzione sul iPhone EDGE nel Firmware 3.0
    ? how the flip...

if you notice, it seems like he says something about the camera shutter not opening? if so, we've already gotten that far. now where's the rest?

I believe we should just wait until the 3G S is jailbroken or its firmware is at least decrypted. Then, we can just take a diff of the 3G and the 3GS's root partitions and see what's missing.

EDIT: And, to the person who commented on Saurik saying Cycorder just takes pictures really fast: that's essentially all video cameras done on still cameras.
    Last edited by zwaldowski; 06-23-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Again people... you are missing the whole picture.
    it is all about native hardware support. if the video app is built to natively access the 3Gs video camera, without deep coding (and use of provided SDK), you are just enabling GUI... maximum getting edit if you push a video to the iphone in the right place, with the right format.

Only apple at this point can edit their source to enable this feature (add 3G camera support), else everyone should read, study, and trace to repack the Framework, and the application to make it work.

Stop believing that surface edit in plist files, mix and match is getting you anywhere.

I know we all want to believe that it is easy as that, but lets not compare ourselves to someone who puts the right effort and brains into it. Come on.

Out...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shehabelkadi For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (06-24-2009)

no comparison here.

i just want my shlt to work as i know it can.

Thanks

PEOPLE, just duct tape your iPhone to a handy cam and shoot away.

shehabelkadi, Way to be a debby-downer. They said a lot of things could never be possible but they are. As proven in the debug posted to this thread, it's NOT hardware based and IS possible. That debug states a call to SOFTWARE, not hardware. That comes straight from a Dev-Team member I consulted on the issue.

Now, unless some of you smart-asses have something supportive or relevant to add or any suggestions on how to enable this or work out the kinks...go play somewhere else and stop derailing our thread, trolls.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to therealduckie For This Useful Post:

IvanPK (06-23-2009), mad102190 (07-23-2009), rufio (06-24-2009)

^ what he said.

The heart of the video recording is not the MobileSlideShow app but in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibrary.framework. There is the place you might want to look at.

There seem to be so many negative people on this forum it's untrue, every suggestion for upgrading the 2G or 3G is met with "you can't do this" or "you can't do that"!

I see no reason why this isn't possible, the only thing that Apple will have changed will be the CCD of the camera to give it 3mp instead of 2mp, I very much doubt any extra hardware was added specifically for video recording!

I just decrypted the 3GS firmware... but I need to take a shower and am late for work. Im uploading it on my dropbox, so whoever knows what theyre doing and wants to poke around (wish i could but were on a windows environment at work... ugh) just shoot me a PM or IM me on AIM and I will hook you up.

Hmm looks like my internet speed is sucking right now... might be a little bit before this actually gets uploaded.
    Last edited by skierdb526; 06-24-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now, unless some of you smart-asses have something supportive or relevant to add or any suggestions on how to enable this or work out the kinks...go play somewhere else and stop derailing our thread, trolls.
    ditto

Alright I got it uploaded if anyone wants to take a look PM me with your email address.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to skierdb526 For This Useful Post:

therealduckie (06-24-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by therealduckie View Post
    shehabelkadi, Way to be a debby-downer. They said a lot of things could never be possible but they are. As proven in the debug posted to this thread, it's NOT hardware based and IS possible. That debug states a call to SOFTWARE, not hardware. That comes straight from a Dev-Team member I consulted on the issue.

Well... Thanks for your solution... I will just do that.

Anyway, as I said, Hardware and Framework, and lots of plain old school reading and digging into the SDK.
    I have unproven confirmations that video is ported but slow as hell... if so, this proves my point. Framework needs to be recompiled to get higher frame rate from the 3G video hardware (in theory you can get just around 15 fps).

If I find any useful info for you guys I will post it, but I refuse to keep working on surface edit in the files, and pretend that I am getting somewhere.

As for being a deppy-downer, I concur... I am also called the fun killer, the grin master, and on many occasions I am referred to as the honest guy.

Over, and out.

Quote Originally Posted by skierdb526 View Post
    I just decrypted the 3GS firmware... but I need to take a shower and am late for work. Im uploading it on my dropbox, so whoever knows what theyre doing and wants to poke around (wish i could but were on a windows environment at work... ugh) just shoot me a PM or IM me on AIM and I will hook you up.

Hmm looks like my internet speed is sucking right now... might be a little bit before this actually gets uploaded.
    can you upload the decrypted the 3GS firmware to megaupload pls,because i have an idea how to activate the video recording in iphone 2G & 3G

this is my mail: [email protected]

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast