Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
File Modsforums, a part of the
I was looking for a way to edit my lockscreen "slide to unlock" text and lo, iFile came to the rescue. when i first tried this about three or four...
06-01-2009, 01:50 PM #1
An Easier Way to Edit System Strings
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I was looking for a way to edit my lockscreen "slide to unlock" text and lo, iFile came to the rescue. when i first tried this about three or four weeks ago it jacked my iPhone pretty hard. However I tried it again today and IT WORKED!!!
Here are the steps:
1. Get iFile from Cydia
2. Open iFile and go to the "/" page
3. Go from the there to library, then core services, then springboard.app, then english.iproj, then springboard.strings.
4. find the the text you want to edit, then click edit, and edit the text between the " ".
5. MAKE SURE YOU EDIT THE TEXT ON THE RIGHT IN THE " ". for example, to change the slide to unlock text on the lockscreen scroll down to the "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" and edit the text next to that that says "Slide to Unlock". make sure you leave the " " unchanged.
6. click save, then close iFile.
7. respring your iphone immediately
NOTE: the string are in alphabetical order in order of THE VISUAL TEXT SHOWN ON THE RIGHT. For example, when you change your "slide to unlock" text to, say, "BOOGA BOOGA", that will mean that when you next use ifile to change that text it will be at the top of the list with the text that starts with the letter B.
MAD PROPS TO THE CREATORS OF IFILE!
07-05-2009, 12:57 AM #2
Has there been no CONFLICTS then with 3.0 software before i go do this?
07-05-2009, 01:02 AM #3
Here is a real easy way I found for a friend, even has a video to make it even easier.
07-05-2009, 01:34 AM #4
I decoded the stock version, just edit it with Notepad++ on Windows or TextEdit on OSX and SSH it into your iPhone/iPod into:
Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Stock 3.0 SpringBoard.strings
07-05-2009, 02:00 AM #5
07-05-2009, 01:24 PM #6
07-06-2009, 11:15 AM #7
wicked awesome post! works on 3.0 and 3gs with no hassles! thanks again!
08-30-2009, 04:21 PM #8
I SSH your file to my 3gs 32gb phone, but the calendar has no day in it, and slide to unlock comes to "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL". Have I missed something?
08-30-2009, 04:44 PM #9
10-07-2009, 04:14 PM #10
hey do you know where the ringtone folder is? not the stash one there is another one that I have is from my custom ringtones that get synced from iTunes.