Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: keyboard click sound

Default keyboard click sound
    how do you change the click sound on the keyboard?

Thanks

I would recommend iPhone PC Suite, found here

Just install it, connect your phone and in Themes>Sounds you can change the keyboard click or the individual number keys. (among others of course)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sproch For This Useful Post:

Carmel (03-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the download Spresco. Just wondering how would I find different key tone sounds that would work with the phone?

Thanks

Default Keyboard Sounds
    ..good question, i guess you'll just have to find em around. All i came across that seemed suitable was the sound of a typewriter. I'll upload it as soon as quicktime finishes downloading (needs to be converted)

UPDATE: Found a few more, there not the best but its all i had time to find and convert at the moment.

-Feel free to thank me if either of these posts helped
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sproch; 03-10-2008 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Finished converting

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sproch For This Useful Post:

Carmel (03-10-2008), Manolo Bleu (06-27-2008), mejemaka (02-03-2010), NickTuso (03-10-2008), Niner1000RR (11-24-2008)

There are lots of sounds in our Download section:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20

Last edited by Dash-2; 03-11-2008 at 04:03 AM. Reason: grammer

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

Carmel (03-10-2008), NickTuso (03-10-2008)

Thanks

ugh your right, even the typewriter sound is there already. haha i want my 5 minutes back . Ironically I got those sounds from a program that makes a sound when you press a key on your keyboard

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the typewriter sound now. Thanks a bunch. That was easy.

Now my system sounds don't work at all. Worked for about a day and now none of the keysounds work and the dialer keys don't make a sound either. I have to figure out why its missing the sounds. When I get home I will check the UI sounds. Has this happened to anyone when replacing that file?

Ok so the UI sounds(keyboard click,lock+unlock sound) came back for some odd reason. It might have had something to do with hooking it up to my car via audio jack. The sounds came back when I was playing musica in the car on the way home from work.
    Last edited by NickTuso; 03-11-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey all,

i am trying to install my own keyboard sound, and after reading this thread i d/l iphone pc suite.

however it crashes as soon as i plug in my iphone. I have a jailbroken 3g with the 2.1 firmware on it.

I already have winSCP installed, as well as ssh on my phone. so if any one has any good methods please let me know.

maybe Iphone 2.1 fw is incompatible with ifone pc suite...You should use winscp to ssh those sound file into where you want...

that's actually what i wound up doing. i replaced the default "tock" with my own "tock".

i felt really old school doing that! i haven't done anything like that since windows 3.1, before they would let you chose you own sounds and everything was defaulted and you had to create a new sound and rename it to the default.

(at least i think it was 3.1, it was so long ago)

thanks for your reply!

Is there a chance someone extract the Google Voice Search keyboard sound? I really like it cause it's very subtle. Someone had posted the iPod Touch keyboard sound on Cydia, so that's what I've been using in the meantime, but I can't stand the default keyboard sound, it's way too loud.