Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vibration Pulse Patterns

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs down Vibration Pulse Patterns
    I've discovered through editing the .plist files how to make the vibrations for my text messages stronger, but I was wondering if anyone knew how I could add some rhythm to them.

Basically I have the 24-CTU tone set for received SMS messages and I'd like to have a vibration which sort of goes along with it....

Eg: (where # = phone vibrating)

####--####--##--########

Not sure about that, but how did you increase the vibration intensity?
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Followed this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Make iPhone SMS Alert Vibrate Longer Using Windows

Update: Nevermind, after a long time spent experimenting I finally cracked it... not rhythmic per se, but three distinct vibrations.
    Last edited by onthemightofprinces; 04-27-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onthemightofprinces View Post
    Followed this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Make iPhone SMS Alert Vibrate Longer Using Windows

Update: Nevermind, after a long time spent experimenting I finally cracked it... not rhythmic per se, but three distinct vibrations.
    Oh, but that's only about the duration of the vibration signal, right? Did you modify the intensity with that? And how did you eventually get to three vibrations?
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay, so this has been tested on the 2.2.1 firmware for iPhone

navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework

- Download the file entitled "SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist" (might be worth backing up the file first, just in case something goes wrong)

- Convert the .plist file you just downloaded from binary to xml (I used this website: Binary — XML .plist converter - iAppCat)

- Open up the converted file in Word Pad

- After the closing "dict" tag for 'ConnectedToPower' paste in the following information

<key>SMSReceived_Alert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.70000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>4.5</real>
    </dict>
    - Save the changes, use the converter to change the file back to binary. Some converters change the filename, so make sure it's the same as the one you downloaded. Upload the file and reboot your iPhone.

- Wait for someone to text you

------------------------------------------

In the section which you just pasted in, you can change the following to design your own vibration pattern.

OnDuration --> Denotes the length of *each* vibration. Only change the first two digits (one either side of the decimal point), make sure to leave the trailing numbers.

OffDuration --> Denotes the length of dormant time between *each* vibration. Same as above, only change first two digits. For longer gaps increase the number.

TotalDuration --> This will decide how many vibrations your phone lets off when receiving an SMS Message. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but increasing the number results in more loops of the on/off sequence. The above code to paste will give you three vibrations of just just under a second with a 1/2 second gap between them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onthemightofprinces For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (04-29-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by onthemightofprinces View Post
    Okay, so this has been tested on the 2.2.1 firmware for iPhone

navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework

- Download the file entitled "SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist" (might be worth backing up the file first, just in case something goes wrong)

- Convert the .plist file you just downloaded from binary to xml (I used this website: Binary &mdash; XML .plist converter - iAppCat)

- Open up the converted file in Word Pad

- After the closing "dict" tag for 'ConnectedToPower' paste in the following information

- Save the changes, use the converter to change the file back to binary. Some converters change the filename, so make sure it's the same as the one you downloaded. Upload the file and reboot your iPhone.

- Wait for someone to text you

------------------------------------------

In the section which you just pasted in, you can change the following to design your own vibration pattern.

OnDuration --> Denotes the length of *each* vibration. Only change the first two digits (one either side of the decimal point), make sure to leave the trailing numbers.

OffDuration --> Denotes the length of dormant time between *each* vibration. Same as above, only change first two digits. For longer gaps increase the number.

TotalDuration --> This will decide how many vibrations your phone lets off when receiving an SMS Message. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but increasing the number results in more loops of the on/off sequence. The above code to paste will give you three vibrations of just just under a second with a 1/2 second gap between them.

Thnx for that...looks pretty simple to do...but it would be really awesome if some1 could just make an app which does the same thing...something like.. the app lets the user choose which vibration to change(sms/call/etc)..set the OnDuration / OffDuration/ TotalDuration.... user is allowed to set the values for only the first 2 digits... save...respring/reboot and u have a new vibrate alert set.

@Devs -- Could some1 do this?

This is cool! I did this on 3.1.3 and it worked great. But, how could I do this for an email?

Could you upload the one you customized onthemightofprinces.

Anyone able to get this work on 4.x?

I edited my plist and have 3 vibs for a text message, one for an email, and the usual long vib for a call. I have done this on 4.X on my iphone 4 and 3GS

can someone just upload the plist for me?

Here is the one I use. Change the extension from txt to plist
    Attached Files Attached Files

billinaz, is that the one where you editied it to 3 vibs for sms, 1 for email and usual for call? If so email me on how to install it to the phone if you would please.

I can't take the credit for editing it, but you download the file and rename is from .txt to .plist.

SSH into your phone and drop it here

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/

it will replace the file of the same name there now.

Reboot your phone and it should work.

Careful if you have iblacklist or intelliscreen installed. If you use their program alerts, it will bypass the plist and use those instead.