+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change Calendar icon WITHOUT winterboard

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I want to know how to change the color and possible the font size of the calendar icon without the use of winterboard. I know you have to mod the
    biscuit2k4
    Default Change Calendar icon WITHOUT winterboard
    I want to know how to change the color and possible the font size of the calendar icon without the use of winterboard. I know you have to mod the info.plist file but there is like a million on the iphone and I can't find where it is. And i've spent ages looking on the net.
    Now I know there are alot of winterboard lovers out there and I agree it is a great app but personally I'd rather do all my modding without it, so I will save the hassle of recieving a gazzilion messages saying 'just use winterboard'.

Hope someone can help, and thanks in advance

Thanks

I'ts in the "iNav" theme so download it and checkout the Info.plist file
    Originally Posted by freezeman226
    lets stop dicking around and hack this shyt

biscuit2k4
    Cheers but that still needs winterboard to work as this file needs to be used with that, I need to find the file in the main iphone stock files

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The calendar icon to replace is /Applications/MobileCal.app/icon.png. I don't know of any plist that holds the text size for the date; it's probably built into SpringBoard.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

biscuit2k4
    Yea, I've found that one and changed that but it's still the font size and color I'm after, thanks anyways

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default change color
    i am wondering...if i change a string file(/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings) to plist... it will be possible to change size and the color of the icons. but, will the ipod/iphone be able to read this file? or use this file?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ogerwolf View Post
    i am wondering...if i change a string file(/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings) to plist... it will be possible to change size and the color of the icons. but, will the ipod/iphone be able to read this file? or use this file?
    That file contains only the names of apps as you see them on the screen. Putting other information in it will not change font size/color.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue. I want to change my calendar date text to be white instead of black without the use of winterboard. If it's as simple as editing a .plist, I can't figure out how to navigate to the right one.