Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Change Slider Text Tutuorial

Default How to Change Slider Text Tutuorial
    Now i am not sure if this has been addressed this exact way or not but i did tons of searching yesterday and was only able to find bits and pieces of how to do this....then i figured it out and it was like a light bulb went off....Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what you do to your phone/ipod and you assume all the risk. With that said...this is extremely easy!!!!

Step 1)
    Go get iPhonePCSuite I PC Suite,The Best Partner For Your Phone (Sorry file to big to zip)
    This is a transferring program like WinSCP....but i honestly prefer iphonePCSuite...connecting is simple...not roots or alpine this, password that!!!

Step 2) SpringBoard.Stringsoriginal is the backup file. I have included it in the zip i attached.
    This is a copy of the file you are going to modify. I have already made a copy so by saving this it will save you a step!!

Step 3) Open iPhonePCSuite and follow this navigation
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.Iprog and search for the file called SpringBoard.strings
    This is the file you are going to modify and as long as you have a copy (whether the one i attached or copy it from here) then you can continue to next step...REMEMBER make sure you have a backup of this file before you modify!!!

Step 4) Right Click the file and select "Open by Editor"
    This will bring a new window with all the text that makes this file run.

Step 5) There is a magnifying glass on the menu (top right) - Click it and search for Slide to Unlock
    you should find this
    <string>slide to Unlock</string>
    This is where the change is made...IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT change anything in the <key></Key> area only in the <string></string> area

For example
    you want it to say "Stay Out" instead of "Slide to Unlock"
    Then change text so that it read <string>Stay Out</string>

Same can be done for "Slide to power off" just search for it and change the text between <string></string>

It is amazingly that easy...

Step 6) MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE DISK ICON ON THE TOP OF THE MENU TO THE LEFT....THIS WILL SAVE YOU CHANGES!!!!

Step 7) Restart spring board and enjoy your new text!!!

Any questions or problems please ask and i will try to help

FYI I am using 2.2.0 jailbroken with pwnage. Again i am not responsible for what you do to your phone!! I consider myself decent with mods but i only know enough to get me by.

If you found this helpful Please send a THANKS my way
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fsu1dolfan; 03-24-2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: I confused iPhonebrowser with iPhonePCSuite DuH!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fsu1dolfan For This Useful Post:

Gsr_Hatch (06-12-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

I tried this and downloaded iPhonebrowser.
    When I right click I do not get an "Open by Editor" option to vies strings.
    First time user of this program, I've been using winscp but have heard how easy this one is. Can You help?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post

I tried this and downloaded iPhonebrowser.
    When I right click I do not get an "Open by Editor" option to vies strings.
    First time user of this program, I've been using winscp but have heard how easy this one is. Can You help?
    Thanks
    Ok one of the things i read before attempting this via iPhonebrowser was that i need Erica Utilites (per Winscp) found in cydia....i wasnt sure if i needed it via iphonebrowser or not, but i downloaded it regardless...this maybe be the cause...maybe someone can chime in on that but please check the picture i have and verify you dont see what my arrow is pointing to...."Open with Editor"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fsu1dolfan For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (03-23-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

I do have the Erica utilities.
    My iPhone browser that i downloaded from your zip looks way different. I don't have any of the icons on top ( magnafier, etc.}nor do I have the option as stated before for " open by editor". Not sure what I'm doing wrong. But thanks for your help.
    Being a noob sux.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I do have the Erica utilities.
    My iPhone browser that i downloaded from your zip looks way different. I don't have any of the icons on top ( magnafier, etc.}nor do I have the option as stated before for " open by editor". Not sure what I'm doing wrong. But thanks for your help.
    Being a noob sux.
    Wow turns out that i am the noob or at least a little slow...i was confusing iphonebrowser with iPhonePCSuite....too many freaking transfering programs...anyway i will fix the zip file and attach the iPhonePCSuite instead of iPhonebrowser....in the meantime here is a thread talking about PCSuite

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/os-apps...-v0-2-1-a.html

Also here is the link to download just iPhonePCSuite...this will solve you editing problem...sorry for the confusion
    http://www.ipcsuite.com/

Green Apple
    Thanks

where can i find an english version of this because I have no clue what i'm doing when it is in chinese