Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Changing iPhone Keyboard Click Sound

  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Default Changing iPhone Keyboard Click Sound
    Hello all! I was typing a text on my iPhone today, and my co-worker said "Wouldn't it be cool to have the typing sound sound like a typewriter?" While I do love the elegant simplicity of the click sound, I was wondering if this would be an easy file replacement to make this happen? Does anyone know if there is a sound file that I can get to via ssh that is the click sound that I could replace with an old school typewriter sound?
    Thanks!

    Well, I figured it out. In case there are others looking for this info, you can replace the file "Tock.caf" located in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds with your own sound. I made a great little typewriter sound, and it works like a charm. FYI - .caf files can be played in Quicktime, and using Quicktime Pro (or I think iTunes may do so also) you can export your sound file of choice to AIFF format, then just change the extension from .aiff to .caf. Upload to the above folder, and you're good to go!
    Last edited by solidgoldmini; 09-14-2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solidgoldmini For This Useful Post:

    dropofdreams (05-12-2008), mmspongebobzz (07-12-2010)

  3. #2
    Nice but isn't the default sound like an old typewriter?
    White 3G

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood California
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by solidgoldmini View Post
    Hello all! I was typing a text on my iPhone today, and my co-worker said "Wouldn't it be cool to have the typing sound sound like a typewriter?" While I do love the elegant simplicity of the click sound, I was wondering if this would be an easy file replacement to make this happen? Does anyone know if there is a sound file that I can get to via ssh that is the click sound that I could replace with an old school typewriter sound?
    Thanks!

    Well, I figured it out. In case there are others looking for this info, you can replace the file "Tock.caf" located in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds with your own sound. I made a great little typewriter sound, and it works like a charm. FYI - .caf files can be played in Quicktime, and using Quicktime Pro (or I think iTunes may do so also) you can export your sound file of choice to AIFF format, then just change the extension from .aiff to .caf. Upload to the above folder, and you're good to go!

    awesome, can you post the sound you made?


    Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to kainisable For This Useful Post:

    James_matheson007 (07-30-2009)

  6. #4
    I used the sound from Resident Evil 1 if anyone knows that video game - when you save your game it shows a typewriter on screen and I got my hands on that sound for use on my iPhone's keyboard. Pretty cool for a loser like me heh

  7. #5
    Can you post the sound you made plz? the oldtype typewriter one!

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    Can you post the sound you made plz? the oldtype typewriter one!
    i need that too. please provide us

  9. #7
    This may be stretching it, but can anyone steer me in the direction of the steps that I would have to take in order to program a link between iPhone's keyboard return key and a sound other than 'Tock.caf". Perhaps a ding sound, similar to one you might hear on an old typewriter.

    This would make me complete... until I get started on the status bar

    Much appreciated to the genius that provides some input,

    -kurtis

  10. #8
    Default My submission
    Hi there. I figured I'd give this a whirl and see what I came up with. If any of you are interested in a futuristic sounding beep when you type, here's something for you. Basically, it's the first 85 milliseconds of the startrek tone of a door bell. Anyway...hope those of you that use it enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dropofdreams For This Useful Post:

    JarJarTee (06-25-2010), UmarAllAroundYou (08-17-2010)

  12. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    im running 1.1.4 on windows, what program for my PC can i use to access the phones files, such as iphone browser when i had 1.1.1. i tried ihponebrowser6 but, no dice..?

  13. #10
    U should be able to still use IPB what jailbreak method did u use? If ziphone try installing the ziphone i brickr fix if u havent already, it can be found under the source i.unlock.no
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

    Sticky111 (05-18-2008)

  15. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    hey thanks buddy, ill give that a shot!.............. Well i gave it a shot and it sure did work! thanks a million LeathaFace
    Last edited by Sticky111; 05-18-2008 at 03:27 PM.

  16. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dropofdreams View Post
    Hi there. I figured I'd give this a whirl and see what I came up with. If any of you are interested in a futuristic sounding beep when you type, here's something for you. Basically, it's the first 85 milliseconds of the startrek tone of a door bell. Anyway...hope those of you that use it enjoy.
    thanks for the effort of making it but unfortunately it gets annoying after a bit, it sounds like high pitch bird's chirp.
    Last edited by swifty7; 05-24-2008 at 06:14 AM.

  17. #13
    Is it possible to replace the sound of the iPhone's keyboard clicking with the one of the iPod touch?

  18. #14
    I didn't know touch had a different sound.

  19. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I didn't know touch had a different sound.
    It isn't the BIGGEST difference in the world, but it's like - a "lite" sound. It almost compliments the width of the device.

  20. #16
    can someone make a sound of a ball(basketball) bouncing... Once.. If so thanks.

  21. #17
    I totally understand. It did get annoying fast but I haven't changed it back over yet.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to dropofdreams For This Useful Post:

    xajimx (08-30-2008)

  23. #18
    Does anyone have Dinozambas's Tock.caf sound???

  24. #19
    where can i find the original iphone tock sound?

  25. #20
    What's Jailbreak? ~hydeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    @orizzle lols u replace it?

    oh btw, i think the typewriter sound, u can get it from the old ICQ typing sound.
    inside my bag...

    • 3GS iPhone (3.1.3)
    • Macbook Pro
    • Playstation Portable
    • External HDD (500GB)
    • ThumbDrive (32GB)
    • iPhone Ext. Battery
    • Wallet
    • Headphones
    • Keys

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •