+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are pictures I take of people as their contact photo

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I can access pictures I take with the camera no problem (on the camera, duh, in the Photos section, and connecting the camera, I can get them via Picasa connecting).
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Where are pictures I take of people as their contact photo
    I can access pictures I take with the camera no problem (on the camera, duh, in the Photos section, and connecting the camera, I can get them via Picasa connecting).

However, I would like to also be able to get the pictures I take of people when I'm adding them as a contact. They don't show up in the photo albums, and I can't download them.

I've got ibrickr, and I've looked through the files, and I can't find them anywhere in the directory structure.

Hope that makes sense, thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It does make sense, but u might want to take the picture first, and then assign the picture to a contact

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know I know I've started doing that, but sometimes I forget to, and just do the "add photo" as I'm adding the person as a contact. I just wanted to make sure I have a backup of the pictures in case I need to restore or anything.

They've gotta be somewhere on the iphone that I can manually download them to my computer...

Thanks

if you're using a mac, when you sync your contact info, it transfers the photos to your address book. so, if anything were to happen to your iphone, you'd have a backup on your computer. i'm not sure if it does anything like that on a windows machine.
    "Beware the voice without a face."

Green Apple
    Thanks

on a windows machine you sync with Outlook Address Book - however, I never did it so idk if it saves pictures

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Right, see, when I first got phone, I wasn't syncing with Outlook. I want to sync with outlook now, but I'm worried that when I hit sync, it's gonna delete all my address book on the phone.

Anyone know if it will do that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this is it, but I did add a user contact photo and compared the file size
    /var/root/Library/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

Before add - 887Kb
    After add - .98 MB

I'll be restoring my phone to test this out, but I've backed up the file and will restore it after the phone is wiped and jailbraked.

Thanks

It won't delete your files on the iPhone unless you check the box under the info tab, where it says replace information on this iPhone with:...

Just make sure when iTunes asks you about your synced information that you choose "merge" instead of replace. Then it will be as normal as anything.

Reako