Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change App logo - just one - biteSMS

Default Change App logo - just one - biteSMS
    Hi, does anyone know how to change the logo for 1 app (not a whole skin/theme)?

I want to change biteSMS from the pink logo.

Running OS2.2.1 - hacked of course

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

SSH into your phone and then goto applications, locate the bitesms directory and open it and look for the file titled icon, then delete it, then add the new icon and name it the same as the previous, respring and you are good to go.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kjack05 For This Useful Post:

Bonessk (02-07-2009)

SSH into the folder of the theme your using, and change the biteSMS.png icon to whatever icon you want it to be.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ekidd For This Useful Post:

Bonessk (02-07-2009)

Thanks guys - that worked great.. for anyone reading the file for the BiteSMS springboard icon is icon.png

Thanks again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Changed mine quite easily. SSH and go to root>applications>bitesms.app scroll down and change these files: [email protected], icon.png, [email protected], Icon-Small.png to whatever you want. I copied them all and went into photoshop and changed them all to a more "Apple" looking red messages app with the BiteSMS text as seen below. Feel free to use them if you like em.
    Icon-Small.png Icon-Small2x.png icon.png [email protected]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

dynalmadman (12-26-2010)

Wow, worked like a champ. I installed OpenSSH expressly to change that icon and it worked first time.

Thanks a lot!

Michael

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

just make an icon, name is icon.png.. place it in bitesms folder and respring

I does work perfect.... Unless you have a winterboard "theme" turned on. Does anyone know how to get around that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdoerr343 View Post
    I does work perfect.... Unless you have a winterboard "theme" turned on. Does anyone know how to get around that?
    Do you have a bitesms icon winterboard theme or just any theme in general won't let you change the icon? If its a bite theme... obviously delete it

Nope just a springboard theme that employs a "generic" icon them for all icons ie: every icon matches the theme regardless of if there was anything written for it... To the point though it switched the moblesms icon into the bite SMS icon and it does work with the background winterboard theme turned off. I hope I'm making sense but I might be saying it wrong... I'm fairly new to jailbreaking and ssh

Thanks

Nope just a springboard theme that employs a "generic" icon them for all icons ie: every icon matches the theme regardless of if there was anything written for it... To the point though it switched the moblesms icon into the bite SMS icon and it does work with the background winterboard theme turned off. I hope I'm making sense but I might be saying it wrong... I'm fairly new to jailbreaking and ssh
    If it switched the mobilesms icon into the bite sms icon then it's possible you're gonna have to dig around and find that bite sms icon it switched the moblesms icon into and replace that with your own bitesms icon... if thats not confusing enough.

That's what I was afraid of but if I'm understanding correctly your saying it is possible to change the package "theme" if I can actually find it

Thanks

That's what I was afraid of but if I'm understanding correctly your saying it is possible to change the package "theme" if I can actually find it
    Yes. I have downloaded many themes and changed them according to my liking. As long as you can find where they are hiding and what image files they are using... it can be changed. Just remember before you replace or change anything, make a backup copy in case anything gets messed up you can start from scratch.

Great! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    just remember before you replace or change anything, make a backup copy in case anything gets messed up you can start from scratch.
    ..... isn't that the truth. If you don't, you'll learn the hard way.

I've been lucky enough to lose everything on both computer and phone multiple times.... Like taking all your spark plug wires off at once... Do it enough and you learn... One thing at a time