Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Renove Vibration for Alarm Clock

Question Renove Vibration for Alarm Clock
    Hello everyone !

First just a thank you to all, as I've been lurking for a while the forum getting a lot of very useful advices, and finally decided to register

Now here is a tough one I couldn't find a proper answer to anywhere:
    How do you remove the vibration ONLY for the alarm clock ?

You see I use the vibration for calls or emails/sms because the ringer can be very quiet if speaker is blocked (e.g. pocket), but in the morning I hate the sound of the vibrator, and would rather be waken up nicely by the smooth ringtone I chose (Telepopmusik - Breathe, try it guys ).

Anyway, I've been checking every single .plist file in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework, and even tried var/mobile/library/Preferences, without any success.
    The SystemSoundBehaviour.plist (In celestial.framework) seems to have everything but the goddamn alarm and ringer, so my guess is that those are pretty much tied together... or not ?

Any input would be welcome, I'd REALLY like to remove the vibration for the Alarm clock.

Thanks in advance !

PS: Sorry for the title mistake, can't edit it...
    Last edited by Ycare; 01-24-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling

+1. I have been looking for that too.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

Starting to think there is no solution to that.
    I really couldn't find anything anywhere besides people asking the same question and getting no answer...

Damn.

Unbelievable, that a spammer would register at the forum to post this useless irrelevant stuff... (EDIT: The mods have removed that spam post. Thanks!)
    Last edited by Jim Danner; 03-08-2009 at 06:38 PM.
    Windows tool to edit .plist, .strings and .nib files: pledit.
    Or use a website that will convert the binary form to a readable format.
    On iPhone you can convert those files in a terminal with plutil (installed with Erica Utilities from Cydia), or edit them with iFile (from Cydia).

And here I was... hoping for an actual possible solution

Well, at least this bumps the thread I guess. Anyone found an answer to this problem ?

Hello

Two years later and with the just released iOS 5 the same question arises, is there a way to disable vibrate only for the alarm of the clock app?

Thanks

Cydia package Playawake could do this but I'm not sure if it works in iOS 5 yet.

See following link: PlayAwake

Hi, thanks for the advice.
    Unfortunately it seems to be compatible only with pre iOS 5 versions.
    I'll wait for an update.