Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-11-2007, 06:37 AM #1Removing, Viewing & Editing SMS's
Don't you just hate that you can't sync or delete partial SMS's????
That there is actually a cap on how many SMS's you can actually have on the iPhone?
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to take your sms's off the iphone, view them, edit them, etc....
1. Assuming that everyone already know how to SFTP; navigate to the /private/var/root/Library/SMS directory and download the sms.db file
2. If you dont already have it, download Sqlite Database Browser (which can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...use_mirror=umn
3. Open Sqlite, click the Browse Data tab, then message in the drop down table.
4. Your entire SMS log will now be displayed and you can make any changes you want to the logs.
5. Now simply save your changes and upload back to the above folder.
6. You can also export your log as a CSV file and keep on your computer.
Hope this helps..... Enjoy!!!
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM #2
Ill have to try this... I wish itunes stored sms conversations.I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep
09-11-2007, 09:51 PM #3
I tried this but When i open the sms.db file with notpad i can see all messages since i got the phone but when i open the sms.db file with the Sqlite browser i only see the one i got back when i restored the phone.. I want to be able to restore all of them... Any Ideas????
09-13-2007, 01:11 PM #4
an iTunes SMS saver would be so sick
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM #5doesn't let me edit
i got the messages in front of me with the SQLite, but i can't edit anything. it says "Data could not be updated". why? what can i do?