Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: rm file on iphone??

Default rm file on iphone??
    hi, i got myself into a little situation here, but luckily i think i can get out of it without restoring my phone with a little help from you guys. can anyone tell if you ssh or use total commander to access your phone, what folder the file titled "rm" is in? i removed it from my phone to try to fix a bug, but now im having another problem because its gone. luckily i remembered to make a copy of it just in case i needed to put it back. well turns out i do! lol.

thanks for the help,

matt w.

EDIT: just in case you want to know, the problem im having is that whenever i want to download anything from cydia, it gets to the very end and since im trying to upgrade winterboard, says,
    /var/cache/apt/archives/winterboard_0.9.2693-1_iphoneos-arm.deb

then under that it says, subprocess rm cleanup returned error exit status 2

the biggest thing that makes me believe that its because i deleted that file is tha is says subprocess "RM".

maybe i should put this under cydia support?
    Last edited by matdogg; 01-17-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

rm is in a 'bin' folder. Don't remember which one but it won't hurt anything to put in ALL

Just remembered: could also be an 'sbin' folder.
    Last edited by Mes; 01-17-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks for the help. so i replaced the rm file in both the bin and sbin folders, but when i went into cydia again, it did the same thing. maybe i just need to go ahead and move this to cydia support.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I just checked ..... on 2.2 rm is located only one place '/bin'

Can't help with the Cydia problems, sorry. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by matdogg View Post
    thanks for the help. so i replaced the rm file in both the bin and sbin folders, but when i went into cydia again, it did the same thing. maybe i just need to go ahead and move this to cydia support.
    After moving the rm file in the right place with WinSCP, right-click the file and make sure the owner is root and the checkboxes next to all three X-es are checked (or the "Octal permissions" are set to 0755).