+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mod default text sound

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
with this u should be able to change and customize all your default text alerts eg - chime, tri-tone etc. first youll need a sound file (or a collection of
    Thanks
    Default mod default text sound
    with this u should be able to change and customize all your default text alerts eg - chime, tri-tone etc.

first youll need a sound file (or a collection of sound files). 1-3 seconds is probably good.
    for me i made a 1 second clip from a song in itunes and used it to replace the chime sound provided by the default text sounds in my phone.

whatever the file is named - - mp3 m4r etc you need to rename it .caf.
    some files do not simply rename to .caf therefore you must first convert it to .aiff in itunes. to do this you must:
    first import the sound files to itunes, go to edit, preferences under the general tab select import settings, select import usng AIFF encoder, select sound file, right click it and convert to AIFF
    drag to the desktop and rename it, sms-received1.caf (the 1 in the file repressents which notification you will change. for me it was sms-received2.caf because i was changing the chime tone).

lastly open ssh and go to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and find the 6(?) sms-receved.caf files. drag and replace

youre good to go.

*Thanks to Dinozambas for his video on making soundthemes for winterboard for mentioning the need to sometimes convert to .aiff before renaming the extension .caf! if youre interested in making a full sound theme for winterboard check his video out here:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcnlYwzAlM]YouTube - How To Make Sound Themes For 2.2/2.1 iPhone,iPhone 3G & iPod Touch[/ame]

*to learn how to change other things using winterboard, such as lock, unlock sounds, slider text and others reply to this post

hope this helps

ro3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to royorbs3 For This Useful Post:

chazdrums (01-18-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks man, great ****!