Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard Directory

Default Winterboard Directory
    I want to uninstall Winterboard to hopefully speed up my phone. But there are some things I want to keep, for example: The Metal Gear Solid sounds. 3g Slider. And that's pretty much it.

I saw someone on here talking about doing it manually through SSH. But how would I do this? What directories do I need to put these files in and what not?

There should be a sticky regarding the directories and such.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar

To ssh.

openssh (install from cydia)

make sure your connected to your wifi internet (no edge)
    Settings>Wifi>tap blue arrow on your wifi connection>write down IP Address

download and install winscp [google it]

open winscp
    in host name type in your iPhones IP Address
    User Name - root
    Password - alpine
    hit login

Theme location.

/Library/Themes/(theme name)

Once you uninstall winterboard you will need to create your own theme. Here is a link how>

3. The Following User Says Thank You to captainjapanicq For This Useful Post:

illuminatty (01-08-2009)

Well I know how to SSH. That link was kinda helpful but I don't really want to create a theme. I just want to keep the Metal Gear Solid sounds and maybe a modified slider without Winterboard. That guide kinda leads more towards making a theme to use with Winterboard.

I'm not sure where to put the slider, but I'm pretty sure the sounds go in private/Mobile/Core services/UISounds. Just look for the files in that folder with the same name and make sure you BACK UP THE ORIGINALS. I usually just rename them with DEFAULT at the end.

For the slider, take a look at /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarknobgray.png (and and