+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i cant figure out how to put a background behind my icon with summerboard an i dont know where to find a guide or something for summerboard.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default summerboard
    i cant figure out how to put a background behind my icon with summerboard an i dont know where to find a guide or something for summerboard.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

after you install summerboard, the image you use as your wallpaper (the image that appears when your phone is locked, by default it's a pic of the earth) will be your new Spring/SummerBoard homescreen background.

you will also be able to scroll icons (have more than 16 and scroll the homescreen vertically as if on mobilesafari)

I think that's all it does.. there are no settings as of yet, so there really isnt a need for a guide... just install and enjoy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    when i install it nuttin happens no different background nuttin i cant even scroll i dont know why?

Thanks

How did you install the app? You might need to chmod +x. What this does gives the app permission to run on the iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

can you just put files and set permissions for summerboard? i thought it was only available on installer.. and maybe PXL, which both, i think, set permissions for you

Thanks

Ive installed it once using installer, then on my other phone using iBrickr, both worked perfectly

So i reccomend installing it one of those ways, as mentioned above it seets permissions for you