+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nothing in my iphone!!!!!!!! Heeeeeellppppppp!!!!!!!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've backed up my 3G as I was really really making it cool. And I have 2G iPhone also, so I wanted to make the 2G look and feel the
    Thanks

Unhappy Nothing in my iphone!!!!!!!! Heeeeeellppppppp!!!!!!!
    I've backed up my 3G as I was really really making it cool. And I have 2G iPhone also, so I wanted to make the 2G look and feel the same way... I've just Copied and Pasted Everything that's under Root into the 2G... But now there is nothing! My computer won't even recognize it. Battery is still running, cuz i have ghost screen... I even had to leave my 2G in the Freezer for 5 minutes. It's getting hella hot. How do I Restore it??? Really really in need of help! Please people...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ya, simply copying and pasting everything in the /root/ from 3g to 2g is not the way to do it. If itunes recognizes the phone, simply restore it. Otherwise, try entering DFU mode and then restoring.

Thanks

how do you DFU mode? well, there is nothing inside the phone... No file at all. No single letter in it... So that DFU will run..? iTunes not recognizing at all...

ohh I might be almost there... google doesn't lie lol. but I got T-Mobile sim card. And the iTunes finds the phone, and it recognizes it too much. Because of the Sim card. QuickPWN will work?

ohh I might be almost there... google doesn't lie lol. but I got T-Mobile sim card. And the iTunes finds the phone, and it recognizes it too much. Because of the Sim card. QuickPWN will work?

Ohhhh I got it! Great... Well so how should copy and paste things? Because I have one extra language in there which is Mongolian. And every I have mn.lproj everywhere... What should I do? just cope and paste one by one?
    Last edited by m1ngaa; 12-05-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Don't just start copying and pasting without knowing exactly what you are transferring. What exactly are you trying to copy over to your 2g iphone? Just the language support?

It is also possible that you mistakenly deleted things instead of copying them last time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wine_guy For This Useful Post:

m1ngaa (12-08-2008)

Thanks

SOunds like he wants to copy themes. He needs to restore and re-jailbreak following this method:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...elatively.html

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

m1ngaa (12-08-2008)

Thanks

lol tanx to you all. Yeah, I'm only trying to copy n' paste the language thing. but yeah, I kinda figured it out. Is it possible to copy and paste the whole Root from 3G to 3G? or like 2G to 2G?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m1ngaa View Post
    lol tanx to you all. Yeah, I'm only trying to copy n' paste the language thing. but yeah, I kinda figured it out. Is it possible to copy and paste the whole Root from 3G to 3G? or like 2G to 2G?
    I don't believe so.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

m1ngaa (12-08-2008)

Thanks

tanx... but you can still copy n' paste Root/Applications/ right? I mean not the 3rd party things, but the stock ones like Phone, Text and bla bla bla...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would help if we knew WHY you were trying to do this... if it is simply for theming it seems like much less a hassle to just manually redo the themes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

it's not about the Themes or any sounds... I have been working on an iPhone for a while. And I've successfully added a new Cyrillic language (Mongolian) using Windows Vista, so now I'm tryna put that into my friend's phone. I kinda figured it out tho. Thanks for your help. Well,
    One more thing:
    How do you add SMS tone? I've got sms-recieved7,8.caf in the UISounds, I've added new Vlaues or bla bla bla on the Sounds.plist and the en.lproj/Sounds.strings (I forgot :P) and in the phone the Names are shown, but when you press on the name and try to choose it it does not play. What's wrong with it? Has anybody succesfully added a new sms tone yet? if yes please help...