Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Find Out Who Called You Private

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Find Out Who Called You Private
    Lol..
    I was just browsing through my phone trying to figure out how to edit the "LockDockBar" and find it at least, when I came across this file called "call_history.db"(/private/var/mobile/Library/CallHistory).

Opened it with TextEdit(I'm on a Mac), then went all of the way to the bottom to the most recent calls.
    It just so happened someone called me private tonight on some weird BS.

You won't be able to recognize it unless the number has a *67 in front of the number instead of a #1

Hope this helps find out who is playing on your phone, and expose those that need a life instead of prank calling people.

Can you test this?
    I think you was the one who dialed with private number,not sure about your network.
    Just tested now on 2G with 2.1 and there is no info like you said.
    Just test it,empty your call history,and dial from a known number but with privacy activated and after that open your databese and look into for number,if this work provide with more information about your software ... etc.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wow, you didn't even ask for money for this trick. that's awesome...

good find.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I thought the signal from ATT came through as private, not your phone. Seems like it doesn't make sense.

Anyone able to confirm this?

The CallerID info should be stripped off at the carrier. I don't think it's possible that this info could be passed to the phone. I tested this by *67 calling my phone and looking at the call_history.db in sqlite3. The "address" column showing the incoming phone number is blank for blocked calls. The date, duration, flags, and id columns still display their respective data.

If you're getting *67 in your call history, it's likely that it was dialed from your phone.

E.T. Was phoning home last night on young hustla phone LOL

Thanks

I tested it on a friend of mine's phone, he's on AT&T and it doesn't work.
    While on my T-Mobile service it does indeed work. I just called my cell phone from my house on private, check the same file and it showed up.

So, it's seeming like your network matters

The number is passed by network until the receiver.
    Tested some time ago with some web service telephony,activated divert from phone to my account,when private number call me just reject call wich was diverted then to my web phone,next,go to my account and check call history and here I see who called my with restricted id.
    Also some network offer some service as anti-clir wich override the decision of caller to restrict his identity.
    In theory incomming calls are somehow marked as visible or invisible and phone make decision to reveal or hide numbers.
    Maybe if someone can log or watch or sniff comunication from iphone and make some test calling to iphone with and without private activated can figure out how tis is made.

As for your first post.
    I think you dialed with private.
    Reason:
    Not all network use same code to restrict identity.
    There are many variants like
    #31#number
    *67number ? in your network and many others
    each operator can use probably what he wants.
    In this case all phones must recognize this and act as it was designed.
    Most plausible is some flag or header passed to phone and that is all and unic for gsm standard,when phone receive flag+number then depends of that flag show or hide numbers of caller.
    Example phone receive:
    showid#numer > display number of caller
    hideid#number > display Private or blocked

where showid and hideid is as I said some flag or headers send by network
    Last edited by gabiz_ro; 11-05-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: some completion

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

0I know when I get my phone bill if someone calls private its shows up in the call records MY number

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesnt work for me. I called from my home phone with *67 and it shows up blank in SQliteDatabase. While all other recent calls show the full numbers

holy crap, Thats pretty cool. I opened it in Wordpad and its a mess but the numbers are all in there!
    good n'uff

I just got a prank call and im wondering what i can do to find out who it was? I have a Blackberry 9000 btw, please someone help me out, thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden1000 View Post
    I just got a prank call and im wondering what i can do to find out who it was? I have a Blackberry 9000 btw, please someone help me out, thanks!!!
    > local police station

No thanks lol. Anyone else?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Blackberry 9000 = Epic Fail

Anyway this is interesting. I know there's a way to find out who calls you from private. It lies in the phone somewhere. Maybe someone can write a script or something that can expose it.

By the way which program can I use on Windows Vista to view the log? I tried Wordpad and Notepad but it comes out a jibberish. On wordpad I think I can actually see the phone numbers but it's a mixture of phone numbers and jibberish.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 01-05-2009 at 07:42 AM.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Blackberry 9000 = Epic Fail

Anyway this is interesting. I know there's a way to find out who calls you from private. It lies in the phone somewhere. Maybe someone can write a script or something that can expose it.
    What was the Blackberry 9000 = epic fail comment for....? Weirdo, anywayz, anyone got a way?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Because BB 9000 are horrible. Just wait until he has a software problem on it. It's either you trackball won't roll up and down, left and right, doesn't respond, phone reboots when rolling the ball, phone reboots when pressing a button, when answering a call, phone keyboard enters wrong keys when right ones are pressed, jvm 503 error, jvm 523 error, my mic stopped working i can't talk to anyone, i can't hear anyone, my messages, emails, and call logs are deleting by themselves, i get an uncaught exception error on my blackberry, my pc doesn't recognize my blackberry, i'm getting duplicate emails/contacts.

Want me to continue with the long list of problems that blackberries have or should I continue. I would know I fix them everyday. That's why I made the comment and I guess that's why he's hanging out in this forum instead of crackberry or blackberryforums.

Anyway people say that Spoofing can show private numbers, anyone know how. I downloaded and pay for SpoofApp but didn't see any option there for it.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 01-05-2009 at 07:55 AM.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

I only noticed this on an iPhone
    And not to mention I found this out by accident.
    Some here may say it was a number that I called private, but I rarely, if ever call anyone private.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Im sure it can be done somehow with the right knowlege.
    I once called 000 (same as (911) for you guys with my phone on private as I had a concern with my child and decided she was ok after a couple of minutes.I didnt give out an address or phone number and the paramedics were knocking on my door while I was on the phone still.Any one work in a government department want to share with us here
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It works great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast